Bob Wylie & OL coaching staff

We hire the the best o-line coach ive ever seen or heard of and because he has some other commitments, this is a bad idea?

Are you people seriously that dense? Our o-line has been abysmal season after season.. Wylie WILL fix that, away for a day here or there but he will fix our o-line.

only winnipeggers would find a way to get worked up and angry about this... Truly a sad state of affairs..

It is strange to see a pro coach put a recruiting company for American HS players ahead of his full time employers. I mean, pretty easy for him to tell FU that  due to his new position in Winnipeg he is no longer available & let them find a replacement as that kind of thing happens all the time with coaches. But it is what it is, I guess. 

It wouldn't surprise me much if he was making a lot more money from the coaching clinics than he's receiving from the Bombers.

Wow, I'd have to see that to believe it.... Working with kids grades 8 to 11?? Speaking at coaching clinics?

Wylie booked for coaching clinics through Football University every weekend this month. Not sure if he will show to all of them, but he was advertised for the one this weekend and he went so ... take from that what you will.

So he'll likely be with the Bombers Monday-Thursdays. Then coaching clinics on weekends. I can live with that. I wonder if he's allowed to miss games if his clinic causes a conflict?

Seriously...

The bombers dont seem to mind and were and are very well aware of his previous commitments, i'm not sure why a couple fans are  getting all worked up over this. You don't work with the guy, it shouldn't matter to you. O'shea is the coach, not anyone on this forum and he seems fine with it.

Besides, our oline has sucked so bad and we have arguably the best oline coach in the game right now, atleast in the CFL.. 

why is this a big deal? Teams can only practice so much once the season gets going, heck players only want 1 practice with pads every week.

I do find it a bit, i dunno if ironic is the right word but there is some i'm gonna say irony in the fact that the 2 guys who are seemingly upset the most.. well, not that it matters right, but one is from alberta, the other bc.. and Nate, well nate is nate and we all know what nate is.

Why would it matter to any of us? we don't work with the guy and the people that do are fine with it.

Seems like complaining for the sake of it.

Oshea even said if he could have only had wylie once a week, he still would have signed him.

It matters more what o'shea and the coaching staff thinks, it doesn't matter what anyone on here does. 

Bombers are fine with it and right now, i'll have to trust them and say i am fine with it too.

Seems to be arguing about something that in the big picture is really not a big deal.

Goalie, no way I'm upset about this. It's a thread & people are throwing in their 2 cents so I did. When I read where a fan says something like, "Gee, maybe he'll be allowed to miss games to do coaching clinics .If that happens, I'm okay with it." I just went, "Seriously."

If MOS says it's okay for Wylie to be away during the season & our line sucks then it's on him. I'm just making a comment on the situation as I see it. But upset? Nah. More amused at the comments, especially SPuDs head seemingly ready to explode more than anything else. ;)

Goalie, no way I'm upset about this. It's a thread & people are throwing in their 2 cents so I did. When I read where a fan says something like, "Gee, maybe he'll be allowed to miss games to do coaching clinics .If that happens, I'm okay with it." I just went, "Seriously."

If MOS says it's okay for Wylie to be away during the season & our line sucks then it's on him. I'm just making a comment on the situation as I see it. But upset? Nah. More amused at the comments, especially SPuDs head seemingly ready to explode more than anything else. ;)

Ok, it's all good .Spuds head seems to start to explode rather easily at times ;)

We hire the the best o-line coach ive ever seen or heard of and because he has some other commitments, this is a bad idea?

Are you people seriously that dense? Our o-line has been abysmal season after season.. Wylie WILL fix that, away for a day here or there but he will fix our o-line.

only winnipeggers would find a way to get worked up and angry about this... Truly a sad state of affairs..

All I ever see you post on is peoples complaints and/or concerns.... why do you bother coming on here? If you want to talk football talk football... It would be a refreshing change

I think having a coach like Wylie is a must for this team. Regardless of having a few prior commitments, I'm super happy he's here. Especially with guys who need seasoning like Neufeld, Pencer and Goossen. Now we know they're learning from the very best the bombers could possibly get.

All I ever see you post on is peoples complaints and/or concerns.... why do you bother coming on here? If you want to talk football talk football... It would be a refreshing change

Why u mad bro? I wasnt even talking to you.. Dont like my posts, dont read em.. Pretty simple concept. Its my opinion that if people cant see how having wylie here im any capacity here is a good thing then they are not aware of just how skilled at turning miracles with o-lines..., enough football talk for your sensabilities?

