When the Swagger is back

BigBlue

Well they damn near won the Grey Cup... It's not like it hindered their play on the field. That defence was awesome and kept us in a lot of games for a couple of years.

Ok, when they award the "damn near won the Grey Cup" Cup then swagger away, but somehow, I don't think that's going to happen

Again, I don't see how it hindered their play on the field. If anything they probably fed off that energy. I have never understood why people had a problem with Swaggerville.

Well they damn near won the Grey Cup... It's not like it hindered their play on the field. That defence was awesome and kept us in a lot of games for a couple of years.

Ok, when they award the "damn near won the Grey Cup" Cup then swagger away, but somehow, I don't think that's going to happen

Again, I don't see how it hindered their play on the field. If anything they probably fed off that energy. I have never understood why people had a problem with Swaggerville.

I think for the most part people loved it but like everything there's always 5 10 100 even 1000 people who don't. The vocal minority. Kind of like this forum. It's the vocal minority

Swag aka confidence really. I see no issues with players being confident in their abilities and having fun doing it. People can say what they want but that swaggerville D was fun to watch and they were Damn good and the only reason we actually made the grey cup.

It was pure arrogance coming from a team that underperformed for years & still does. Had one good season & they acted liked God's gift. Put together a winning team for at least more than one season, win a championship or two & then maybe they can talk Swaggerville & be taken seriously. I like aggressive, confident defenses & players like James West & Ty Jones. They had their own kind of swagger. You always knew they were on the field as they liked to talk. And they could back it all up as they won for years. Maybe it was good as a team concept in the beginning to bring the defensive players together as a unit but it did get out of hand.

Always thought Richard Harris told the d guys to play with Swag. Lenny Walls and Richard Harris may have been the actual guys to start it all tho. Just Jovon and the loud mouths really took it to another level. The swaggerville thing was cool for a while but then the media actually got out of control. The D was the only reason we made the grey cup that season. It was fun. It was fine with me but it did manage to get out of control. Not sure if was because of the players or the media tho. Playing with Swag or Confidence is good. I think those who might not have liked it. Well how do you say this. Let's just say I don't think the younger fans had much issue with it

Lenny Walls definitely started it but I think the coach that encouraged it was Mike Kelly:

The boss says he enjoys watching his secondary play.

"They've got a little swag to them and I don't have a problem with that because they've been backing up their swagger," said Kelly. "They're not fools about their swagger. When they make a good play, they certainly celebrate but they celebrate together. They're not individualistic in how they celebrate just to bring attention to themselves. I like the way they embrace one another when one of them makes a good play."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/swaggervilles-so-sweet-67151407.html

I always thought it was a bad idea. Teams make a big effort not to give their opponents bulletin board material for their locker rooms. IMO the whole swaggerville business was like putting a target on the back of every Bomber defensive player.

It wasn't just Odell.. Jovon was among them with titles.

Didn't Barron Simpson have a title also.

Barrin wasn't here during that time....but he was The Minister Of Defence on account of his religious affiliations......

It wasn't just Odell.. Jovon was among them with titles.

Didn't Barron Simpson have a title also.

Barrin wasn't here during that time....but he was The Minister Of Defence on account of his religious affiliations......

That's right now I remember. Fans here called him that when he came to play here at end of his career. The Riders have been assisting aging players in getting a couple more years pay for quite some time now.