Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

https://lrmonline.com/news/star-wars-rumor-obi-wan-movie-will-be-direct-to-disneys-streaming-service-and-stephen-daldry-has-left-project/

Rumour is that the Obi-Wan film would would be straight for Disney Streaming and not released to theatres.  On one hand, thats crazy (the film has the best chance to make $1 billion+) but if a Disney Streaming service wants to rival Netflix as soon as possible, thats a way to do it.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

https://lrmonline.com/news/star-wars-rumor-obi-wan-movie-will-be-direct-to-disneys-streaming-service-and-stephen-daldry-has-left-project/

Rumour is that the Obi-Wan film would would be straight for Disney Streaming and not released to theatres.  On one hand, thats crazy (the film has the best chance to make $1 billion+) but if a Disney Streaming service wants to rival Netflix as soon as possible, thats a way to do it. 

Seems so risky... also boo because I like watching Star Wars and most action movies on the big screen.    

Just now, Brandon said:

Seems so risky... also boo because I like watching Star Wars and most action movies on the big screen.    

There is also a rumor Obi Wan would appear in Star Wars 9, which makes sense to me,  Depending on how far along the development process is, they could combine Ewen's filming for 9 with his own film.

Going straight to streaming seems crazy, but if Netflix has 100 million subscribers and you want to compete immediately, there is probably no better way.

31 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There is also a rumor Obi Wan would appear in Star Wars 9, which makes sense to me,  Depending on how far along the development process is, they could combine Ewen's filming for 9 with his own film.

Going straight to streaming seems crazy, but if Netflix has 100 million subscribers and you want to compete immediately, there is probably no better way.

I agree with you totally. Best way to get some great content out to contend with Netflix.  

Although, I totally get where @Brandon is coming from- Obi Wan straight to streaming on the small screen would not be my first choice to watch a Star Wars movie. 

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I agree with you totally. Best way to get some great content out to contend with Netflix.  

Although, I totally get where @Brandon is coming from- Obi Wan straight to streaming on the small screen would not be my first choice to watch a Star Wars movie. 

Maybe a limited release where they know not everyone will get to see it, followed by exclusively on Disney stream.  The hardcore fanboys will lose their minds if they cant see it on the big screen and I agree, I'd want to as well.  If you do a limited release, surely it would end up on the most screens of all time and drive a massive record for opening day/weekend/week sales and then still push huge numbers for the subscription service.

Although, isnt everyone going to subscribe anyway?  The earlier rumor that Solo's under-performance confounded LucasFilm and Disney had cancelled pending anthology films has been disputed.  The concept of the streaming service supports the fact that Disney wants as many Star Wars films as possible for exclusive content.  Solo might have told them that they cant slap "Star Wars" on a crappy film and expect a billion dollars though.

If Netflix can get that big with exclusive Adam Sandler movies....  I'm pretty sure Disney does not need to blow the wad with a Star Wars movie.    Make the next Frozen on the streaming service and it'll probably draw in even more customers...

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Good article.  I liked T3 but it hinted at things it never delivered on, like Arnold's Terminator being the same one from T2 (he seemed to have learned things John taught him in T2).

Nothing of value from Genesis though other then the cool way they re-visited scenes from the first film.  But without Robert Patrick, it was a fail (and to a less extent Bill Paxton)

On 2018-06-25 at 2:09 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Speaking of Netflix, TLJ is now on it. No fanboyz cut yet :D