Lulay officially out for season

Mr. Perfect

it would probably take a starting Canadian o-lineman to pry Burris out of Ottawa.... can't really see Taman giving that up.

Ottawa has no real need to unload their QB, unless they've got someone down south they're looking at wanting to bring up.  They certainly won't be making the playoffs, so unloading Burris isn't totally out of the question.  If they can find someone to groom for next season, 6-7 games is a great sample size to decide on for next year!

I suppose, But i would think that they wouldn't trade burris until they are sure they have someone that can take over from them.  

Qb is one of the hardest positions to find (see bombers pre 2014) so trading away a proven starter and future HOF QB for a starting Cdn o-linemen is insane to me.  Oline is very important but if you have  Troy Smith (or clone) it won't matter who is around him. If your QB lacks accuracy or the ability to read a defence he is worthless.

Burris is an inconsistent QB, but he's not the reason the Redblacks are losing.  That team could scrap out some hard fought wins if it cleans up some of the rest of that garbage, like that sequence with Chevon Walker last week.  They will not be able to do that without Burris.  Are they willing to completely write off 2014 to get an Olineman?  And if they can't find a QB, 2015?  I doubt it.  The message that would send to season ticket holders in Ottawa would be awful.  They are already supporting their stumblebum team through incompetence because at least they are trying.  Now you tell them you aren't even trying anymore?  Awful.  Not going to happen.

/checks google, sees Eric Tillman does not work in Ottawa...

Not going to happen.

The point behind having Burris in Ottawa was to win early and mentor. They haven't won early, and there is no QB to mentor. If they can trade him, they should.

Plus, a $450,000 mentor, or whatever the heck he makes is outrageous.

but then good luck getting free agents to sign there. Glenn already tells everyone who will listen how much he doesn't like how he was treated, how do you think it will look if they trade their jewel of a free agent qb less than a year in? No one is going to want to go to a place where they won't even give you a year before getting tired of you. 

The point behind having Burris in Ottawa was to win early and mentor. They haven't won early, and there is no QB to mentor. If they can trade him, they should.

Plus, a $450,000 mentor, or whatever the heck he makes is outrageous.

Sometimes you just have to live with your mistake.

it would probably take a starting Canadian o-lineman to pry Burris out of Ottawa.... can't really see Taman giving that up.

Ottawa has no real need to unload their QB, unless they've got someone down south they're looking at wanting to bring up.  They certainly won't be making the playoffs, so unloading Burris isn't totally out of the question.  If they can find someone to groom for next season, 6-7 games is a great sample size to decide on for next year!

I suppose, But i would think that they wouldn't trade burris until they are sure they have someone that can take over from them.  

Qb is one of the hardest positions to find (see bombers pre 2014) so trading away a proven starter and future HOF QB for a starting Cdn o-linemen is insane to me.  Oline is very important but if you have  Troy Smith (or clone) it won't matter who is around him. If your QB lacks accuracy or the ability to read a defence he is worthless.

Burris is an inconsistent QB, but he's not the reason the Redblacks are losing.  That team could scrap out some hard fought wins if it cleans up some of the rest of that garbage, like that sequence with Chevon Walker last week.  They will not be able to do that without Burris.  Are they willing to completely write off 2014 to get an Olineman?  And if they can't find a QB, 2015?  I doubt it.  The message that would send to season ticket holders in Ottawa would be awful.  They are already supporting their stumblebum team through incompetence because at least they are trying.  Now you tell them you aren't even trying anymore?  Awful.  Not going to happen.

Not going to happen.

Agreed, they bet the farm on Burris and so far haven't reaped any reward.  RB management would look like complete fools if they admitted they'd made a mistake on their franchise player and gave up on him in their first season.  Like him or not Henry hasn't deteriorated that much in one off season and hate to use a cliche but he does "give them the best chance to win", game to game. 

I think they were overly optimistic with what they thought they could achieve in their first season but they are making baby steps and will likely end the season with a record similar to the 2013 Bombers.  Next season is a crap shoot but reasonable to think being in the East they could have a record of 6-10 wins if they get a better cast to support Henry.

Not going to happen.

Agreed, they bet the farm on Burris and so far haven't reaped any reward.  RB management would look like complete fools if they admitted they'd made a mistake on their franchise player and gave up on him in their first season.  Like him or not Henry hasn't deteriorated that much in one off season and hate to use a cliche but he does "give them the best chance to win", game to game. 

I think they were overly optimistic with what they thought they could achieve in their first season but they are making baby steps and will likely end the season with a record similar to the 2013 Bombers.  Next season is a crap shoot but reasonable to think being in the East they could have a record of 6-10 wins if they get a better cast to support Henry.

Burris is going to be 40 next year.  His physical skills are going to be soon leaving him in a big way.   I give it 50 / 50 that it hits him next year as he hasn't looked like age has really caught up with him yet.  Calvillo was able to put up 5k yards passing when he was 40, but not many QBs can, especially when Hank relies so much on being able to scramble out of the pocket and shrug off tacklers to extend a play.  Last season Calvillo was 41 and we all saw how that ended.  

They need to be finding their QB of the future now when they have some "grace" time with their fan base.  You should be using a vet QB who is on their last legs when you have all the other pieces around him to make a push.

The CFL East division is such a dog's breakfast that, as odd as it sounds, even Ottawa still has a shot at the playoffs even with their atrocious record.

Better yet, they even have a shot at getting first.

With a 1-9 record. Brutal.

I love the CFL.....but that's bush league.   I'm REALLY getting on the one division side of the argument.

Not going to happen.

Burris is going to be 40 next year.  His physical skills are going to be soon leaving him in a big way.   I give it 50 / 50 that it hits him next year as he hasn't looked like age has really caught up with him yet.  Calvillo was able to put up 5k yards passing when he was 40, but not many QBs can, especially when Hank relies so much on being able to scramble out of the pocket and shrug off tacklers to extend a play.  Last season Calvillo was 41 and we all saw how that ended.  

They need to be finding their QB of the future now when they have some "grace" time with their fan base.  You should be using a vet QB who is on their last legs when you have all the other pieces around him to make a push.

They still have to sell tickets.  Even without wins, something has to be there to get butts in the seats.  Can they stand in front a microphone and tell their fans that Joey Elliott for the rest of the season is worth coming out and watching?

It's not that it can't happen, but on average a first round pick talent wise still averages out to a Jason Pottinger most years.  If DeMarco was healthy, they could at least sell the idea that this is their guy for the future and their giving him reps now.  But that ship is also sailed.  Or sunk.

Just a collection of bad choices.  They still have to field a team and try to win games.  Fans deserve that.  Long term cutting a deal is a better choice, but the short term can't be completely abandoned either.  The Jets could trade every player for picks and tell the fans they will have a competitive team in 2022, but no one will want to watch 8 years of a collection of Tim Stapletons scrappily losing game after game.