Troy Stoudermire out 3-6 weeks with broken hand

Tim Brown is stil available ;)

Good call.  I think if we signed him now his contract would be guaranteed for the season.  So maybe the Bombers give him a look once the season starts, if Stoudermire's injury lingers and if none of the in house guys look good...

Good call. I think if we signed him now his contract would be guaranteed for the season. So maybe the Bombers give him a look once the season starts, if Stoudermire's injury lingers and if none of the in house guys look good...

What?

Players on the roster to start the season get some type of guarantee. That's why teams often sign guys right after the season has started. I believe Romby Bryant was an example of this last year.

Good call. I think if we signed him now his contract would be guaranteed for the season. So maybe the Bombers give him a look once the season starts, if Stoudermire's injury lingers and if none of the in house guys look good...

What?

Players on the roster to start the season get some type of guarantee. That's why teams often sign guys right after the season has started. I believe Romby Bryant was an example of this last year.

Some guys have roster bonuses, but nobody's contract is guaranteed until after the 9th game.  They get paid per game if on active, reserve or injured list, so teams might time signing guys in a way to avoid paying them a game cheque in-season.

What?

Some guys have roster bonuses, but nobody's contract is guaranteed until after the 9th game. They get paid per game if on active, reserve or injured list, so teams might time signing guys in a way to avoid paying them a game cheque in-season.

Why did the Bombers wait until after the season officially started last season to sign Romby Bryant? It was contract related.

Good call.  I think if we signed him now his contract would be guaranteed for the season.  So maybe the Bombers give him a look once the season starts, if Stoudermire's injury lingers and if none of the in house guys look good...

I have to believe with the talent the Bombers brought to camp this year a replacement player is already in house.  If they have to use a player heading for the PR to temporarily hold the position until Stoudermire returns it's not the end of the world. Anyone know if Reaves was given a look at this position?

I have to believe with the talent the Bombers brought to camp this year a replacement player is already in house. If they have to use a player heading for the PR to temporarily hold the position until Stoudermire returns it's not the end of the world. Anyone know if Reaves was given a look at this position?

Haven't seen him practice returns at the practices I've been to.

What?

Some guys have roster bonuses, but nobody's contract is guaranteed until after the 9th game. They get paid per game if on active, reserve or injured list, so teams might time signing guys in a way to avoid paying them a game cheque in-season.

Why did the Bombers wait until after the season officially started last season to sign Romby Bryant? It was contract related.

Yeah it was contract related as in he was under contract to the Argos. Bryant was one of the last cuts from the Argos TC and then signed with the Bombers less than a week later.

What?

Yeah it was contract related as in he was under contract to the Argos. Bryant was one of the last cuts from the Argos TC and then signed with the Bombers less than a week later.

No that wasn't it at all. Argos cut Bryant. We then brought him in for a tryout/look, but I recall Oshea saying we wouldn't officially sign him until after the season begun.

What?

No that wasn't it at all. Argos cut Bryant. We then brought him in for a tryout/look, but I recall Oshea saying we wouldn't officially sign him until after the season begun.
Link?

What?

Link?
There may be a link but I don't have it. I recall him saying that on the CJOB coach's show at the time.

What?
Link?

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/veteran-receiver-romby-bryant-among-14-cuts-by-argos-1.1880721

What?
Link?

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/veteran-receiver-romby-bryant-among-14-cuts-by-argos-1.1880721

So the Coles notes version is that the Argo's cut him on June 22, the Bombers confirmed they were bringing him in for a look on June 24th and the season started on June 26th.

Add this quote from O'Shea, and I'd say it had more to do with timing than contract issues.  There just simply wasn't enough time to work him out and figure out if he's still good enough to play before the season started.

“He’s an extremely professional football player,” O’Shea said. “He will work extremely hard. And people will possibly question his age. If he shows he’s just as fast and can get off the jams like he’s been doing, and all reports say he still can, then we’ll have to consider where he fits. But he’s certainly somebody we’re going to be interested in.”

I have to believe with the talent the Bombers brought to camp this year a replacement player is already in house. If they have to use a player heading for the PR to temporarily hold the position until Stoudermire returns it's not the end of the world. Anyone know if Reaves was given a look at this position?

Haven't seen him practice returns at the practices I've been to.

The guy cant really catch a football constinley yet in the pass game ,no chance we let him try to catch one in the kicking game