Bomber Depth Chart Week 3 vs Montreal

Jpan85

Looking at the depth chart I see a very good defense that can get after the QB and a pretty good offence that still needs a QB and an OC to run it.  This will be our biggest test of the year so far.  Toronto took us for granted and weren't ready to play.  Ottawa was an expansion club playing in their first game ever.  Montreal isn't what they used to be, but they still have game and they won't take us for granted.

I'm looking forward to a hard hitting game that's won and lost in the trenches.  Not sure Montreal can beat us with their offence, but I'm pretty sure they can with their defence.  Just a few more hours till I warm up the TV, put on the Jersey, and pour the wobbly pops.  For the first time in years, I'm optimistic.

I think you might be writing Dinwiddie off a bit early, I thought he called a pretty good game for Smith in the game against BC. Played to his strengths and got just enough out of him to get the win along with the defense stepping up. Not much more a guy can do when you're handicapped by a passer that inaccurate.

Looking at the depth chart I see a very good defense that can get after the QB and a pretty good offence that still needs a QB and an OC to run it.  This will be our biggest test of the year so far.  Toronto took us for granted and weren't ready to play.  Ottawa was an expansion club playing in their first game ever.  Montreal isn't what they used to be, but they still have game and they won't take us for granted.

I'm looking forward to a hard hitting game that's won and lost in the trenches.  Not sure Montreal can beat us with their offence, but I'm pretty sure they can with their defence.  Just a few more hours till I warm up the TV, put on the Jersey, and pour the wobbly pops.  For the first time in years, I'm optimistic.

I think you might be writing Dinwiddie off a bit early, I thought he called a pretty good game for Smith in the game against BC. Played to his strengths and got just enough out of him to get the win along with the defense stepping up. Not much more a guy can do when you're handicapped by a passer that inaccurate.

Dinwiddie has a lot of experience with this aspect of the game.

Dinwiddie has a lot of experience with this aspect of the game.

You would think, and this is only a guess, that Dinwiddie is a better coach than he was a player. You would think.

Weird though that my wife, who never wants to watch football, wants to watch tonight when I told her Dinwifddie was with Montreal now. Weird.

I think he called a terrible game for Smith against BC even though Montreal won.  Smith's not AC and they shouldn't treat him like he is.  Smith's strengths aren't short accurate passes or reading the defence and taking what they give you.  It's run around and find a deep receiver.  As I've said before, if you're going to be a 50% completion QB, you better be attacking the middle to deep zones so every catch is a first down.  That's how you get by with an inaccurate passer.  

Montreal knew this last year so Marsh and Smith both kept throwing bombs and hoping for good results.  When they completed the deep balls they won.  When they didn't, they lost.

"No one knows what it's like

To be the bad man

To be the sad man

Behind blue eyes"

These are not the lyrics in the famous Who song…they're not.

This note was found in the margin of the Dinwiddie's copy of Montreal's playbook after their opening loss.

True story.

(Almost true story)

i remember reading somewhere that when he was recruited by boise state that they brought him into an office and showed him a bunch of defenses and asked him how he would react to them.  Within 10 minutes he was offered a full ride.  To bad he cant run for a first down when desperately needed.....still pissed....

I think he called a terrible game for Smith against BC even though Montreal won.  Smith's not AC and they shouldn't treat him like he is.  Smith's strengths aren't short accurate passes or reading the defence and taking what they give you.  It's run around and find a deep receiver.  As I've said before, if you're going to be a 50% completion QB, you better be attacking the middle to deep zones so every catch is a first down.  That's how you get by with an inaccurate passer.  

Montreal knew this last year so Marsh and Smith both kept throwing bombs and hoping for good results.  When they completed the deep balls they won.  When they didn't, they lost.

and I think it was good because the guy can actually make those shorter passes more often, it's when he tries to throw deep you never know what you're going to get. Keep it simple for him, give him the easy throws and let the receivers do most of the work. That's what you do with a qb like that. You don't just ask him to pitch it deep and hope there's a receiver within the area code.

and I think it was good because the guy can actually make those shorter passes more often, it's when he tries to throw deep you never know what you're going to get. Keep it simple for him, give him the easy throws and let the receivers do most of the work. That's what you do with a qb like that. You don't just ask him to pitch it deep and hope there's a receiver within the area code.

Smith was pretty effective throwing the deep ball last night.  His pick was a short one to the flats.  

Outside of their QB, their offense is still very good. If Smith does end up hitting on a few big plays it will make for a very interesting game. He isn't going to miss all of them. The way Montreal stacks the line on defence and our banged up line will be something to watch as well.

Well hot damn....

Outside of their QB, their offense is still very good. If Smith does end up hitting on a few big plays it will make for a very interesting game. He isn't going to miss all of them. The way Montreal stacks the line on defence and our banged up line will be something to watch as well.

Well hot damn....
I just imagined you swatting your gum out of mid air while you typed that.