*** Site Maintenance (Downtime)

Rich

I'm going to be taking the site down around midnight tonight.  I'm going to be migrating it to a new hosting provider.  

DNS settings are going to have to change and propagate throughout the web.   This may take up to 48 hours.

Hopefully the downtime is a lot less then that and when everyone wakes up tomorrow you don't notice any difference.  But if not, this is the reason.

I'm going to be taking the site down around midnight tonight.  I'm going to be migrating it to a new hosting provider.  

DNS settings are going to have to change and propagate throughout the web.   This may take up to 48 hours.

Hopefully the downtime is a lot less then that and when everyone wakes up tomorrow you don't notice any difference.  But if not, this is the reason.

What am I supposed to do at work tomorrow?

What am I supposed to do at work tomorrow?

Work?   :)

It should be back up by the time you get to work.   In the extreme case, it may take that long.  

If you're using Windows, go into a command prompt tomorrow morning and type: ipconfig /flushdns to clear the DNS cache on your machine.  That will force the system to go and ask the internet DNS servers for a new address.  It won't work if the DNS server you are pointing to hasn't got the new address, but it's worth a shot.

It is the same for me. Works on my phone. Hopefully Shaw pushes the updates soon. (And mts if it isn't working there either)

The quotes in IE was a separate fix. Managed to find a patch for that a few days ago.

Thanks all for your patience.