Sunseri benched

Mr. Perfect

This is incredibly disappointing.  Tino Sunshine had so much mileage left on the tires, now this wonderful nickname will sit on the shelf untouched like discount bologna.

Hey, even discount bologna has more mileage left than Sunseri.

Doege will never have a nickname as good as Tino Sunshine.  It wraps it all up in a nice package, including Rider fans delusional hope that the next great one was sitting there on the bench, waiting to save the day, probably being held back by that washed up bum, Durant.

Guess the post count will go up now.  Don't dare multiquote.

Dressler was on the Bombers neg list.

Yes he was, and Taman signed him to a try out contract. I don't know if that try out ever occurred. I can't find much information about it. It doesn't matter anyway. The reason I mentioned it was simply that Taman has made some good moves in his career..

You can't find out anything about it because it never happened. There is no such thing as a try out contract in the offseason. We scouted him as he was on our neg list and Taman decided against bringing him to camp and released him from our neg list. He was scooped up by the Riders and the rest is history. This particular story does not really flatter Taman all that much. Unless, of course, the point you are trying to make is how he misjudged the talent level of Weston Dressler and allowed him to get away.

Actually, the same argument could be made about Simon as well, who phoned the Bombers about a contract before going to BC and was told by Taman to seek employment elsewhere. Did Taman find these guys? Sure. Did he recognize their talent level and keep them? Nope.

The fact he originally scouted him is kind of trumped by the fact they became all stars on other teams imo.

This is incredibly disappointing.  Tino Sunshine had so much mileage left on the tires, now this wonderful nickname will sit on the shelf untouched like discount bologna.

Doege will never have a nickname as good as Tino Sunshine.  It wraps it all up in a nice package, including Rider fans delusional hope that the next great one was sitting there on the bench, waiting to save the day, probably being held back by that washed up bum, Durant.

he he he :P

Doege (pr: Dagg-ee) is not very conducive to a great nickname but it has potential for an amusing rhyme:

Doege Doege

Riderfans get your paper baggy

Dressler was on the Bombers neg list.

Yes he was, and Taman signed him to a try out contract. I don't know if that try out ever occurred. I can't find much information about it. It doesn't matter anyway. The reason I mentioned it was simply that Taman has made some good moves in his career..

You can't find out anything about it because it never happened. There is no such thing as a try out contract in the offseason. We scouted him as he was on our neg list and Taman decided against bringing him to camp and released him from our neg list. He was scooped up by the Riders and the rest is history. This particular story does not really flatter Taman all that much. Unless, of course, the point you are trying to make is how he misjudged the talent level of Weston Dressler and allowed him to get away.

Actually, the same argument could be made about Simon as well, who phoned the Bombers about a contract before going to BC and was told by Taman to seek employment elsewhere. Did Taman find these guys? Sure. Did he recognize their talent level and keep them? Nope.

The fact he originally scouted him is kind of trumped by the fact they became all stars on other teams imo.

At the time Simon was coming back he was just another young talented receiver and his position on the team was being filled quite adequately by Arland Bruce. Going back to the start of each careers if you can honestly say you saw a lot to choose between the two you are a liar who is only using hindsight. As it stands Bruce had a hell of a career as well so opting to stick with the guy already there rather than Simon is not a big black mark on Taman. 

Taman also watched game film of Charlie Roberts but didn't bother to contact the QB in that film, Ricky Ray.

He was actually watching Ray's game film, and happened to see Roberts ON that tape, and immediately got a hold of him. Not sure why he didn't continue his pursuit of Ray, but I assume the tape wasn't very good...

Taman also watched game film of Charlie Roberts but didn't bother to contact the QB in that film, Ricky Ray.

He was actually watching Ray's game film, and happened to see Roberts ON that tape, and immediately got a hold of him. Not sure why he didn't continue his pursuit of Ray, but I assume the tape wasn't very good...

My understanding is that Ray didn't have to do much when Roberts was there because Roberts got the ball all the time because he was too good.