Game 18 : Jets @ Preds

Nobody wants the full team traded. Just some core pieces left over from Atlanta who appear to be part of a problem. Ladd. Buff. Toby. Stuart. Trade then if you can and do it now. We aren't contenders... we aren't a bubble team. Right now don't care what the record Is... we are the worst team in our division. Outscored like 30 13 in last 5 games. That's just awful and change needs to happen. Real change. Time to send a message that this isn't acceptable. Benching Chiarot or whoever doesn't send a message... trading buff Ladd or others does. Firing a coach sends the message that it's not the players that are the problem. It's time for a culture change and it begins with moving guys left over from Atlanta. Little and Wheeler are the only 2 I wouldn't consider moving cuz at least they show up and try on a consistent basis. What 5 or 6 of our wins are against the East? Couple losses too but 5 or 6 of our losses are against the Central and LA

How about we trade everyone for a new team. Yeesh so knee jerk around here.

I can see benching and change in practice and lines but to dump the full team is probably the dumnbesr thing I've read on here.

Nobody is suggesting trading the whole team, but there are 2 players on this team without contracts for next year, 2 core players at that who in one case is not performing and in another should not be playing defense. Then there are the players that just shouldn't be with the team at the moment, Petan needs to go the AHL and play 15-18 minutes a game and get stronger, Stuart needs to sit against speed team just doesn't have have quick feet and makes a least 2 dumb pinches a game, Chariot needs to go down to the AHL a work on a few things, and Postma is just rotting up in the press box. Nothing major is going to change this year i get it but it still doesn't hid the fact that this team has some serious holes and will never be a contender in it's current state.

Time for change. The core is rotten.

Trade Ladd. Buff. Enstrom. Stuart. Stafford (not core but 4.35 million of wasted space ) Burmi.

Send Chiarot and Postma to the Moose. Not a chance either get claimed

Or the Jets, like all teams throughout different points of the year, are going through some adversity right here right now.

Not all adversity calls for major change declaring our core is rotten.

We made the playoffs last year which would suggest building on what we have rather than dismantling and changing our identity. Patience. Yes if this continues to slide, change will be inevitable but there is merit in our coach having confidence in his existing players and believing they will correct this and finish strong to compensate for this stretch of losses we're incurring right now.

Not to mention the fact that we are trying to create an environment to attract players here. There are some that believe creating an environment where there's major shakeup every time a losing streak happens is not the greatest lure for some. Yes to clear accountability no to paranoia and fear. 

Just my 19 cents.

The team has demonstrated the ability to draft and develop good young players. However It has not been able to either acquire or show that it will spend to get a couple of top notch franchise players.

I can't see the Jets ever being in the position to sign a top notch free agent, just wont happen, if you polled all the players with ntc you'll probably find out that at least 90% have Winnipeg as a destination that they will not be traded to so to think a high priced free agent would come here at this moment is not in the cards. Draft and develop become a serious contender and maybe a good player may want to sign with us and win the Stanley Cup.

How many Chicken Littles are on here?

Too many to count.

Name me one D man that has played well or consistent this year.....I know, you can't. Charlie Huddy is not the problem.

If Myers had a mean streak, he would be a Norris candidate.......he doesn't.

If Buff played the way he did last year during the injuries, he would be a Norris candidate....he isn't.

Trouba, Enstrom and Stuart are playing horrible and Chiarot doesn't deserve to dress the way he is playing.

Ladd is hurt, Scheif is in a funk, we have a LOT of young players finding their way in the big league and our 4th line gets 5 minutes a game.

The only way to get better is to go back to the way they were playing last year and win the little battles first, then, go from there.

Trading players for the sake of a trade is a desperation move and I highly doubt Chevy will do it.