Depth Chart vs Calgary

TrueBlue

Honestly, I'm not sure of some of the roster decisions, I don't get taking Collins out, but maybe Cole has shown well in practice and they want to give him a shot to see if he can take Peaches spot, Johnson obviously hasn't really worked out as a DE just yet, lots of hype for him going all the way back to Florida but really hasn't done much. Maybe Justin Cole comes in and makes an impact? Hard to say. Turner and Anderson for that matter played pretty well vs Toronto, Kept harris in check all game, not much O put up by the boatmen really, was a special teams error and fumble that really did us in. Gordon? I dunno, have only been to 1 game so far and he wasn't playing so i don't know what to think there but i like the idea of more speed on O, JFG, god love him and all  but... not the fastest guy out there, read something, not sure who said it, believe it was anon but... a CFL coach said bombers are easy to defend against because they lack team speed, Getting Moore,Denmark,Gordon and  Veltung out there at the same time might help that team speed out, Gordon hasn't done much really but then again, i don't know if he's getting open or not, maybe he is and  the QB just isn't looking his way, it's tough to tell when you aren't at the game. 

Simmons? I think he's being hyped up lots, Do i think he's good? Sure but.. he wasn't dressing with Calgary for a reason, maybe he's not as good as some make him out to be, i get that decision actually, he's learning a new D and yeah that takes some time... maybe he just hasn't impressed in practice even? I don't know. I don't think he's gonna be this game changing LB that some believe he will be, i think he's gonna struggle and i think that's why he wasn't dressing with Calgary... you also have to test him out a bit here, he left Calgary under not very good circumstances, will he react the same way to not playing this time? I think it's kind of a test to see how he reacts but more so i think he's just not ready to play yet... 

Peach? That's a Hall decision i'd imagine, Collins is a hall decision i'd imagine, Simmons probably is too. 

It's tough to say who makes the decisions tho, i'm not in the room, no idea... but, i would suspect that most of the D decisions are made by Hall, just like how last year they were made by Etch. 

Is cutting or sitting a player the only way to hold them accountable?

Would you say that Kuale last year was held accountable for all of his selfish undisciplined penalties? 

How should I know?  I'm not in the locker room.  However you've made it clear that you believe the only way to hold a player accountable is to bash them in the media, sit them, or cut them.  I disagree.

Considering that he continued to make the same mistakes over and over again and kept playing I don't think you can consider him being ''held accountable''. Look at how Bill Belichick runs things. He benched Wes Welker for the first Quarter of a playoff game. That's a coach who demands respect and accountability from his players.

The way O'Shea would talk about Kuale I wonder if he was really aware of how poorly he played. That might not make much sense so take it for what it's worth.  

Would you say that Kuale last year was held accountable for all of his selfish undisciplined penalties? 

How should I know?  I'm not in the locker room.  However you've made it clear that you believe the only way to hold a player accountable is to bash them in the media, sit them, or cut them.  I disagree.

Considering that he continued to make the same mistakes over and over again and kept playing I don't think you can consider him being ''held accountable''. Look at how Bill Belichick runs things. He benched Wes Welker for the first Quarter of a playoff game. That's a coach who demands respect and accountability from his players.

The way O'Shea would talk about Kuale I wonder if he was really aware of how poorly he played. That might not make much sense so take it for what it's worth.  

I think O'shea was well aware of Kuales stupidity and i think he's the type of coach that just won't throw his players under the  bus in public.. Sometimes, this forum makes me scratch my head at times and say to myself, guess mike kelly was actually right... Cuz Tim Burke did throw players under the bus and people  hated it, O'shea doesn't and people hate it. I dunno, I go back to Paul Maurice with the JETS, said what happens in the room stays in the room, i can make you fn cry in that room, i think O'shea is the same way, I think in that room he could make you fn cry, but outside of it, he's gonna defend those same players. I don't think theres anything wrong with that. Kuale? Well, he's not here anymore so i think that says just about everything we need to know about how the coaches actually viewed him. 

I think O'shea was well aware of Kuales stupidity and i think he's the type of coach that just won't throw his players under the  bus in public.. Sometimes, this forum makes me scratch my head at times and say to myself, guess mike kelly was actually right... Cuz Tim Burke did throw players under the bus and people  hated it, O'shea doesn't and people hate it. I dunno, I go back to Paul Maurice with the JETS, said what happens in the room stays in the room, i can make you fn cry in that room, i think O'shea is the same way, I think in that room he could make you fn cry, but outside of it, he's gonna defend those same players. I don't think theres anything wrong with that. Kuale? Well, he's not here anymore so i think that says just about everything we need to know about how the coaches actually viewed him. 

