Game 18 : Jets @ Preds

I'm not too concerned with them bidding on high prices free agents. I'm fine with draft and develop. But I hope they are weary about giving second tier guys like Ladd elite level money because he's a "superstar" on the jets.

This is probably why he hasn't signed yet, also the way he is playing is not helping  

"Superstars" rarely to never make it to free agency. You have to draft them and hope they turn in to one.

As for this forum will turn after a couple wins.... I'm not sure about that. When was the last good 60 minutes the Jets have played. It's been a while. Quite a while. Hutch was the reason they beat the Blackhawks... Hawks outplayed them big time. The team has looked bad since their loss to the nyi... just got a couple wins because of good goaltending. Since losing to Montreal they have looked awful and have gotten worse. 7 0 is irrelevant... it's how they played that is concerning. Very little effort. 3 guys show up most games... little wheeler and Scheif... not gonna win with only 3 guys showing up. I'll throw in ehlers too... these 4 guys are trying night in night out... the rest tho look lost

I'm not gonna go after the rookies cuz quite frankly.... they aren't the problem. The entire D is the big problem and none of them are rookies. Ladd turning pucks over constantly... he's not a rookie. Stafford doing nothing the last several games... he's not a rookie.... Perreault even... not a rookie. The Jets have much bigger issues than Ehlers Petan and Copp who all actually look pretty good most nights... Petan with Scheifs and Wheeler last night looked real good in the third... that was the line creating chances or at least keeping the puck in Nashville Zone.

The Jets systems need to be tweaked as there PP is horrid and barely gets a shot on goal, there PK is way to passive with no net presence. The defensive play is all over the place with d men getting caught all the time, there goaltenders are ahl at best, but there is a small good nucleus on the team with Little, Wheeler, Scheifele, Coop,and Ehlers, Add Petan who is a year away ,Trouba once he gets he head in the game, Myers when he doesn't try to do things he can't ,and Perrault when his vision gets better, Everything is not doom and gloom but the chemistry on these team is not what we thought it was. Ladd and Buff i'll leave out of the equation for the moment because if they continue to lose the decision will be easy for Chevy.

"Superstars" rarely to never make it to free agency. You have to draft them and hope they turn in to one.

As for this forum will turn after a couple wins.... I'm not sure about that. When was the last good 60 minutes the Jets have played. It's been a while. Quite a while. Hutch was the reason they beat the Blackhawks... Hawks outplayed them big time. The team has looked bad since their loss to the nyi... just got a couple wins because of good goaltending. Since losing to Montreal they have looked awful and have gotten worse. 7 0 is irrelevant... it's how they played that is concerning. Very little effort. 3 guys show up most games... little wheeler and Scheif... not gonna win with only 3 guys showing up. I'll throw in ehlers too... these 4 guys are trying night in night out... the rest tho look lost

Honestly, I don't think they have played a full 60 minutes in any game this year.

Honestly, I don't think they have played a full 60 minutes in any game this year.

And that right there is the concerning part.

Too many guys playing shitty to be honest...in no order at all I think the following have underachieved this season...I think more was expected of them...The season is still young and there is lots of time to turn it around but I don't see a lot of signs pointing to it.

Ladd

Myers

Buff

Chiarot

Lowry

Burmi

Trouba

Perrault

Nope, he sure isn't and you are right....a LOT of Jets' players are not playing up to expectations. Mostly vets but Scheif and Trouba aren't doing themselves any favors in a contract year....ditto Lowry.

Not sure about Scheif....he started the year out playing like someone about to play a season on an up and coming elite player but that play has dropped off. I like his attitude and work habits but.....Like to see him between Ehlers on the LW and Wheeler on the RW.

Scheif seems to always generate opportunities.  I had him pegged as the scoring leader on the Jets this year.  Just seemed to finally click.  One of the media analysts compared him to Stamkos (!), cant remember which one.

Part of it might be Ehlers hitting about 3000 posts.  If half those go in, Scheif's numbers go up too.  Perreault seems to be having a down year. 

Then you've got Wheeler who is a force every shift.  Would like to see Wheeler with Scheif but putting all eggs in one basket.

Scheif seems to always generate opportunities.  I had him pegged as the scoring leader on the Jets this year. 

I feel bad, I thought Lowry be ahead of Schief this year. Forgot about the jinx.

I dont see Lowry being that type of player.  I think he maxes out as a shut down center.  Scheif *should* be out #1 center sooner or later which means among the top scorers on our team.

The problem is... Maurice doesn't treat the players equally, the rookies get a very very short leash, one mistake and they are on the bench or sitting... yet Stuart plays every game, Burmi has played every game,

Whats the solution tonight? Play Peluso.. Yup. 

That is not using the roster properly.. we have tons of skill but... instead of promoting the skill and seeing what happens, maurice promotes thorburn to the third line and peluso is gonna play tonight cuz hey, why try to play hockey when you can just take dumb penalties over and over and over with no consequences.

You can't sit them all right but...

Heres what i'd do..

Myers,Toby <-- they play well together

Buff,Chiarot <-- worked well last year

Trouba, Pardy <-- why not

Stu sits, consequences, a message needs to be sent that taking dumb penalties and playing like crap is unacceptable... 

Ladd,Little (why break those 2 up), Petan <-- why not, let the guy play with some skill guys

Ehlers,Scheif,Wheeler

Perreault,Lowry,Stafford <--- Playmaker Perreault with scorer Stafford and big bodied do all the dirty work Lowry

4th line is irrelevant but... Thorburn, Peluso and Burmi need to be benched to once again send a message that dumb play is not acceptable