Jump to content

The Video Game Thread


johnzo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sort of a video game/wrestling story - we had a fans bring the weapons match between two really good local guys (Rawskillz & Robby Royce).  Someone in the crowd threw an old NES console into the ring.  Skillz smacked Royce in the head with it but he no-sold the shot.  Skillz opened the front of the console, blew in it and hit Royce again and he took a big bump.  Pop of the night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question for you Madden gamers, I was reading about EA's NHL17 and Be A GM wish list and everyone wants the ability to hire and fire coaches etc.  And its being referenced as "like Madden".

So in Madden, are the coaches real-life coaches??  I wondered why EA doesnt sign deals with NHL coaches to be able to use their names/likeness in the games.  Would be a lot of fun to have it mean something to hire the right coaching staff...and to fire them too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Question for you Madden gamers, I was reading about EA's NHL17 and Be A GM wish list and everyone wants the ability to hire and fire coaches etc.  And its being referenced as "like Madden".

So in Madden, are the coaches real-life coaches??  I wondered why EA doesnt sign deals with NHL coaches to be able to use their names/likeness in the games.  Would be a lot of fun to have it mean something to hire the right coaching staff...and to fire them too.

Yeah the coaches in Madden are actual coaches. There are some fake ones thrown in there once you start getting a few years deep in your franchise. Even some former players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

The Switch looks interesting...   at least it appears that for the most part it will be a decently powered console with a normal gamepad to play games on.

The tablet , touch,  motion controls crap from the Wii and Wii-U completely killed my interest and experiences with playing any of the games on them. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The Switch looks interesting...   at least it appears that for the most part it will be a decently powered console with a normal gamepad to play games on.

The tablet , touch,  motion controls crap from the Wii and Wii-U completely killed my interest and experiences with playing any of the games on them. 

 

 

I bought a Wii U for one reason: a new Super Mario game.  They should be obligated to make a new mario game every year.  And not some goofy Mario variation.  Just a good old fashioned, side-scrolling, classic Mario Bros game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/10/2016 at 2:00 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Guess there arent many NHL 17'ers here.  For those of you that care, apparently EA has sent out the Roster Update this afternoon.  This is the one that everyone waits for so that rookies are in the game.  I can now go buy it.

they have... I think its NHL legacy for xbox 360 i played a bit on my breaks at red river recently, I had to switch my controllers to NHL 94 style cuz I hate using analog sticks (same real reason I've never been much into first person shooter games) so that's a big reason I dont play sports games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

they have... I think its NHL legacy for xbox 360 i played a bit on my breaks at red river recently, I had to switch my controllers to NHL 94 style cuz I hate using analog sticks (same real reason I've never been much into first person shooter games) so that's a big reason I dont play sports games

I just picked the game up last night.  Had to create Jack Roslovic as he's not in the game and adjust Laine a bit.  Sort of same old same old. 

The games I really get up for are GTA.  Looks like we wont be getting a new one until 2018.  Red Dead Redemption will be magnificent though...one year to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Shameless plug.... on the Xbox One I created a club called:  Winnipeg Old Man Gamers

My goal was to create a club for anyone who wants to play with veteran gamers (i.e. Not kids who play 10 hours a day and then proceed to sound like PewDeePie when you are online).  Invite peoples if you decide to join!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

The Nintendo Switch price and release date was released....

March 3rd

Console :  $399

Pro Controller estimated to be $100

Joy-Con Controller -  estimated to be closer to $130

Zelda to release at launch...

Prices are way to high for me to get a launch....  I would want a pro controller and Zelda....  It would be around $650 after taxes! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I beat Final Fantasy XV last night.  Best one since FFX, IMO.  Not sure if anyone else is into nerd-ing out that hard, but I really enjoyed it.

 

I was very interested... but after being burned on playing  Final Fantasy 13.... I was way to jaded to go out and buy the new one.    13 was so bad IMO that I have zero faith in square returning to form  (FF4 / FF6 )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎05 at 10:04 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Sort of a video game/wrestling story - we had a fans bring the weapons match between two really good local guys (Rawskillz & Robby Royce).  Someone in the crowd threw an old NES console into the ring.  Skillz smacked Royce in the head with it but he no-sold the shot.  Skillz opened the front of the console, blew in it and hit Royce again and he took a big bump.  Pop of the night.

Sorry, old post but I just saw it....

Showtime Robby Royce? Loved that guy. Used to chant 'mullet' at him at tons of shows. Always a great performer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

 

I was very interested... but after being burned on playing  Final Fantasy 13.... I was way to jaded to go out and buy the new one.    13 was so bad IMO that I have zero faith in square returning to form  (FF4 / FF6 )

FF6 remains my favourite but at this point you have to accept those days are gone.  I picked up FF13 and hated it with a passion.  I didn't even really like 12.  The last one I enjoyed was FFX, which I really, really liked.

It's a different style of game now but if you accept that you're not going to be playing a game like FF6 or even like FF7 then it is an enjoyable play-through.  It's more like a Skyrim/Fallout with a better story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jpan85 featured and unfeatured this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...