Game 56 : Jets @ Hurricane Carter

Here's the thing. To those who say you'd rather keep pav? Why exactly. His numbers are actually pretty bad... he's had 5 almost 6 years here... his save percentage is actually the same as hutch or a little worse. The GAA are similar. Pav makes 4.75 million next year or something but with a 3.9 million cap hit. Hutch is a rfa who might get 1 million. Helle would still be on his ELC.... with pav and helle you are spending let's just call it 4.6 million cap hit. With hutch and helle it's about 1.6 max 2 million cap hit. Pav has had his chances. He's a below average nhl goalie. Why hang on to him for another year. It makes no sense and if some other team is willing to trade for him.... I don't care what you get back.... you take it and run. Pav isn't the future so keeping him makes no sense 

I'm not against trading Pavs but if we do and Helle goes down, are the Jets comfortable with Hutch/Comrie as the two goalies? I'm not. I would be okay with keeping Pavs for one more season.

Pavs for Kempe and 2017 1st rounder...

Ladd for Bowey and 1st rounder...

Stuart and Burmi and Thorbs and Peluso for whatever they can get...

I'd even be okay with moving Stafford at the TD if the return was enough...

If they can't trade Hutch or Pavs, leave Helle on the farm for the tank....I want Matthews.

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I'm not against trading Pavs but if we do and Helle goes down, are the Jets comfortable with Hutch/Comrie as the two goalies? I'm not. I would be okay with keeping Pavs for one more season.

Pavs for Kempe and 2017 1st rounder...

Ladd for Bowey and 1st rounder...

Stuart and Burmi and Thorbs and Peluso for whatever they can get...

I'd even be okay with moving Stafford at the TD if the return was enough...

If they can't trade Hutch or Pavs, leave Helle on the farm for the tank....I want Matthews.

Trade Pavs if you can get a decent return. And if you aren't comfortable with Helle / Comrie / Hutch next season, sign a vet as a backup for a year or two. 

I would personally be fine with Helle Hutch next season and let Comrie continue to get experience with the Moose. 

Personally think that Chevy will try to get Pavelic off the books for next year also think that Ladd will get traded unless he lowers his contract demands ,Perrault and Stafford will be dealt next year if not sooner, and Stuart and Thorburn could be on there last legs with gets. We have lots of prospects who may be ready but if the cap goes down they will need to get younger and may be able to pick off some cap dumps than are better than some of the vets we have now

Buff has been one of the most consistent players on the team this year. Am I the only one that thinks Trouba plays well with Buff but poorly away from him?

You're going to add to Myers to pull Hamonic but I am all for that trade....add a 2nd or Petan.

Trouba Buff

Enstrom Hamonic

Morrissey Chiarot

Trade Ladd and a Pavs/Hutch and something else if needed and bring back a 2LHD. Trim some dead weight in the off-season.

There could be about 3 more rookies making the team to start next year too. Morrissey, Connor, Petan, De Leo and Lemieux should all be competing for spots. I can see us having trouble making the playoffs again next season.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Good enough spot to put it. I haven't been impressed with any of our D men this year outside of Buff. Change could be coming. Myers for Hamonic. Then Trouba is traded for an LHD man od similar upside. 

This has been Enstrom's best year since 11/12. Trade Trouba for LHD? then we down to 2 RHD. I'm old school, I want 3 RHD and 3 LHD.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Postma is an UFA after next year and it is obvious that Maurice doesn't have confidence in him. Buff Myers Postma on the right with Trouba, Enstrom and ??????? on the left.

The Isles don't have a lot of trading partners and Hamonic wants to come here. Myers is a big caphit at 5.5 and the Isles might  not like that. Hamonic is less than 3.9 and signed for a year more than Myers. I'd add Petan no problema. The Jets would probably have Hamonic for the rest of his career.

Lindholm has at least as high a ceiling as Trouba and no way in hell are they parting with him...

Probable starting lineup tonight...

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Scheifele-Stafford
Ladd-Burmistrov-Armia
Peluso-Copp-Thorburn

Enstrom-Byfuglien
Chiarot-Myers
Pardy-Trouba

Pavelec  Hutchinson

I'd exchange Burmi/Copp and Armia/Stafford but that's me. I'd swap Scheif/Little too.

At this point, I'd give Copp a shot at 3rd line Centre over Burmi...

I feel like Jets are destroying Trouba's confidence this year... first they clearly choose Myers over him, cut his minutes... then put him back up with Buff as #1 pairing of the future and now he's back down to third pairing.