Esks Release Burke Dales

Big leg but his directional punting is atrocious. In the old CFL where punters just booted it as far as they could downfield, he'd have been a natural. But in today's CFL where punters are expected to place their punts to minimize returns, he isn't very good. That's the probable reason why he isn't now playing & was released by the Schmoes.

btw -- Burke says the Bombers aren't interested in him...

Ugh.  The Bombers as a rule CHOOSE to never be interested in another team's cuts and backups, and are always so quick to announce that.  For the record, I don't think we should go after Burke Dales... but I'm just sick of hearing this line from the Blue and Gold. 

When you have had one good season in the last 5... you need to have an open mind to players that could help you out in an injury situation.  For example, right now we have zero chance at acquiring Kevin Glenn.  Tate's hurt, and is getting the injury-prone tag very quickly.  In the spring, we probably could have.  The Bombers just didn't open their minds to it, because Glenn's someone else's backup, is not the long-term solution, and we'd have to pay for it.  Right now, Etienne's emergence and Kohlert's reliability make a Poblah expendable.  Package him up with a lineman and/or draft pick, and we might have been able to get a solid but unspectacular guy like KG, who could be enough to help us win some of these games our D is setting us up to win.

It's becoming more and more clear by the day that our management's mindset, and inability to move away from Buck Pierce / find a new QB, is this team's real cancer.

Funny .. going back to last season he's been one of the better directional punters in the league .. it's been mentioned several times in the media .. I'll give you somewhat inconsistent at times but again .. you're arguing change for the sake of change .. if anything I'd rather have kept Cameron or Pavlopoulos allow them to develop within the organization versus overpaying for a well travelled vet.