Paris Attacks

The Unknown Poster

randy turnerVerified account @randyturner15 3h3 hours ago

Look, I'm all for Winnipeg welcoming refugees into our fair city with open arms. But nobody said anything about Eskimos fans. #CFL

Turner is probably the least funny local journalist on twitter.  And sadly he keeps trying.  I dont really "know" the personalities of the reporters so I cant often tell you who is good, bad or otherwise but I can tell you I have little respect for turner just because of his horrible attempts to be funny so damn often online.  I find it difficult to believe a professional writer wouldnt hit a few quality zingers once in a while.  But he's batting .000

On an off-topic note, my gf and sister went to one of the open-houses at a local Mosque and had a great time (aside from a bad allergic reaction to a Henna)

SEE, SEE HOW INCLUSIVE I AM?!!?

Not sure what your point is...?  Is that a shot?  A lot of people went to the open house.  It was a great idea.

Pass.

So not sure if this is the thread for it, but the government has admitted that Dec 31st is too quick of a deadline for the refugees, and have extended the deadline.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-152541-4-.htm#152541

So everyone is more or less happy with this decision?

Hard not to like this... it kind of appeases everyone... 

Women,Children and Families- no lone males of fighting age: Addresses security Concerns

Screened and health concerns addressed BEFORE they come over.

Taking in 10,000+ before years end and 15+K more before two more months end...

Pragmatic, measured, flexible, and done in a timely manner- colour me impressed (which is the same colour as Aqua-velva).  

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Let me first say that yes this is a good decision. So good for PM for making the right call

But I find the praise hilarious. Many of these same people just yesterday wokld have insisted there was no security issue and no timing issue. And some were called bigoted and Islamaphobic for having a different view.

Fast forward a couple of days and there are security concerns and the timeline is too tight. Hmmmmm

Admitting they were wrong is an honourable thing so gold star for PM. And the important part is getting it right.

So not sure if this is the thread for it, but the government has admitted that Dec 31st is too quick of a deadline for the refugees, and have extended the deadline.

Women,Children and Families- no lone males of fighting age: Addresses security Concerns

Pragmatic, measured, flexible, and done in a timely manner- colour me impressed (which is the same colour as Aqua-velvet).  

That's Aqua Velva lad.

Let me first say that yes this is a good decision. So good for PM for making the right call

But I find the praise hilarious. Many of these same people just yesterday wokld have insisted there was no security issue and no timing issue. And some were called bigoted and Islamaphobic for having a different view.

Fast forward a couple of days and there are security concerns and the timeline is too tight. Hmmmmm

Admitting they were wrong is an honourable thing so gold star for PM. And the important part is getting it right.

Probably more politically based than expedient or for security concerns. I think popular support for Trudeau was going down everyday because of this subject & the Libs decided to stop the hemmoraging by slowing down the process. Still,it was the right one. 

Pragmatic, measured, flexible, and done in a timely manner- colour me impressed (which is the same colour as Aqua-velvet).  

wanna-b-fanboy is an Aqua Velva Man.

Pragmatic, measured, flexible, and done in a timely manner- colour me impressed (which is the same colour as Aqua-velva).  

That's Aqua Velva lad.

Heh, thanks for the correction- though it strikes me as strange that a name that is so manly is so close to the name for womanly parts... just change that "e" to an "a" and you have whole different... well you get my drift.

here's something to be worried about  http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2015/11/24/turkeys-stab-in-the-back/

This incident has revealed what the real sides are in the Syrian civil war: who is fighting whom, and for what. The Russian plane crashed into Syrian territory and one of the pilots was shot from the skies as he parachuted: (this barbaric act was captured on video by the rebels, who are being reported as affiliated with the Turkmen “10th Brigade.” This is just for public consumption, however: in reality, the area is controlled by an alliance of rebel forces dominated by the al-Nusra Front, which is the official Syrian affiliate of al-Qaeda. The jihadists took control of the area in March of this year, and it has been the focal point of recent fighting between al-Qaeda and Syrian government forces backed by the Russian air offensive.

Vice is reporting:

“Russia sent helicopters to search for the downed pilots. Syrian fighters later fired at a helicopter forcing it to make an emergency landing in a nearby government-held area, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said. A Syrian insurgent group, recipient of US Tow missiles, said its fighters hit the helicopter with an anti-tank missile.”

So here we have it: US-backed jihadists, including al-Qaeda, are using weapons supplied by Washington to fight the Russians and the Syrian government. A cozy arrangement, indeed.

As I’ve written here as long ago as the summer of 2012, Washington has effectively entered an alliance with al-Qaeda.

And as I pointed out here more recently, our “war on terrorism” has turned into a war on Russia, a proxy war in Syria in which Washington is actively aiding its former enemies – the very same people who brought down the World Trade Center and attacked the Pentagon on September 11, 2001.

In the wake of the raid that killed Abu Sayyaf, suspicions of an undeclared alliance have hardened. One senior western official familiar with the intelligence gathered at the slain leader’s compound said that direct dealings between Turkish officials and ranking Isis members was now “undeniable”.

“There are hundreds of flash drives and documents that were seized there,” the official told the Observer. “They are being analysed at the moment, but the links are already so clear that they could end up having profound policy implications for the relationship between us and Ankara.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/26/isis-syria-turkey-us?CMP=share_btn_tw

Now Turkey shoots down a Russian fighter jet. Apparently rebels shot & killed one of the pilots as he parachuted down. The wherabouts of the other pilot is unknown. Turkey is a Nato ally. The Russians may talk tough here but in reality know they can't go after Turkey militarily. The Turks are stupid.