IceCaps' new name, logo to be unveiled Monday

Ive always liked the logo.  A bit cartoony for the NHL but perfect for the AHL and surely a hit with kids.  But the logo looks odd on the jersey.  maybe it's just the colour scheme and looking so different but the moose looks off-center or something. 

Great day for Winnipeg hockey though.  Who would have thought we'd have two teams.

Only question remaining is, how will ticket sales be?  I stand by my prediction that sales were surprise people for how many go.

Evidently, prices are cheaper than Moose 1.0.  Very interesting.

The Jerseys look sweet for sure. Tickets are cheaper than the previous moose teams tickets. 15 bucks a game. I won't be buying seasons but at 15-25 bucks a game, I'll definitely go check out some games. Great day really. Was hoping they would maybe change the name but... it is what it is and I think the logo and jerseys are pretty damn sweet looking. 

I really think the Moose will benefit from "hockey fever".  There are probably a lot of fans like me that loved Jets 1.0 but could never embrace the Moose.  And now we can fully embrace them and treat the franchise with the reverence it deserves in helping bring the NHL back. 

When you consider the 8000 fans on the Jets wait list who might be interested in seeing the AHL and all the people priced out of the NHL, there should be no shortage of interested ticket buyers.

The way i see it, it's just another option to go do something in the Winter time really. Not a big bar fan, do go out to restaraunts and lounges occasionally but not often now that there is a little one around, Moose games? Why not, probably be more of a family friendly atmosphere too. Don't get me wrong, will still go to every JETS game that i possibly can but... to take the girl and the little lady to a moose game? 45 bucks or so? That's a pretty sweet deal, heck probably 30 cuz doubt the little one would even need a  seat of her own. A night of entertainment for the whole family for less than 50 bucks? I'm in. 

When the Moose were here last time there wasn't NHL to compete with entertainment dollar. They know there will be a core base that won't buy season tickets to both. Making it cheaper makes sense.

Also, I'm sure they are happy if the Moose break even and aren't losing money. Last time they needed to turn a profit.

Makes you wonder if True North was worried about ticket sales in this market with this pricing.  or if they project higher sales and thus can have lower prices.

Under it's previous existence, the Moose had to account for both the fixed and variable costs when setting prices.  With the Jets already here, many of those fixed costs are already covered in those margins.  I'm not saying this is how they will approach it for accounting purposes, but wherever they put the numbers on whichever income statement, there will still be money to be made at these reduced prices.

The way i see it, it's just another option to go do something in the Winter time really. Not a big bar fan, do go out to restaraunts and lounges occasionally but not often now that there is a little one around, Moose games? Why not, probably be more of a family friendly atmosphere too. Don't get me wrong, will still go to every JETS game that i possibly can but... to take the girl and the little lady to a moose game? 45 bucks or so? That's a pretty sweet deal, heck probably 30 cuz doubt the little one would even need a  seat of her own. A night of entertainment for the whole family for less than 50 bucks? I'm in. 

You'll probably have to shell out a few more bucks for what should be a new best seller for snacks…..the Manitoba Mousse - 

chocolate-mousse.main_.jpg……….and in the shape of hockey pucks……Chocolate-Mousse-Torte_sm.jpg...….Yum!

The Colors couldn't be the same as before, They are the Jets farm team so obviously the colors are going to be that of the JETS. The Logo is pretty cool, a pissed off Moose, The Jerseys look pretty decent, maybe wish they still used the number format the old moose used but still, it makes sense. Also there is some speculation and rumors going around that as part of the renos to MTS centre this off-season/summer, the seats are also going to be changing colors to what  you see in the color scheme, Blue,darker blue, silver/white ish... 

I like the Colors here, it's Jets colors. Most AHL teams/ALL AHL teams really wear the colors of the big club.

The Colors couldn't be the same as before, They are the Jets farm team so obviously the colors are going to be that of the JETS. The Logo is pretty cool, a pissed off Moose, The Jerseys look pretty decent, maybe wish they still used the number format the old moose used but still, it makes sense. Also there is some speculation and rumors going around that as part of the renos to MTS centre this off-season/summer, the seats are also going to be changing colors to what  you see in the color scheme, Blue,darker blue, silver/white ish... 

I like the Colors here, it's Jets colors. Most AHL teams/ALL AHL teams really wear the colors of the big club.

Im glad the Moose 1.0 werent the colour scheme of the Canucks!

I was going to speculate about seat colour.  They are still the Moose green?

I was going to speculate about seat colour.  They are still the Moose green?

The Colors couldn't be the same as before, They are the Jets farm team so obviously the colors are going to be that of the JETS.

^ This! Not every farm team has the same colours/unis as the parent club.

that's interesting, 'cause I know that in the Saddledome, anyhow, it's an independant company that runs the concessions and they charge the same no matter the event. $7 chicken fingers and fries...best deal goin'....