Stuuuuuuuuu

Goalie

Pardy won't last 4-6 weeks although I wish they would leave him in there for the tank. Postma will see time and I wouldn't be surprised if another d man started some games while Stu is out too.

If we finished higher than 28th, I will be surprised. Leave Helle in the minors. Call Harrison up and play him on the first pairing. Play Hutch the rest of the season....I want Matthews.

I understand the odds. Odds are if you finish last, you have the best chance of picking first. Freakin Oilers have a horseshoe up their arses. If we finish 3rd last, I think the worst we can pick is 6 and we can still get a pretty good player at sixth. I wouldn't be disappointed to see Chycrun in a Jets D. Much rather see Matthews. If Connor and Ehlers pan out and we get Matthews and he is as stated, we're not far off being contenders. Helle develops properly, Trouba turns into a #1 D man. Scheif as a 2C in 2-3 years with the Jets would be a nice sight to see. I've got to say, get a really high draft pick or not, I'm as optimistic on the Jets' future as I ever have been including Jets 1.0.

Toronto sure but cbj Has 1 less point. Ya they have played 2 more games but like buffalo are trending up. Win streaks. 

Edmonton and Toronto might be tough to out tank. Vancouver 2. I think we are better than they are. 

Trouba Lowry to Edmonton for 1st Rd pick plus RNH 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Finishing last doesn't guarantee you Matthews. 

Yeah, Buff knows that losing #1 pick to Florida. They had a good discussion on 1290 this morning about what to do with draft whether to lottery it up.

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Toronto sure but cbj Has 1 less point. Ya they have played 2 more games but like buffalo are trending up. Win streaks. 

Edmonton and Toronto might be tough to out tank. Vancouver 2. I think we are better than they are. 

Trouba Lowry to Edmonton for 1st Rd pick plus RNH 

I see CBJ as last just based on who their coach is. Toronto 2nd last. EDM, VANC are not as bad as they are especially with McJesus back. Heck even the Jets are bound to do better with so many games on road this month and with Pavelec back.

ryan_nugent_hopkins_edmonton.jpg

I have no faith in that face especially at 6m/yr.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 minute ago, DR. CFL said:

The notion the the group of bottom feeder teams need to deliberately tank is hilarious. The reality is they are on the bottom simply because they are not good enough. So they can simply keep doing what they are doing. Teams lacing in talent not playing well. Go get them boys.

Well, the GM of Arizona made recent comments (talked about on 1290 this morning) alluding to tanking last season.  So I would say where there is a will, there is a way.  Buffalo traded for Kane because it meant moving out good players and bringing back a player who was injured for the rest of the season.  Teams do try to tank.

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well, the GM of Arizona made recent comments (talked about on 1290 this morning) alluding to tanking last season.  So I would say where there is a will, there is a way.  Buffalo traded for Kane because it meant moving out good players and bringing back a player who was injured for the rest of the season.  Teams do try to tank.

Lets not forget they hired Ted Nolan back.

How? They are both generational talents. The  biggest difference between them is one is canadian so he gets hyped out the ass, and the other is american so he doesn't. 

They are both Franchise Centers. Both Edmonton and Buffalo got what they wanted. 

Eichel is a PPG player his last 25 games. He's going to be very very good and already is. 

Edited by Goalie

Not giving Eichel enough Credit at all, Eichel would still have been number 2. I'd gladly take him on the JETS any day of the week. The guy is gonna be a huge star. Just cuz he plays for a smaller market team who gets very little attention doesn't mean he isn't as good. McDavid,Eichel,Matthews in that order for sure. and the Gap between McDavid and Eichel isn't as much as the media says. 

You watching tons of Buffalo games i guess? McDavid is very good, so is Eichel. They are both generational talents. Matthews is also but his ceiling is probably less than Eichels, Don't get me wrong, I'd take all 3 but if i had a choice between Lets just say Eichel or Matthews, It's Eichel all day every day and it's not even close. 

Not a ton but I have watched a few and considering Eichel's linemates this year, I would have expected much much more from him.

McDavid might surpass him in points this year even though he was out with a broken clavicle! Huge drop from one to the other.

It remains to be seen but most analysts say that Matthews would have been 2nd pick last year if he were born a couple of days earlier. I am not saying I don't like Eichel because I do.