Two ex Bombers factor BIG in NFC championship game

IC Khari

On the final interception I do not know if Chris Matthews was even on the field. He had a fabulous game with four catches for over 100 yards and two touchdowns. If they had of thrown that final pass to Matthews on the same call, I believe he was big enough that the defender would not have been able to reach around him and make the interception. There was a bit of a collision as they both went for the ball at once. The defender would've bounced off of Chris Matthews like a pinball ... Seattle touchdown, end of story.

Two rookies who hardly played all year were big impact players. Kudos to the Pats and boo-hoo to the Seahawks for not putting more faith (in Seattle's case as opposed to New England) for not giving the hot rookie a bigger role in that final drive. Matthews saved Seattle's butt with the onside kick recovery in the conference championship.

I expect Matthews will turn into a star for the Seahawks next year. His Star performance in the Super Bowl and a catch on the final offensive play would've made this "unknown" the Super Bowl MVP.

As delightful as Chris Matthews was in the last two games, yesterday's Patriots victory was the first time since the Blue Bombers 1990 Grey Cup victory that "my team" has won a bowl game. I am dancing on air...

By the way, the infamous call to throw the ball on second down may have been in large part inspired by the way the Seahawks use their final time outs. They used one or two on the final drive before they got to the goal line and consequently had only one left.

So they could pass immediately and if unsuccessful then run on third down; if the run was stuffed they can use a final timeout to run a fourth-down play.

If Seattle had of had two or three timeouts left, I am certain they would have run for that final yard on second, third and fourth down.

On the final interception I do not know if Chris Matthews was even on the field. He had a fabulous game with four catches for over 100 yards and two touchdowns. If they had of thrown that final pass to Matthews on the same call, I believe he was big enough that the defender would not have been able to reach around him and make the interception. There was a bit of a collision as they both went for the ball at once. The defender would've bounced off of Chris Matthews like a pinball ... Seattle touchdown, end of story.

Two rookies who hardly played all year were big impact players. Kudos to the Pats and boo-hoo to the Seahawks for not putting more faith (in Seattle's case as opposed to New England) for not giving the hot rookie a bigger role in that final drive. Matthews saved Seattle's butt with the onside kick recovery in the conference championship.

I expect Matthews will turn into a star for the Seahawks next year. His Star performance in the Super Bowl and a catch on the final offensive play would've made this "unknown" the Super Bowl MVP.

As delightful as Chris Matthews was in the last two games, yesterday's Patriots victory was the first time since the Blue Bombers 1990 Grey Cup victory that "my team" has won a bowl game. I am dancing on air...

Matthews only had one touchdown. 

By the way, the infamous call to throw the ball on second down may have been in large part inspired by the way the Seahawks use their final time outs. They used one or two on the final drive before they got to the goal line and consequently had only one left.

So they could pass immediately and if unsuccessful then run on third down; if the run was stuffed they can use a final timeout to run a fourth-down play.

If Seattle had of had two or three timeouts left, I am certain they would have run for that final yard on second, third and fourth down.

The same could be said by running on 2nd down, using the timeout, throwing on 3rd to leave time for a 4th down if necessary.

@garylawless: former #bombers WR Chris Matthews after @SuperBowl “Canada treated me right. I have great love for Canada. For all those that helped me."

@ArashMadani: Chris Matthews last night gave a shout out to #Bombers WR coach Markus Howell for helping him on his pro football journey. #CFL

Darren Cameron @Darren_Cameron 4h4 hours ago

Not a huge deal, but have read multiple stories saying we released @TheRealCMaTT13. Incorrect. He went to FA w intentions on NFL workouts.

We kept close tabs on him through 2014 & are real happy for him. He was never, ever, out of our plans if he wanted to be back in CFL.

Real happy for him.... Waited for his chance and took advantage on the biggest stage in sports. Guys like that deserve it all.

Good for him.  I always love seeing Bombers and CFLers in general go down south and succeed.

Having guys like Matthews and Muamba would be huge for the Blue roster, but they've managed to stick down there and are making big bucks now.  Not all are able to crack NFL rosters so it's nice to see our boys get their break.

Wasn't sure if Matthews would do it.  I, like everyone, figured he was as good as gone in his rookie season but as time passed I felt more and more that he was far from a sure thing.  Glad to see him get the opportunity.

Would suck to lose him, but I hope the same for Ian Wild. Hell of a football player.

Good for him. I always love seeing Bombers and CFLers in general go down south and succeed.

Having guys like Matthews and Muamba would be huge for the Blue roster, but they've managed to stick down there and are making big bucks now. Not all are able to crack NFL rosters so it's nice to see our boys get their break.

Wasn't sure if Matthews would do it. I, like everyone, figured he was as good as gone in his rookie season but as time passed I felt more and more that he was far from a sure thing. Glad to see him get the opportunity.

Would suck to lose him, but I hope the same for Ian Wild. Hell of a football player.

Yup, well said. It's a catch 22 cuz we would love to have them but cannot wish them Ill will or fault them for chasing their dreams..