Game 31 : Blues Clues @ Jets

It will be Helle and either Pavs or Hutch.  Hutch is easy to re-sign.  Pavs is still under contract.  So the obvious thing would be to let Hutch walk, trade him for a conditional late pick, or re-sign him and assign him to the Moose because Comrie probably needs a veteran down there for a bit.

And go Helle/Pavs.

It will be Helle and either Pavs or Hutch.  Hutch is easy to re-sign.  Pavs is still under contract.  So the obvious thing would be to let Hutch walk, trade him for a conditional late pick, or re-sign him and assign him to the Moose because Comrie probably needs a veteran down there for a bit.

And go Helle/Pavs.

To Helle and Pav again?

This team just does not have the talent to be a playoff team, soon to be last in the Central and we wondering if with should sign Ladd and Buff to long term expensive contracts. Maurice needs to start fresh next year and that means new assistant coaches and a new leadership group in the room, the current one talks a good game but does not perform on the ice. 

Lack of power play and taking penalties is the biggest problem. Blame refs. Stuart. Myers. Whoever you want. Our PP and PK are costing us games. Do we even get shots on the PP? Fire Vincent and Huddy. Team needs a remake on the ice too.

I was thinking about this during a PP in tonight's game.

Maurice didn't get to pick and choose his assistants, they were here when he was hired and only one of Noel's assistants was fired. Our special teams are some of the worst in the league. I'm not sure if you could find a replacement mid-season but I am sure you could find one this off season. Oh ya, I forgot, the Jets extended them this summer for 3 years.  Vincent is in charge of the PP. Who is in charge of the PK? Huddy? Maurice?  Both special teams suck. The Jets can't defend on the PK so they should try harder to stay out of the box.

Scheif's line is starting to dominate. I would love to see Wheeler on that line instead of staf although I like Staf's game this year. Buff played a smart game.

Why did Myers pinch on that last goal? The game is tied, you aren't down one? Bonehead move if you ask me and if it were Buff that had done it, people would be all over him. Helle looked a lot more human in the third.

We saw what happened when you publicly rip the refs.

Team can be world beaters. Just not for 60 minutes. No playoffs.

Tough pill to spend the money required on Ladd and Buff when this team right now isn't good enough.

Perreault is the straw that stirs the drink much of the time

Scheif is rapidly becoming our best player.

We saw what happened when you publicly rip the refs.

Team can be world beaters. Just not for 60 minutes. No playoffs.

Tough pill to spend the money required on Ladd and Buff when this team right now isn't good enough.

Perreault is the straw that stirs the drink much of the time

Scheif is rapidly becoming our best player.

I'd say he is. Scheif that is

Lack of power play and taking penalties is the biggest problem. Blame refs. Stuart. Myers. Whoever you want. Our PP and PK are costing us games. Do we even get shots on the PP? Fire Vincent and Huddy. Team needs a remake on the ice too.

I was thinking about this during a PP in tonight's game.

Maurice didn't get to pick and choose his assistants, they were here when he was hired and only one of Noel's assistants was fired. Our special teams are some of the worst in the league. I'm not sure if you could find a replacement mid-season but I am sure you could find one this off season. Oh ya, I forgot, the Jets extended them this summer for 3 years.  Vincent is in charge of the PP. Who is in charge of the PK? Huddy? Maurice?  Both special teams suck. The Jets can't defend on the PK so they should try harder to stay out of the box.

Scheif's line is starting to dominate. I would love to see Wheeler on that line instead of staf although I like Staf's game this year. Buff played a smart game.

Why did Myers pinch on that last goal? The game is tied, you aren't down one? Bonehead move if you ask me and if it were Buff that had done it, people would be all over him. Helle looked a lot more human in the third.

Of course Maurice could have picked his assistants, all coaches are able to do that. Thing is...he kept two...as it turns out maybe Vincent was a mistake...however if you don't have quick enough players playing on the PK it is very hard to be agressive. Playing Ladd is the perfect example of having someone not quick enough on the PK.