Worst Backups in the league.

BomberFan

Marve has shown no ability so far to operate at the speed the CFL requires.

He spends WAY too long making his primary read.

This compounds, because it forces him to rush into the next read.

This compounds, because when he's rushed, he goes into survival mode.

This compounds, because when he goes into survival mode, he resorts to his comfort zone which is to freelance and run around.

Not to mention he throws the deep ball like he's throwing 50/50 jackpot balls on the schoolyard, he makes way too many poor decisions to throw across his body and he's inaccurate as hell.

Yet he's still far better than Brohm. That might be the scariest part about all of this.

Brohm isn't a solution to any of our problems, but him and Marve are two sides of the same shitty coin.

Why is Brohm still on the team? Can not Nichols or Davis hold the snaps on field goals and converts? Nothing personal I have against him, but he has no future with this team, does he?

I guess we might only get a look at the other QBs if and when all hope is lost for a playoff spot or when forced by injury.

And this is a good concept, no? You dont play Davis or Boyd just to get em reps even if playoffs are a pipedream..

If we are even remotely alive then we gotta roll with the starters barring injury.. IF Nichols goes down.. i would suggest Brohm still gives us our best chance initially but would hope the hook aint far away..

Brohm is still here because if Nichols goes down, there is an open field of seedlings very much in the early stages of growth. In other words, he is the only experienced, healthy guy we have. And no, he has no future here.

I hate to say it... but another reason he's still around is cuz Drew is likely not coming back this season... if they knew Drew was only a couple weeks away, that would essentially make Brohm a dead man walking... and borderline cruel to keep him around...

Brohm is still here because if Nichols goes down, there is an open field of seedlings very much in the early stages of growth. In other words, he is the only experienced, healthy guy we have. And no, he has no future here.

I hate to say it... but another reason he's still around is cuz Drew is likely not coming back this season... if they knew Drew was only a couple weeks away, that would essentially make Brohm a dead man walking... and borderline cruel to keep him around...

Cruel? I'm sure that Brohm wants to collect his last pro football paychecks for as long as he possibly can.

Cruel? I'm sure that Brohm wants to collect his last pro football paychecks for as long as he possibly can.

I just mean that theoretically he would be cut the second Willy is activated... so if Willy was actually going to be back soon, might as well release him and now and let him get on with his life/career...

You don't cut a QB until you know that you have another one ready to go.  That means that he's not going anywhere until Willy is back and ready to play.  O'Shea strikes me as the cautious sort who wouldn't want to be in a position where if Nichols went down, he'd be forced to start a raw rookie and have another one as backup.  I suppose that if Willy's not coming back this season, they might let Brohm go once we've been eliminated (again, sigh...) from the playoffs and start looking at the younger guys

When Willy's injury was announced, it was pretty clear that it would take a small miracle for him to return to the active roster this season, let alone be game-ready. It was borderline dishonest for the Bombers to pretend it was a realistic possibility. What you see behind center is what we got and will have this year.