Lulay activated

trueBlue83

I can't possibly see him playing this week, or at all this season for that matter! I think this is just a tactic to maybe have Montreal prep for both... His shoulder is done, and I'd be shocked if he was back next year as their starter without someone else in there competing for the starting spot!

Anyone think he'll actually play? I haven't heard much on his injury since he went down against Ottawa.

BC would be far better off preparing for that very tough Montreal defence than trying smoke and mirrors.

Lulay, the very last time that he played, did not look like a QB who would provide a team with the necessary wherewithal to actually win a game, never mind a playoff game.

I understand the desperation, but a determined game plan will go much farther than an ill-healed QB who hasn't played in a while.

Agreed - he was terrible in that Ottawa game before he got hurt again. Not that I expected much as he was 'rusty' but clearly, even in that game, his shoulder was not '100%'. I think his career is all but over. I'm sure he'll play again but he won't be anywhere near as affective as he was before his injury. He'll probably be like Khari - he'll struggle, maybe bounce around to a team or two, then hang em up for good.

Just because he's activated doesn't mean he's going to play. Who would you rather have on your roster? Lulay or whatever nobody third stringer they are dressing now? 

If Lulay's not ready to play at full speed & is completely healthy then what's the point? Might as well dress the nobody third stringer.

I'd imagine the point is to play games with Montreal.  Keep them somewhat guessing on who they have to prepare for.  

Just because he's activated doesn't mean he's going to play. Who would you rather have on your roster? Lulay or whatever nobody third stringer they are dressing now? 

If Lulay's not ready to play at full speed & is completely healthy then what's the point? Might as well dress the nobody third stringer.

I'd imagine the point is to play games with Montreal.  Keep them somewhat guessing on who they have to prepare for.  

Wow, preparing to play Glenn or a one armed qb one hit away from ending his career? If BC is that stupid well they deserve to lose. 

Wow, preparing to play Glenn or a one armed qb one hit away from ending his career? If BC is that stupid well they deserve to lose. 

I agree here - if I'm Montreal, I'd actually be hoping Lulay plays, but wouldn't worry about it one way or the other. I'd prepare for Glenn 100% knowing that if he (Glenn) is replaced, I'd already have the game well in hand. 

"Lulay, who came off the six-game injured list Saturday, is expected to take snaps Tuesday, when the Lions get back on the practice field to begin preparations for the Montreal game.

If Lulay is able to take the workload, Benevides’ plan is to ease him in, slowly, in a backup role, as the No. 2 or No. 3 quarterback, depending on the condition of John Beck, who got dinged in last Friday’s 33-16 defeat to the Calgary Stampeders."

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Lions+could+look+Travis+Lulay/10367273/story.html#ixzz3ImvD00Jw

No word on whether Beck will practice, but I'd guess he would.

One thing we do know is that Travis will be at least the 2nd or 3rd string QB on Saturday…for sure.

Now whether it's Travis Lulay or Travis Partridge..is another matter.

And what could go wrong with a Partridge playing against an Alouette?

Well, Alouettes are birds of prey and partridges are game.

Even if he's completely healthy he's barely played all season and would be rusty as all hell, so that's why you wouldn't start him, but if he's healed why wouldn't you put him as a backup in case you need him?

"Lulay, who came off the six-game injured list Saturday, is expected to take snaps Tuesday, when the Lions get back on the practice field to begin preparations for the Montreal game.

If Lulay is able to take the workload, Benevides’ plan is to ease him in, slowly, in a backup role, as the No. 2 or No. 3 quarterback, depending on the condition of John Beck, who got dinged in last Friday’s 33-16 defeat to the Calgary Stampeders."

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Lions+could+look+Travis+Lulay/10367273/story.html#ixzz3ImvD00Jw

One thing we do know is that Travis will be at least the 2nd or 3rd string QB on Saturday…for sure.

Ummm....Alouettes are actually larks and are not predators. And so much for nit-picking.

Ummm....Alouettes are actually larks and are not predators. And so much for nit-picking.

Larks yes, but blood thirsty man-eating larks for sure.

Even if he's completely healthy he's barely played all season and would be rusty as all hell, so that's why you wouldn't start him, but if he's healed why wouldn't you put him as a backup in case you need him?

That shoulder.... No way it stands up to any kind of hits. What a way to treat your franchise qb. Benevides worrying about the short term & not the long one. 

Larks yes, but blood thirsty man-eating larks for sure.

Those are the worst kind.

That shoulder.... No way it stands up to any kind of hits. What a way to treat your franchise qb. Benevides worrying about the short term & not the long one. 

You're a doctor now? You've seen the healing and recovery and know these things? Not trying to be an ass here, but there's just no way any of us can say what the status of the guys shoulder is with regards to taking hits. Maybe he crumbles again maybe he doesn't, we just don't know. If he's getting in the lineup though you have to believe that actual doctors have said he's good to go. 

Franchise QB? Lulay has somewhere between one and three games left in a Lions uniform.

Glenn's your starter, and everyone knows it. Lulay is a pretty good clipboard caddy to have on the sideline though. I don't understand how this hurts anything.

Pretty big ruckus over making someone stand on the sidelines in a uniform instead of his civies.  That clipboard will have to be really heavy to further damage his shoulder.

Maybe the equipment manager will take off the "ulay" and add "ast Resort" to his jersey.

Franchise QB? Lulay has somewhere between one and three games left in a Lions uniform.

Sweet. What's the lotto max numbers on Friday too if you don't mind?