The bombers dont seem to mind and were and are very well aware of his previous commitments, i'm not sure why a couple fans are  getting all worked up over this. You don't work with the guy, it shouldn't matter to you. O'shea is the coach, not anyone on this forum and he seems fine with it.

Besides, our oline has sucked so bad and we have arguably the best oline coach in the game right now, atleast in the CFL.. 

why is this a big deal? Teams can only practice so much once the season gets going, heck players only want 1 practice with pads every week.

I do find it a bit, i dunno if ironic is the right word but there is some i'm gonna say irony in the fact that the 2 guys who are seemingly upset the most.. well, not that it matters right, but one is from alberta, the other bc.. and Nate, well nate is nate and we all know what nate is.

Why would it matter to any of us? we don't work with the guy and the people that do are fine with it.

Seems like complaining for the sake of it.

Oshea even said if he could have only had wylie once a week, he still would have signed him.

It matters more what o'shea and the coaching staff thinks, it doesn't matter what anyone on here does. 

Bombers are fine with it and right now, i'll have to trust them and say i am fine with it too.

Seems to be arguing about something that in the big picture is really not a big deal.

Assuming my 2 line post makes me the guy from BC who is one of the most upset:

What the Bombers do matters to me.  I wouldn't be here if it didn't. 

No one here works O'Shea, but that doesn't mean no one here is entitled to an opinion about his decisions.

Coaches do more than just run practices.

Some of the biggest fans live outside of Winnipeg.  Our opinions are as valid as anyone elses.

I'm a big Wylie fan.  I understand the theory that some Wylie is better than no Wylie.  I think this reduces his effectiveness.  I can't think of any other professional coach who gets weekends off during the season.  I doubt any exist because it's just not a good idea.  I want the guy who's making the final decisions to be there all the time so they see everything first hand.  I don't think having a Wylie 'protege' running things is the same a having the man himself doing it.  I think having fully committed coaches is better than having partly committed ones.  I think the Bombers should have dealt with this issue in the press when they hired Wylie, not waited until the fans/media noticed he wasn't there.  

I find it funny that folks who are most upset and argue are the ones who think that no one should question anything the Bombers do.

Nasty Nate Are you people seriously that dense? Our o-line has been abysmal season after season.. Wylie WILL fix that, away for a day here or there but he will fix our o-line.

only Nasty Nate winnipeggers would find a way to get worked up and angry about this... Truly a sad state of affairs..

Fixed as I don't like getting lumped into the negative crowd.

I find it funny the person who came across as most concerned.about wylie not being here 100% is saying "no its better hes here then not at all but...." I mean, what if that was literally the only way agreed was to have that out to go do his thing? Would you have said "oh, no not if your only here most of the time" and hired a subpar coach? I personally think that even a wylie trained assistant is going to be better then most others..

there was no "the bomberz do everything right!" Angle at all to the post btw so nice attempt to deflect..

Nasty Nate Are you people seriously that dense? Our o-line has been abysmal season after season.. Wylie WILL fix that, away for a day here or there but he will fix our o-line.

only Nasty Nate winnipeggers would find a way to get worked up and angry about this... Truly a sad state of affairs..

Fixed as I don't like getting lumped into the negative crowd.

Well it wasnt just nate butthurt by the situation but i see what your saying :)

To the people who are complaining that the Bombers should have fully disclosed Wylie's arrangement. As was pointed out to me, from the start his position was labelled as overseeing the development of the O-line and not O-Line coach.

They didn't really spell out what that means but to be fair the majority of Blue Bomber fans (outside of the hardcore) don't even know who the coaches are passed the head coach and possibly the coordinators.

Don't have an issue myself with how they handled this.

To the people who are complaining that the Bombers should have fully disclosed Wylie's arrangement. As was pointed out to me, from the start his position was labelled as overseeing the development of the O-line and not O-Line coach.

They didn't really spell out what that means but to be fair the majority of Blue Bomber fans (outside of the hardcore) don't even know who the coaches are passed the head coach and possibly the coordinators.

Don't have an issue myself with how they handled this.

I remember pointing that out when he was hired (possibly on another site) and asked if anyone knew why... perhaps this explains a little bit....

I wonder if this Paul Charbonneau fellow will be listed as coach on the website.... he currently is not...