The Second Half - Reality Testing

BigBlue

Now comes the western half of our schedule: 2 eastern teams, 7 games in our own division ...

I have us going 5 & 4 finishing 11 & 7 as follows:

10   Sun Aug 31 Winnipeg 0 at Saskatchewan 1        

11   Sun Sep 07 Saskatchewan 0 at Winnipeg 1        

12   Sat Sep 13 Winnipeg 0 at BC 1        

14   Sat Sep 27 Hamilton 0 at Winnipeg 1        

15   Fri Oct 03 Winnipeg 1 at Ottawa 0        

16   Mon Oct 13 Winnipeg 1 at Edmonton 0        

17   Sat Oct 18 Calgary 1 at Winnipeg 0          

18   Sat Oct 25 BC 0 at Winnipeg 1        

19   Sat Nov 01 Winnipeg 0 at Calgary 1 (unless Calgary is resting for the playoffs)

we manage 3 westen victories with one victory each against Edmonton BC & Regina but can not beat Calgary ... we will continue our domination of the east

I would be happy with with 4 or 5 victories in the second half of this turnaround year

I'll wait to see what Kromah and Wild can do against Messam next week before making a prediction

Yes you will never make a prediction when you play the wait and see game

predictions are about what we think ... they are not about "not being wrong" so you can be right

we have thoughts and judgment ,,, we don;t need to hide them if we are humble and truth seeking

I'll wait to see what Kromah and Wild can do against Messam next week before making a prediction

predictions are about what we think ... they are not about "not being wrong" so you can be right

we have thoughts and judgment ,,, we don;t need to hide them if we are humble and truth seeking

I suspect you're not really a chimpanzee.

all of the west teams inflated their record vs. the east. We haven't been run off the field in any of the western losses. 5 turnovers to none and still had a chance to beat the riders, worst offensive performance of the year and were still right there in the esks game until the 4th quarter... The west teams aren't super human, this team can beat them. Their records are based on dominating the east as well, same as ours. The next 2 weeks are going to see significant change in the standings. calgary/edmonton labour day series will give those teams a loss or two, same with ours vs. the riders. 

We only play the east twice in the second half of the season and all our wins except for 1 have been over eastern teams.  

4 of our 6 wins are late comebacks that could have gone either way.

Our best offense was the first week.  It's no longer even competent.  3 first downs in 3 quarters last night against one of the worst teams in the league.

I don't expect us to be 6-3 in the second half of the season.

There isn't an elite team in the league this year. As good as the west looks in the standings, it's because the east is allowing all of us to inflate our record.

Calgary can beat BC can beat Saskatchewan can beat Winnipeg can beat Edmonton can beat Calgary on any given day of the week.

You nailed it... I'm not going to post because I'm afraid of what people might think if I'm wrong.

There isn't an elite team in the league this year. As good as the west looks in the standings, it's because the east is allowing all of us to inflate our record.

Calgary can beat BC can beat Saskatchewan can beat Winnipeg can beat Edmonton can beat Calgary on any given day of the week.

Yet we will still never win in Calgary.  Weird.

I suspect you're not really a chimpanzee.

I have a brain the size of a pea .... just like the rest of you .... I am here to share my thoughts, test my skills (judgment) and have a bunch of fun with all of you

My judgment is that we are at this point perhaps slightly above average with the western teams but not nearly good enough to beat the class of the league (Calgary) .... I expect we can take revenge on Edmonton, beat BC at home and split  with Regina ... we can still beat up on the team we need tp whip in the playoffs (Hamilton)

The big question is how much MOS and his coaches will have done by November in turning us from a bunch of individual talents into a harmonious, well oiled, highly functioning piece of machinery

My best guess is Calgary vs Winnipeg in the Grey Cup AND we end the twenty+ year drought ... on team work not talent

We only play the east twice in the second half of the season and all our wins except for 1 have been over eastern teams.  

We've won 5 of 6 games that we should have won against weaker Eastern opponents…just like the other Western div. teams

4 of our 6 wins are late comebacks that could have gone either way.

Really doesn't matter when you score as long as you score more than the other team.

Would you have preferred us scoring all the points first and then the other team scoring to within 1 or 2 points in the last few minutes?

It's no longer even competent.  3 first downs in 3 quarters last night against one of the worst teams in the league.

I believe it is still very competent, otherwise, we would be 1-8, and we're not firing yet, on all cylinders.

Currently there are 3 worst teams in the league, and Montreal has started to breathe in their last two games

I don't expect us to be 6-3 in the second half of the season.

No, I don't expect that also, but you know what? I didn't expect us to be 6-3 in the 1st half either.

No one seriously thought this team would be 6 - 3.  Now we have folks predicting 3 - 6 because of a tougher schedule.

They could go either way, or they could rise to the new challenge.  Remember, they are well coached, have a good QB on an upward curve, and have some legitimate play makers on D.

Mixed in with all those close, last minute, come from behind wins are two dominant ones...game 1 in Toronto and the game in B.C.  

I shall take the positive route and predict at least 5 more wins.

With the labor Day home & home series on the prairies the Standings are likely to shift a little ... Calgary taking Edmonton for two with us splitting our series with the Riders ...

I am still looking for us to battle for third with Edmonton ...with BC giving chase