Kuale took snaps a way from Ian Wild last year.Just think about that for a minute. Words are just that words, you need to take action if you want someone to learn from their mistakes. Kuale shouldn't have even been on the roster. There's a reason he isn't in the league anymore, and there's no way he would've gotten the same leeway on any other team that her received here. Look at Ottawa cutting Brandon McDonald this week for being an idiot on the field, and he's actually a decent player.

Kuale isn't here anymore because of Hall, not O'Shea.

The reality is.. that's your opinion. I get that you like to think you are in the room, and you have all the answers but.. step back a bit and realize, you really don't know half as much as you pretend you do.  This isn't a shot at you, this goes for everybody really.. We aren't in the room, we don't know and honestly, you can quote steve morley all you want, it still means nothing. 

The reality is.. that's your opinion. I get that you like to think you are in the room, and you have all the answers but.. step back a bit and realize, you really don't know half as much as you pretend you do. This isn't a shot at you, this goes for everybody really.. We aren't in the room, we don't know and honestly, you can quote steve morley all you want, it still means nothing.

Well I do know. Because Hall cut Kuale in Sask and then the writing was on the wall when the Bombers hired Hall. I even suggested it to Kuale and he laughed. A week later Kuale was cut.

The reality is.. that's your opinion. I get that you like to think you are in the room, and you have all the answers but.. step back a bit and realize, you really don't know half as much as you pretend you do.  This isn't a shot at you, this goes for everybody really.. We aren't in the room, we don't know and honestly, you can quote steve morley all you want, it still means nothing. 

You are dead on when saying we are not in the room. The problem is we can only make a call on what we get to see during the game.  But I have to ask: If Kuale was being taken behind the wood shed during the week why was there not any markable differences from one week to the next? 

To be fair, it wasn't just O'Shea.

Do you feel he played like that for us?

But again, to be fair, This regime isn't the type to throw players under the bus in public. I'll be the first to admit, Kuale should have been sent packing, both for his on field and off field conduct, he was getting in to it with fans on twitter, k, i'm sure some of those fans egged him on, and honestly, i'll never get going on twitter and ripping athletes a new one but... the guy go in to it on twitter with fans and was a goof on the field... Yeah, they don't throw guys under the bus in public, who knows what they do behind the scenes but yeah...Kuale is a good example of a guy getting way too many chances... But let's not pretend that the bombers are the only team to give him chance after chance after chance either, other teams have done the same with Kuale too. 

But again, to be fair, This regime isn't the type to throw players under the bus in public. I'll be the first to admit, Kuale should have been sent packing, both for his on field and off field conduct, he was getting in to it with fans on twitter, k, i'm sure some of those fans egged him on, and honestly, i'll never get going on twitter and ripping athletes a new one but... the guy go in to it on twitter with fans and was a goof on the field... Yeah, they don't throw guys under the bus in public, who knows what they do behind the scenes but yeah...Kuale is a good example of a guy getting way too many chances... But let's not pretend that the bombers are the only team to give him chance after chance after chance either, other teams have done the same with Kuale too. 

I could care less about whether or not O'Shea criticized him in the media. What I would've liked to see is Kuale cut, or benched for a game or a quarter or the first series. Something to show that he has to change his behavior. 

I'll be honest, going on about Kuale, just seems well, it's kind of pointless as he's no longer here. Can we find any recent examples? Of guys who are actually still here?

Sure, let's talk about Troy Stoudermire in comparison to Justin Veltung.
Or starting Turner over Collins.

So, Kuale being cut is a Hall decision but Turner over Collins is an O'shea one? 

I'll be honest, going on about Kuale, just seems well, it's kind of pointless as he's no longer here. Can we find any recent examples? Of guys who are actually still here?

Or starting Turner over Collins.

So, Kuale being cut is a Hall decision but Turner over Collins is an O'shea one?
Not sure about the Turner/Collins decision.

Sure.

Kick Returns Veltung has a way better average... only 7 returns for him tho but for 201 yards or a 28.7 yard average as opposed to Stoudermire who has 18 returns for 379 yards or a 21.1 average. Yup Veltung is better there for sure, an it's not close

Punt Returns are a bit different story tho, they both aren't really lighting it up.. JV 9 returns for 73 yards or an 8.1 average. Stouds 27 for 214 or a 7.9 yard average

Got nothing to say about the Kick Returns, Veltung has done much better but Punt Returns being so close tells me, it's not so much the returner as it is the blocking. 

Do you feel he played like that for us?

Sadly, no. He was not the same player when he played for us. Had lost a step, I think. Teams had no problem running the ball straight down the gut. Kuale was always late with the hit and took way too many penalties followed by the chest pounding and macho stuff. O'Shea would defend him as being an intimidating force but I never understood why Kuale was allowed to do the things he did here.