Flowing Water on Mars?

The Unknown Poster

Our crowning achievement should be not killing each other.

Mars is a waste of time and effort and money. We should focus on being better stewards of earth rather than defiling the universe.

But I understand mankind is doomed to pursue an endless lust for knowledge.

We should just stop learning??? I don't understand that POV.
Learning is nice, but have we really gotten anywhere with our expanded knowledge? New tech, same old evil.

I like indoor plumbing and electricity. I consider these to be good things.

I got tired of cooking 3 meals on an open fire everyday so I invented the stove. ****, I just killed my best friend when I clubbed him over the head with my axe when he looked a bit too longingly at my wife's legs. I shouldn't have done that. I know that now. I hope I remember that tomorrow next time I lose my temper. What a mess to clean up. 

So you're saying we should not explore the evidence of water until we have actually felt the water in our hands? I know thats not what you're saying, Im being facetious.

But this is how these guys make a living, using science and whatever else to come to conclusions about things they cant touch. They believe it to be water. Now we must go find out.

I remember when that meteorite was found years ago that contained a fossil of a microbe from Mars and it was MAJOR news. There were breaking news cut ins to live TV. President Clinton did a press conference.

This should immediately result in the government altering their 2020 Mars plan and sending a fully sterilized rover to the best spot to scoop up and "touch" water and test for life. In a perfect world, they'd make it a return mission and have samples sent back to Earth. No more *****-footing around.

No, no, I agree, I want more investigation. I'm just saying the "We found water!!!" proclamation could be a little premature. There is still enough doubt that one day we could hear the "Well there was a 99% chance the evidence indicated water was present, but here's why we misunderstood." Just a tad premature is all I'm saying. They haven't discovered water yet.

@HillaryClinton: .@NASA has found water on Mars. There is no limit to what we can discover when we explore, ask questions, and listen to science.

Hollow words. Her president grounded the manned space program. American astronauts have to use Russian rockets to get to the ISS. 

Thats the Democrat way. 

What's the Obama logic of flying a manned mission to an asteroid by 2025 (yeah, sure) instead of a manned mission to Mars, a planet that has been extensively explored by unmanned missions to the Red Planet? His administration cancelled or reduced budgets & thousands of engineers & scientists were laid off at NASA.  So how this supposed to somehow spur deep space missions to anywhere?

I don't recall the details but I seem to recall Bush giving a pretty enthusiastic speech calling for focus on getting back to moon, establishing bases and getting a man on Mars.

Now I cAnt say he funded it properly but he set an agenda for nasa. Obama scuttled it and called for private enterprise to do it.

I'm not partisan on this. Both sides have failed deeply at significantly advancing space exploration.

Man on Mars? Based on moon? It's simply a matter of money and desire. That's it. We could do it if we chose to.

• 1 month later...

Just watched on global news, they say mars looked like earth at one point (but the land kinda of orange instead of green) with oceans, but because of its size could not keep the internal heat like earth can,  lost its magnetic field and what atmosphere it had was released into space. Oceans dried up and eventually the planet became the parched red planet it is.   That being said, NASA is taking applications in a few weeks for the first man driven trip to mars to find out if life can still be had on it