Injury Update - August 9

gbill2004

INFIRMARY REPORT

Although receiver Clarence Denmark took some punishment in Thursday night’s game, he’s a-OK, O’Shea said. Teague Sherman also took a beating, but “he seems to battle through everything.” Offensive lineman Patrick Neufeld, who was out with injury last week, is hopeful to return. Johnny Sears, Dan Knapp and Donovan Alexander are a week away, and punter Mike Renaud will need at least that time. It’s not clear yet if receiver Nick Moore will play on Tuesday.

INFIRMARY REPORT

Although receiver Clarence Denmark took some punishment in Thursday night’s game, he’s a-OK, O’Shea said. Teague Sherman also took a beating, but “he seems to battle through everything.” Offensive lineman Patrick Neufeld, who was out with injury last week, is hopeful to return. Johnny Sears, Dan Knapp and Donovan Alexander are a week away, and punter Mike Renaud will need at least that time. It’s not clear yet if receiver Nick Moore will play on Tuesday.

We don't need Renaud. 

Free Agent time this Winter Walters must pick a starting Cdn OL.

There gotta be one available, it will free up another spot plus make our OL much better.

Got any in mind?

This is the key point.  There's one Canadian OL who changed teams via free agency in 2014 who is currently starting, that's Andrew Jones for Edmonton.  He'd probably be 3rd or 4th on our depth chart at guard.

Free Agent time this Winter Walters must pick a starting Cdn OL.

There gotta be one available, it will free up another spot plus make our OL much better.

Got any in mind?

This is the key point.  There's one Canadian OL who changed teams via free agency in 2014 who is currently starting, that's Andrew Jones for Edmonton.  He'd probably be 3rd or 4th on our depth chart at guard.

There were like four or five OLs that changed teams this year

Andrew Jones would be starting at RG for us on Tuesday... even if Neufeld is healthy.

INFIRMARY REPORT

It seems like Donovan Alexander has been "a week away" since the second day of training camp. Has he even played this year?

Hinse...and...Sorenson...and...Jones in Edmonton...and...?

Mitchell, Myddleton...

But... I didn't see the 'currently starting' part...

You could include Gott I suppose.  But I think finding a Cdn OL shouldn't just be completely ruled it - it can happen.

Mitchell, Myddleton...

You could include Gott I suppose.  But I think finding a Cdn OL shouldn't just be completely ruled it - it can happen.

Well, Gott cost the 1st overall pick (a player who will probably be as good or better than him soon and play for several more years) and the rights to Marwan Hage.

Hinse and Swiston are in the same class as Mitchell and Myddleton, Swiston is probably a little better than the rest.  At least half of those guys wouldn't be in the league if it weren't for Ottawa returning.  Myddleton lost his roster spot to an undrafted player who isn't very good (Rice) and his ineffectiveness gave the Ticats no choice but to start 3 imports.

Look at Calgary's OL last night-

LT- import

LG- 4th round pick 2013

C- 2nd round pick 2013

RG- Territorial exemption

RT- Acquired for 4th rounder in 2011

6th- 1st overall pick 2014

All of them have only played for Calgary in the CFL.  That's the model to aspire to.

Mitchell, Myddleton...

Well, Gott cost the 1st overall pick (a player who will probably be as good or better than him soon and play for several more years) and the rights to Marwan Hage.

Hinse and Swiston are in the same class as Mitchell and Myddleton, Swiston is probably a little better than the rest.  At least half of those guys wouldn't be in the league if it weren't for Ottawa returning.  Myddleton lost his roster spot to an undrafted player who isn't very good (Rice) and his ineffectiveness gave the Ticats no choice but to start 3 imports.

Look at Calgary's OL last night-

LT- import

LG- 4th round pick 2013

C- 2nd round pick 2013

RG- Territorial exemption

RT- Acquired for 4th rounder in 2011

6th- 1st overall pick 2014

All of them have only played for Calgary in the CFL.  That's the model to aspire to.

Goossen, Neufeld and Greaves are a very nice core for the Bombers going forward.

I agree about the Calgary model and have high hopes for Goosen.  Not as sold on Neufeld as most other on here, he reminds me of Morely playing guard.

What's interesting is that 'Calgary's model' sure blows away the argument that it takes years to build an OLine.