Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

30 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Whose still in to Marvel post Endgame?

*Who's 

And I'm taking a wait and see approach. I was primarily in it for the Cap movies, and Iron Man secondarily, soooo........ya, we'll see. It seems like the next gen Marvel stuff is going to be really space and aliens based, so that takes me out in a hurry...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

*Who's 

And I'm taking a wait and see approach. I was primarily in it for the Cap movies, and Iron Man secondarily, soooo........ya, we'll see. It seems like the next gen Marvel stuff is going to be really space and aliens based, so that takes me out in a hurry...

Not to mention how much is going to be on Disney+.

9adid.jpg

https://www.thewrap.com/sopranos-many-saints-newark-will-smith-king-richard/

“The Many Saints of Newark” will now open March 12, 2021 from its original September 2020 release, and “King Richard” will move back almost a full year to November 19, 2021.

“The Batman” will now open on October 1, 2021, moving back four months. The untitled Elvis biopic from director Baz Luhrmann and starring Tom Hanks is moving back a month to Nov. 5, 2021. “The Flash” will now open June 3, 2022, a month earlier than planned, and “Shazam 2!”  is shifting to Nov. 4, 2022 from an April 2022 release date.

Man...I need me some Sopranos!   First I'd heard of the Elvis biopic, but super intrigued!

Just now, Tracker said:

Hmmm....i wonder if they will reference Elvis's pedophilia, drug abuse and mommy issues.

Well she was 14 when she met Elvis so I'd assume the age difference will come up.  And he died of drugs so surely that has to come up.  And he loved his momma so Im betting that come sup too (especially as they cast a great actress in the role).  In regards to the young girls, they may play it off as more the times.  Elvis was 24 and I am going to take a guess that that age difference wasnt unheard of, especially in the south.

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well she was 14 when she met Elvis so I'd assume the age difference will come up.  And he died of drugs so surely that has to come up.  And he loved his momma so Im betting that come sup too (especially as they cast a great actress in the role).  In regards to the young girls, they may play it off as more the times.  Elvis was 24 and I am going to take a guess that that age difference wasnt unheard of, especially in the south.

look at Jerry Lee Lewis...... it was ****** up, but it happened a lot in the south. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I knew about the Elvis thing because when Hanks was diagnosed with COVID, he was in Australia filming it, so there was tons of buzz all over about him playing Parker in this thing. 

Wonder why they shooting down under.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

look at Jerry Lee Lewis...... it was ****** up, but it happened a lot in the south. 

Tru dat.

So AMC is apparently never going to show any Universal movies in the future because they put Trolls on VOD!   AMC is also on the edge of bankruptcy.... this reminds me of  Blockbuster.  

I can't remember the numbers and am to lazy to find the article but I believe Universal made as much money on VOD in the first 3 weeks of Trolls World Tour compared to what they made after 5 months of the first being in the theatre. 

35 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So AMC is apparently never going to show any Universal movies in the future because they put Trolls on VOD!   AMC is also on the edge of bankruptcy.... this reminds me of  Blockbuster.  

I can't remember the numbers and am to lazy to find the article but I believe Universal made as much money on VOD in the first 3 weeks of Trolls World Tour compared to what they made after 5 months of the first being in the theatre. 

Thats interesting.  If studios can make as much money releasing films straight to streaming or VOD, it changes the game.  I wonder if the numbers hold up though.  Like, Trolls WOULD get VOD money later, so will that money be less and how much.  

I would hate to lose the theatre experience altogether.  I think the future might be the VIP experience.  Grant Park is a friggen joy to watch a movie in.  Best theatre in town and sold out for all new releases for quite awhile.  has to be a cash cow.

https://www.ign.com/articles/amc-theaters-refuses-to-play-universal-movies-once-theaters-reopen

Is the article I read....  80% cut compared to 50% at the theatre.   I know every studio is not the same and every chain charges a different rate. I know back in the day they also had different deals so for example the big Pixar movies the studios would get 100% of the tickets for the first month and this was why they pushed concession prices up and had special combos featuring the disney characters etc... 

