Game 10 : Blackhawks @ Jets

Oh hey... Congrats to the MOOSE, more like Congrats to Helle but... the Moose won their first game last night 3 2

Outshot pretty badly but... They won none the less, Jets future goaltending is in good hands..

Helle and Comries numbers are both unreal... it's actually hard to believe that that was their first win last night if you actually look at both Helle and Comries Numbers

Ridiculous GAA average and save percentages for both. 

Begs the question what do you do with Pav and or Hutch?

You sign Hutch, you trade or buyout Pav and you promote Helle to the big club, that's an off season thing tho.

Oh hey... Congrats to the MOOSE, more like Congrats to Helle but... the Moose won their first game last night 3 2

Outshot pretty badly but... They won none the less, Jets future goaltending is in good hands..

Helle and Comries numbers are both unreal... it's actually hard to believe that that was their first win last night if you actually look at both Helle and Comries Numbers

Ridiculous GAA average and save percentages for both. 

Begs the question what do you do with Pav and or Hutch?

You sign Hutch, you trade or buyout Pav and you promote Helle to the big club, that's an off season thing tho.

I posed that question in a thread (cant remember which one).  It was occuring to me too.  its early and Pavs and Hutch both had great stretches last season so you never know.

But Hutch is an RFA this season and will surely want a raise from his $575,000.  Im sure he will want a long term deal too.  Pavs has one more season at $3.9M and is then a UFA.  So there could be a big decision looming and probably one of them is traded.

1) who gets the most back in a trade

2) If we assume Helle is penciled in as the #2 next season, do you feel more comfortable with Pavs/Helle or Hutch/Halle.  I'd guess Hutch would come cheaper than Pavs and the benefit to re-signing him is you'd have a 3-5 year contract I'd assume and not have to worry about goaltending for a few years where as with Pavs he's a UFA after next season so he has more leverage.

Thoughts?

Hutch will get a raise but it won't be a massive one, 1.5 2 million per for 3 years would probably work for him, Jets are the team that gave him his chance, he seems like a high character guy... I'd sign him to a  3 year deal at between 1.5 and 2.5 million a year and go with Hutch Helle. 

Pav can  be bought out or traded, think he'd probably bring you more back anyway cuz he's more proven... 

Your AHL goalies then become Comrie and Phillips i'd imagine. 

Im not sure if Im comfortable enough with Hutch yet.  He seemed to wilt under increased work last season.  They could resign Hutch and go with the same combo next year with the intent to trade Pavs at the deadline or walk away at seasons end.  Probably nothing wrong with Helle getting another season with the Moose.

If we traded Pavs and went Hutch/Helle and there was an injury it means Comrie gets called up.  And then suddenly we're pretty young at goal.  Though it would be easy to sign a veteran to back up the Moose I suppose.

I have some attachment to Pavs in that he came here with the team.  I hope his time here doesnt just fade away.  But if they can trade him for something, then thats business.  He has a decent cap hit for a team wanting veteran back up for the playoffs either this year or next.  On the other hand, this year especially, we'd want the same thing!

MJHL is worth watching.  Basically a step down from the WHL.  Lots of Manitoba guys that couldn't quite make it in the WHL end up in the MJHL and some of the top players from Manitoba high school hockey as well, although most of them end up in the MMJHL.  I believe the eligible age for the MJHL is 17-20 whereas the WHL is 16-20 and the MMJHL is 17-21 with the stipulation that you can`t be a 21 year old rookie (to prevent WHL and MJHL over-age players from flooding the league after their final year).

The Steelers play in a nice facility.  The Blues of course play at the Iceplex in the main (Winnipeg Free Press) rink which is nice too but nothing like Selkirk's arena.