Interesting QB stats from last week....

Brandon

18/30 241 yards 1 td - 2 int

18/32 250 yards 2 td - 0 int

12/30 147 yards 0 td - 2 int

16/28 223 yards 1 td - 3 int

4 qbs who played this week.... which one had the best completion % and nearly the most yards.....   

He did way more then someone else making his CFL debut despite that guy being in the league for 3 years and backing up a legend that he could of learned lots from.... 

He had better stats then an all star QB with a fantastic o line and great rb...

Almost had as good as stats as a guy in Saskatchewan who is playing behind a way better o line with much better talent at receiver.....

Perhaps Max didn't do as bad as some people made him out to be.....even with the noodle arm he still managed to top Lulay, Durant , Niesomethingwander.....

I think he was just trying to show that in his first start Hall had the same kind of night that some established QB's had. I was actually thinking about this when Lulay threw that terrible interception near the end at the Calgary one yard line. Awful throw from a great QB. Maybe lets cut our boys some slack, no matter who's at QB.

The only thing interesting about the thread is that 4, not 8 QB's were included to skew the originating poster's point.

So you don't think Max Hall having similar and also better stats then Durant and Lulay isn't something to take note of?   Same goes with comparing him with another qb who was playing his first CFL game ever?

The only thing interesting about the thread is that 4, not 8 QB's were included to skew the originating poster's point.

So you don't think Max Hall having similar and also better stats then Durant and Lulay isn't something to take note of?   Same goes with comparing him with another qb who was playing his first CFL game ever?

Still.  Not trying to take anything away from Hall but he played against the worst defence (next to us).  Goltz had better stats against BC who has a better defence. 

In all honestly we can complain about each and every QB and who we should have and who we missed out on but the reality is we will never know which QB could have/should have been because of the poor coaching and play calling all these years.  What's to say keeping Glenn through all of these different OCs and management changes would have made us any better?  He struggled in Hamilton and had his ups and downs just like the other QBs did in Hamilton until Cortez took Burris and turned the offence around.  Look what Cortez is now doing with Durant.  How about JC in BC and how he runs his offence and Lulay.  Do you honestly think Lulay would put up great numbers in Winnipeg???  I believe Hall and Goltz could be successful but until we change our system around they will likely always put up mediocre numbers.  Maybe MB turns this thing around maybe it's just a stop gap until we can find someone better. 

It's really tough to assess either of our backup QB's, because of the fact they were operating within a Crowton Offence. I am leaving Buck out because he has not been good through more than Crowton. I'd really like to see both of them perform in a Dave Dickinson offence.

I liked this piece from CFL.ca

http://cfl.ca/article/steinbergs-mmqb-the-gap-widens-in-week-8

Fellow BYU alum Ben Cahoon said Hall threw a “catchable ball” prior to his CFL starting debut on Friday night, and that’s exactly what I saw from him.  He put good touch on short passes and lead receivers when trying to stretch the field horizontally.  When the Bombers wanted to stretch the field the other way, Hall had the arm to get the job doneYes, I know he threw two picks and made some bad decisions, but that’s to be expected.  What separated his outing from Neiswander’s was the subtle things. He wasn’t trying to throw balls through his receivers, and he had a good vision of the field and put balls in good seams the majority of the time.  I would like to see Hall get another shot in week nine when the Bombers contest their return matchup with Hamilton.  It may not be up to him, however.

It will really be telling this offseason, to see how the QB musical chairs affects our ability to convince new QBs to come here?

Would you sign on somewhere that you would never be given a proper chance to succeed or even prove what you can do?  I certainly would not.

I would extend that really to any and all free agents the Bombers end up courting.  Winnipeg isn't exactly an ideal landing spot right now .. no continuity from a coaching standpoint, no stability from an organizational standpoint and no real direction or identity.  We're Hamilton circa 2005-2008.

Thought Hall played decently and was expecting him to get another start, that being said, I really hope we're seriously not comparing Hall to Durant and Lulay already.

If so........

tumblr_mmewe9QrXF1s5ry43o1_500.gif

Thought Hall played decently and was expecting him to get another start, that being said, I really hope we're seriously not comparing Hall to Durant and Lulay already.

If so........

Lol  people are very testy on here ,  it's almost as bad as during the Kelly years where people over exaggerate or derail threads or go on wild tangents for no reason at all...

All I was suggesting was that Hall wasn't the worst qb out on the field this last week.   While I am critical of his throwing arm and still have my doubts on it (looks weak)   looking back his play was better then some well established stars in the league.  

People around here (ISO / UNKNOWN POSTER /  CURT HENNIG FROM HIS GRAVE )   made it seem like Hall was a complete waste of skin and that Goltz was equally as terrible... when in fact they weren't that bad considering they have barely any on the field CFL experience.   

The point of this thread was to show Hall actually had decent numbers and their were much worst qbs this week.   

The simple facts are that Hall was really good in the first half of the game and not so much in the 2nd half. Which one is the real deal? If it's the guy from the first half then we got something there. 

And this is why it's fantastic that he gets the Start and the play time.....  how can we evaluate him (and Goltz) if the club wastes time with Pierce taking the snaps.

If so........

Lol  people are very testy on here ,  it's almost as bad as during the Kelly years where people over exaggerate or derail threads or go on wild tangents for no reason at all...

All I was suggesting was that Hall wasn't the worst qb out on the field this last week.   While I am critical of his throwing arm and still have my doubts on it (looks weak)   looking back his play was better then some well established stars in the league.  

People around here (ISO / UNKNOWN POSTER /  CURT HENNIG FROM HIS GRAVE )   made it seem like Hall was a complete waste of skin and that Goltz was equally as terrible... when in fact they weren't that bad considering they have barely any on the field CFL experience.   

The point of this thread was to show Hall actually had decent numbers and their were much worst qbs this week.   

When did I say Hall was a complete waste of skin? Never ONCE did I say that. I happen to like the guy. So speak for yourself & nobody else if you're that clueless..