I'm sure the lockdown is a factor... but when it comes to the main cartoon movies... parents will go or rent regardless if it's in the theatre or at home.  

I remember a long time ago reading about why they made direct to DVD movies .... it was very low risk and high profitability.   I think moving forward the blockbusters will be in the theatre and all small and mid tier movies will be VOD. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I can believe this. Not a chance in hell I would have taken my kids to see this in theatre. But to rent it at home where I can bugger off and do what I need to while the kids watch it...sure.

Edited by Bigblue204

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/amc-theaters-refuses-to-play-universal-movies-once-theaters-reopen

Is the article I read....  80% cut compared to 50% at the theatre.   I know every studio is not the same and every chain charges a different rate. I know back in the day they also had different deals so for example the big Pixar movies the studios would get 100% of the tickets for the first month and this was why they pushed concession prices up and had special combos featuring the disney characters etc... 

I'm sure the lockdown is a factor... but when it comes to the main cartoon movies... parents will go or rent regardless if it's in the theatre or at home.  

I remember a long time ago reading about why they made direct to DVD movies .... it was very low risk and high profitability.   I think moving forward the blockbusters will be in the theatre and all small and mid tier movies will be VOD. 

Yeah I thought the first few weeks, most of the money went to the studios and it was a sliding scale the longer the film played.  Theatre's relied on concessions mostly which is why they're so expensive (another reason to love Grant Park which has cheaper concessions and larger drinks).

I could see drive ins return.  If our drive in was still open, how easy would it have been for a major studio to send newer releases there.  Lot of fun going to the drive in on a nice summers night.

So maybe Im just bored but I was thinking about the Sopranos movie.  Anyone else here a huge Sopranos fan?  Allegedly the plot relates to the 1967 riots.  But Tony was born in 59.  So how is that possible when clearly he's late teens to early 20's in the film?  Which would push the time frame close to 1980 which actually sounds more interesting (Tony's rise happened in the 80's as I recall).

Just look at this cast:

Tony Soprano:  Michael Gandolfini

Alessandro Nivola: Dickie Moltisanti (Christopher's father)

Fera Varmiga: Livia Soprano

Jon Bernthal: Johnny Boy Soprano

Cary Stoll: Reportedly as Junior Soprano

Ray Liotta: Unconfirmed but I wonder if it's Old Man Dimeo, the family boss who was in prison at the start of the series and soon forgotten about

John Magaro: Silvio Dante

Billy Magnussen: Paulie Walnuts

I have this crazy hope that the film is so successful it either spawns a series of films or, better yet, a new HBO series.

On 2020-05-01 at 10:58 PM, Tiny759 said:

Not an upcoming movie, but does anybody have some good horror movie recommendations? Looking for something to watch late at night.

Get Out was really unexpected and well done.  Though you likely saw it as it was a big film (or rather, it became big with word of mouth).  I also really enjoyed Cabin in the Woods, a bit of a Wes Craven-esque twist on traditional horror films (ie. self aware, but with a twist).  And Bradley Whitford is in it and he's always awesome. 

EDITL Whitford is actually in BOTH those films I mentioned...lol  Also Alison Williams is in Get Out and she's....at the risk of diminishing her acting talents, she's nice to watch.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Get Out was really unexpected and well done.  Though you likely saw it as it was a big film (or rather, it became big with word of mouth).  I also really enjoyed Cabin in the Woods, a bit of a Wes Craven-esque twist on traditional horror films (ie. self aware, but with a twist).  And Bradley Whitford is in it and he's always awesome. 

EDITL Whitford is actually in BOTH those films I mentioned...lol  Also Alison Williams is in Get Out and she's....at the risk of diminishing her acting talents, she's nice to watch.

I’ll give cabin in the woods a try