Why no buffalo-Winnipeg thread?

SPuDS

Cuz pav played well?

Cuz team survived losing yet another defenseman?

Cuz there was minimal to ***** and moan about?

I meant to start one but I was too tired to bother and that was before I even watched the game on PVR.

Pavs played great and should get the next start as a result.

Buff's play is exactly why you don't trade a player like him.  I'd lock him up on a four year deal at $5.5 million per (if he'll take it).

Frolik can sign a deal as of Jan 1st and that has to be priority one for Chevy before the trade deadline.  Frolik was smart in signing a one year deal and proving his worth.  Reportedly there was a deal on the table in the summer but Jets wanted 4 years and Frolik wanted 5.  He'll get $4+ million now.  Sign him for 4 years if he'll take it (though 3 or 5 is better for staggered contract renewals).

Scheif on fire now that he's shooting and has chemistry with Perrault.  Going to be hard for Kane to get back on that 2nd line.  Scheif still passes up opportunities to shoot sometimes.  Very unselfish player.  Hilarious watching him play the entire PP at the end of the game and look like he was ready to puke by the end of his shift.  Some great chances for the hattrick too.

Anyone else hear these rumors that Burmistrov is in Winnipeg? And Budaj is on his way there?

I wonder what that's about.

Well if its for a trade not sure either guy would need to be here.  Though Burmi maybe because there would be contracts to work out with his KHL club.  And Budaj, if traded, to report to the new team.  Unless the new team is Boston...

There is a bit of a buzz lately with the KHL players.  Russian teams have contracts in Rubles, and with the volatility of the Ruble over the last little while, some players contracts have become worth half of what they had signed for (when compared to American dollars).

Some speculation that a lot of NHL quality players may be looking to leave the KHL and come back to the NHL.  Not sure how or if they can get out of their KHL contracts to do this...

There is a bit of a buzz lately with the KHL players.  Russian teams have contracts in Rubles, and with the volatility of the Ruble over the last little while, some players contracts have become worth half of what they had signed for (when compared to American dollars).

Some speculation that a lot of NHL quality players may be looking to leave the KHL and come back to the NHL.  Not sure how or if they can get out of their KHL contracts to do this...

It's a complicated procedure.

1) Get on a plane.

2) Leave.

3) Don't go back.

It's all a bit technical, sorry for all the legalese.

I've heard players have said they "wont play under these conditions" and have demanded re-worked contracts.  For guys who cant get work here, they could simply retire (or breach).  But a guy like Burmi cant just get on a plane and come back here and play.  He has a valid contract.  Question will be if a KHL team folds, will that nullify their contract or will the KHL reassign them?

Plus arent KHL players that return to the NHL mid-season subject to league-wide waivers?

Well there is an agreement in place for the NHL and KHL to honor each others contracts.  So there is that....

I remember reading somewhere that Burmis contract in the KHL allows him to come here if he decides to sign with the Jets or gets traded. 

I recall this coming up in discussions but Im sure I remember it being said that Burmi's two year KHL deal did not have an NHL out clause.  Then again, it was also stated that Burmi wanted back in the NHL but not with the Jets.  If Burmi's in town, something has to be up because I cant see him being here this close to Christmas (does anyone know the KHL schedule?)

Well there is an agreement in place for the NHL and KHL to honor each others contracts.  So there is that....

Outside of contractual obligations and whether you were a Noel fan or not, any concerns with his attitude, his approach that could disrupt the chemistry of this team? Or was it simply the case of being completely shafted by his former coach? I'd want enough information at my disposal to get some level of assurance he's willing and able to buy in to a team approach before bringing him in.

Outside of contractual obligations and whether you were a Noel fan or not, any concerns with his attitude, his approach that could disrupt the chemistry of this team? Or was it simply the case of being completely shafted by his former coach? I'd want enough information at my disposal to get some level of assurance he's willing and able to buy in to a team approach before bringing him in.

Without knowing for sure, I would not be concerned.  I think Noel's methods just didnt work for players like Burmi (And kane to an extent).  He was trying to teach them like he would in the AHL but these were players that had been rushed to the NHL too soon and their habits were hardwired.  Maurice seems to have Kane playing the way he wants, despite Kane's offensive output being down. 

Burmi might have issues but given the change in Winnipeg I think its worth trying him out if hes willing to come back.  He would seem to fit in perfectly with Maurice's system of puck possession.  He's a great puck possession guy in the vein of Perrault to a degree.  He's a wing/centre and can play in any situation.  Being that he's already Jets property, if we could sign him, it's gaining a 23 year old first round draft pick for nothing.