Game 14 : Jets @ Sens

Jets at Ottawa.

Ottawa's home record? 1-3-2

The Jets could benefit on the power play.

Ottawa is the most penalized team in the League with an average of 13:24 in penalty time per game. They have been assessed 58 minor penalties, tied with the Jets for second-most in the League.

Craig Anderson will start in goal for the Senators. They will be without forward Mark Stone, who is serving the second game of a two-game suspension for an illegal check to the head of Detroit Red Wings forward Landon Ferraro on Oct. 31.

The Jets, who defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-2 on Wednesday, did not skate Thursday. Goaltender Ondrej Pavelec made 24 saves against the Maple Leafs. With the back-to-back situation there's a chance goaltender Michael Hutchinson will get the start against the Senators.

Winnipeg is playing the final game of a four-game Eastern road trip during which it has gone 2-1-0.

Coach Paul Maurice told the Jets website Thursday he wants his players to pick up where they left off against the Maple Leafs.

"We learned our game on the road last year in November," he said. "I just want to see us look tonight the way we did last night in a lot of our approach, then the outcomes of the games are going to fall the right way whether you're at home or on the road."

Maurice started at such a young age, has  been fired, hired, fired, hired, took off to the KHL, hired again. He's been around and he's not even that old actually. He's a good coach, not sure he's a great coach, I'm not sure he's a babcock quenville or hitchcock but he's in that next level for sure. 

Hutch made some HUGE saves to keep it tied.

Wow, Ehlers is a dangerous player out there every time the puck is on his stick. Ditto Wheeler.

I thought Little, Buff, Scheifele and Staf all played well. Overall, I've really liked Staf's game this year.

As for Maurice, he is the single biggest reason the Jets have improved their game since Noel left.

The jets probably played their best period of the year so far in the third. Play like that for 60 minutes and they win way more than they lose. 5 of 8 on the road trip but I'd say only 2 good periods in total. First vs CBJ. Last vs Ottawa. Jets need to pick it up soon cuz right now... they might be in the playoffs but if they keep playing only 1 good period every couple games... they won't be. Buff had his best game of the year. Trouba looks brutal tho... I wouldn't sign him to a long term deal just yet... maybe if he'd take the klefbolm deal tho... 7 years 28 million cuz he's regressed big time so far. His best year was his rookie year by far. You can get away playing bad against non playoff teams like cbj and Toronto and still win... you can't do it against the playoff contenders tho. Next week is huge... outside of Philly this Saturday.... road games vs Nashville St Louis Dallas Minny... can't play like they did the last 4 games and beat those teams

defence looked disorganized  at times, was one defenceman benched?

offence looked high powered at times.... some of the guys seem to be shooting right at the goalie sometimes

Buff......

It's so much fun watching that guy play, when he's on, He's the emperor of the ice.

looks like a lot of the teams are actually pretty even.....

and TSN radio and tv do a good job of covering the Jets games.

Need to get the Chipmans to take over the bombers.

offence looked high powered at times.... some of the guys seem to be shooting right at the goalie sometimes

Buff......

It's so much fun watching that guy play, when he's on, He's the emperor of the ice.

Get the province to forgive the loan and hand the Bombers to True North.  I'd be in favour.  But they wont take it with the debt.

Buff......

Yup...Chiarot...but who knows he could have been injured.