The TV Thread

and saved

https://tvline.com/2020/12/17/kids-say-the-darndest-things-revival-tiffany-haddish-returning-season-2-cbs/

and now Soaps are getting rebooted, are they going to pretend the revival series didn't happen?

https://tvline.com/2020/12/17/all-my-children-sequel-series-revival-abc-kelly-ripa-mark-consuelos/

and now LA Law's going to get a sequel

https://tvline.com/2020/12/17/la-law-reboot-blair-underwood-returning-sequel-series-abc/

geez Canada needs MeTV ASAP

Edited by iHeart

Kiss on The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder. Ace Frehley was hilarious & it pissed off Gene Simmons. Snyder just went with the flow & he clicked with Frehley. I remember watching this & killing myself laughing. 

Kiss appearing on The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder on October 31, 1979. Ace Frehley is hilarious here much to the chagrin of Gene Simmons who was not happy with him stealing the show. Snyder clicked with Frehley & the rest is history. I remember watching this & I  killed myself laughing.

Click on the link:

KISS on Tom Snyder [ 10/31/79 ] - YouTube

Edited by SpeedFlex27

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Kiss on The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder. Ace Frehley was hilarious & it pissed off Gene Simmons. Snyder just went with the flow & he clicked with Frehley. I remember watching this & killing myself laughing. 

Kiss appearing on The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder on October 31, 1979. Ace Frehley is hilarious here much to the chagrin of Gene Simmons who was not happy with him stealing the show. Snyder clicked with Frehley & the rest is history. I remember watching this & I  killed myself laughing.

Click on the link:

KISS on Tom Snyder [ 10/31/79 ] - YouTube

Hilarious meaning messed on drugs and part of the reason why he got the boot because him and the drummer were unreliable.  

On 2020-12-18 at 10:57 AM, Brandon said:

Hilarious meaning messed on drugs and part of the reason why he got the boot because him and the drummer were unreliable.  

He apparently was drunk. Frehley said in his autobiography that he was terrified to go the Tomorrow Show with millions watching so he self lubricated beforehand. Peter Criss in his book said that Simmons was pissed off because for the first time the other 2 guys in the band stole an interview from him & Paul Stanley. Stanley didn't seem too put off about it unlike Simmons who has always been an ******* at the best of times. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I never knew that they had I think the term is phantom drummers/guitarists who played the music live off stage during concerts while Peter Criss and Ace were unplugged on stage (because of the drugs) and that eventually they fired them and replaced them with the phantom players.  

All I remember from watching the documentaries about Kiss is that Gene and Paul were all money all business while the others were more so like your regular rock stars. 

12 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

For some reason I can only watch one or two epsidoes of that show at time. Really like it but there something about that makes me need to stop and take a break for a couple days.

I was like this with Breaking Bad. It took me (quite literally) YEARS to get through the entire run because it was REALLY tough to watch at times. I find Better Call Saul a bit better, but still too intense at times and I need to take a break. 

32 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

All this discussion about new shows and here I am watching Sunny In Philly for the 100th time

Renewed 4 more seasons through season 18!!!

my wife and I re-watch the entire run of How I Met Your Mother every single year. I grew up in the generation where The Simpson's is the greatest show of all time, but for me, HIMYM is maybe my favourite show ever, front to back, every episode.

On 2020-12-18 at 11:46 AM, Brandon said:

I never knew that they had I think the term is phantom drummers/guitarists who played the music live off stage during concerts while Peter Criss and Ace were unplugged on stage (because of the drugs) and that eventually they fired them and replaced them with the phantom players.  

All I remember from watching the documentaries about Kiss is that Gene and Paul were all money all business while the others were more so like your regular rock stars. 

Simmons was always a narcissistic *******. Looks like Kiss had a very similar band structure like The Eagles. Don Henley & Glenn Frey always thought that they were the real band & players like Bernie Leadon, Timothy B. Schmidt,  Randy Meisner, Joe Walsh & Don Felder were replaceable parts not very important. That everyone adored Henley & Frey & could care less about the other guys which was not the case..

Take the case of Steuart Smith. The guy who is always front & centre onstage with the Eagles Joe Walsh, Henley, Frey (before he passed away) & Tim Schmidt. He replaced Don Felder after he was unceremoniously booted out of the band. Yet nearly 30 years later he still isn't an official member of the band & never will be. Reason? He doesn't have to share in the royalties he would have had be been a true band member all these years. More money for Henley this way. Frey & now Henley didn't feel he was deserving to be an Eagle & reap the financial rewards had he been an official Eagle. 

So good on Ace Frehley & Peter Criss for upstaging Paul Stanley & especially Gene Simmons by having a good time. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Simmons was always a narcissistic *******. Very similar band structure in The Eagles. Don Henley & Glenn Frey always thought that they were the real band & guys like Bernie Leadon, Timothy B. Schmidt,  Randy Meisner, Joe Walsh & Don Felder were replaceable. That everyone adored Henley & Frey & could care less about the other guys.

In the music business, the Eagles were referred to as "The Egos"- they needed to arrive at the concert venue and leave in separate vehicles every time.

10 hours ago, Tracker said:

In the music business, the Eagles were referred to as "The Egos"- they needed to arrive at the concert venue and leave in separate vehicles every time.

Yeah, they got caught up in the excesses of being rock stars. Glenn Frey anointed himself to be the one who was the prick in the band. The one who disciplined & criticized the others except Don Henley. Frey used to insult & mock Randy Meisner because he always struggled to sing Take It To The Limit... Meisner used to suffer from stage fright & there were days when he said he couldn't sing that particular song. When he felt that way Frey would intimidate Meisner by arguing & insultIng him in order to get him to sing. Meisner would always do it because of Frey but he became so stressed out that he eventually quit. Frey also viciously went after Don Felder as well when the guitarist felt all money made from album sales & concert sales should be split evenly & not the majority to going to Henley & Frey. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27