Target closing across Canada

Brandon

The one by Polo, rumor has it, it will be an outlet type of mall, similar to what they are putting up near the seasons of tuxedo. Swear i read on twitter or even the paper that a client (fashion industry) (or even multiple fashion industry "stores" ) are taking that one over. 

What a case of mismanagement here. Billions of dollars lost because they didn't understand the market they were coming into and didn't put enough planning in place to ensure their launch was a success. It's just amazing that this can happen. How can the people in charge be so dumb?

Go to the one the one in Grand Forks and it's totally different. Target Canada, good for some things but for the most part was just Zellers with the Target name. That was their problem and people they interviewed who worked there agreed, that the biggest problem was that people were expecting Target Canada to be just like Target USA but what we got was more of a Zellers remake with a Target name attached to it. 

Found really cheap (clearance) LED lights there once. Other than that, only went a couple of times and walked out with nothing. Agree it was Zellers re-branded except they did a massive reno in Kelowna adding about 50% to the footprint from what Zellers was. Going to sit empty for a long time as I can't see what would replace them.

17,600 people going to be out of work. Sounds like they will be treated well in the process, but they are still going to be out of work.

The Canadian Target stores have been a massive disappointment.  Poor inventory, even poorer staffing, and average prices.  We already had this kind of store... it was K Mart and it was Zellers and now you can add Target to the list.

Exactly the same in Saskatoon. Seemed like a more modern version of Zellers and Walmart. Some decent items, but I'm not sad to see it go.

I read Sears wants to snap up as many of the laid off employees as possible. With 16 weeks of severance coming & Sears probably snapping them up it may not be as bad as people think.

I doubt sears makes it 2 years.

Sears isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They're still a retail powerhouse and they understand how to keep it sustainable.

I read Sears wants to snap up as many of the laid off employees as possible. With 16 weeks of severance coming & Sears probably snapping them up it may not be as bad as people think.

I doubt sears makes it 2 years.

Sears isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They're still a retail powerhouse and they understand how to keep it sustainable.

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/10/02/sears-canada-tragedy-seen-as-victim-of-overreach-by-u-s-hedge-fund-tycoon-edward-lampert/

9 losses in 14 quarters? I'm not bullish.

At least when you buy from Sears you're getting something half decent instead of the **** they sell at Target or Walmart.

Meh.

Their tool quality has gone down over the years to where I will buy Mastercraft instead of Craftsman, their Kenmore line has been re-branded "whatever the Brick sells for less" for years. Maybe better than Walmart, but certianly the quality has gone.

At least when you buy from Sears you're getting something half decent instead of the **** they sell at Target or Walmart.

Meh.

Their tool quality has gone down over the years to where I will buy Mastercraft instead of Craftsman, their Kenmore line has been re-branded "whatever the Brick sells for less" for years. Maybe better than Walmart, but certianly the quality has gone.

I think their quality may have dropped because they have to compete with Walmart since too many dopes go hopping along to that crap store and buy cheap garbage which breaks down in 2 weeks instead of going and getting better quality products.

I hate walmart with a passion in case you hadn't noticed.