Kyle Walters can speak!

Fatty Liver

Good article in today's Freep.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/walters-prowling-nfl-camps-for-help-270711441.html

Some of Walter's pertinent quotes.

"Mike (O'Shea) and I had a lengthy talk about the run game on the phone after I watched it on the computer. I think Drew did a great job, but if you are continually in second and eight or second and 10 you're going to get bit in the ass and that's what happened to us," said Walters late Sunday afternoon. "When the weather gets worse around here in the fall it's not realistic to think we're going to step back and throw the ball 40 times a game. Especially in poor weather. We're trying to tinker with the offensive line. Bob (offensive line coach Wylie) is working his tail off and Marcel (offensive co-ordinator Marcel Bellefeuille) is working his tail off too. It's difficult to make dramatic changes right now. But our scouting department will come together later in August for about 10 days and we'll prepare for practice-roster expansion and see what we can come up with."

Willy has just over 10 career starts as a pro and while watching him push the Bombers to an early 5-2 record, it simply isn't sustainable. He needs support, better pass protection and a run game to lean on.

That's Walters' next big task.

CFL practice rosters are currently limited to 10 players but on Oct. 1 they can be expanded to 15.

Walters has spent the last eight days touring NFL training camps and members of his staff spread out to take in workouts of all 32 teams.

"It's not a quick process. A lot of this work will pay dividends in two or three years time from now. We're compiling lists and putting names into our database. These players don't immediately come up to the CFL," said Walters. "But our scouts are experienced and have been collecting names of players for years," said Walters. "We'll see what comes available and if there are players that can help us, we'll bring them in."

NFL scouting doesn't do anything to solidify Nationals on the o line.

Unless you plan on having 5 Canadians on the OL you need to scout in the US. And the article says this will pay dividends in 2-3 years. For all we know, Walters is scouting January's replacement. To have sustainable success you need to do this type of stuff.

NFL scouting doesn't do anything to solidify Nationals on the o line.

So, which CIS games do you think he should be scouting right now instead?

And since brushing his teeth and wiping his butt also don't address NI's on the Oline, Walters should stop doing that as well.  A singular focus on one aspect of one position for years on end is the best way to improve a football team for sure!

Anyone can have a bad game, but the true test is the game after that. So far this edition of the Bombers has shown resiliency, but as someone said, there is only the next game, so we will have another measurement of our team tonight. Two clangers in a row would be very bad, but again, it is how much heart and effort is seen.

Anyone can have a bad game, but the true test is the game after that. So far this edition of the Bombers has shown resiliency, but as someone said, there is only the next game, so we will have another measurement of our team tonight. Two clangers in a row would be very bad, but again, it is how much heart and effort is seen.

Agreed one game doesn't mean much but I think that Januarys play has dropped off the past year. I would like to see Jones get a chance at some point not sure he will do any better but he was good down the stretch for us last year.

Pretty excited to see what Walters and team can do in their first full scouting season

I'm pretty excited to watch the forums poo poo over all the guys we scout and bring in too..

Technically, you're not scouting anyone... no offence.

Pretty excited to see what Walters and team can do in their first full scouting season

I'm pretty excited to watch the forums poo poo over all the guys we scout and bring in too..

Technically, you're not scouting anyone... no offence.

Community owned team... I'm part of the community, thus "own" it.. That makes me a we.. Capiche?

Talk about being a sticky widget for the sake of knobishness