Three new TSN channels coming soon.

Re: TSNJETS

I wouldn't get too excited yet.  Can't see how TSN or the Jets would be thrilled about losing that additional revenue.  

Winnipeg JetsTM' regional games were previously only available with a subscription to the TSN Jets channel. Starting this season (2014-2015), TSN's package of regional Winnipeg JetsTM hockey games will be included in the Basic Service channel group on TSN3. Existing subscriptions to the TSN Jets channel have been discontinued and customers will not be charged for the 2014-2015 season.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mts-scores-a-hat-trick-with-three-new-tsn-channels-2014-08-18

How will the Jets lose revenue? They still have a contract to be paid $XX to have their games broadcast by TSN. The games being free doesn't change that. As for TSN, as long as they get paid by MTS for the feed they don't care whether MTS charges or not.

Heard some pretty great news today! Check it out:

(TSX:MBT) MTS, Manitoba’s leading full-service telecommunications provider, today announced that it will carry TSN’s expanded line-up of five national feeds:  TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5. With this expansion, Winnipeg Jets™ games will now appear on TSN3 and be included in MTS TV’s Basic Service channel group. 

Simply put... no more subscribing for $10/month for TSN Jets as it is included in your basic service. This should come as good news to a lot of people I would think.

Someone said MTS was gonna charge $12 for TSN Jets this season.

But just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Mr. Shaw needs a new cottage in NW Ontario.

They will be free for both MTS and Shaw.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/jets-games-on-tv-for-free-271819781.html

Once the Winnipeg Jets and TSN sent out their press releases on Monday, Jets fans couldn't be blamed for asking, "What's the catch?"

The good news would seem to be there is none.

MTS TV, for instance, also announced Monday TSN's new lineup of five national feeds will be available and TSN3 will be part of the basic service channel group.

MTS hasn't yet said if all five TSN feeds will be part of basic service or if the other four (other than TSN3) will require an extra package purchase.

Shaw Cable confirmed Monday TSN3 will be the base programming feed for the region's customers and won't require any subscription for Jets' regional broadcasts.

Fred C Dobbs, on 06 May 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

Just announced:

QuoteTORONTO (May 6, 2014) – TSN, Canada’s Sports Leader and the #1 specialty network in the country, today announced a platform for growth that will see it expand from two to five national feeds. Optimized to give Canadians more sports and more choice than ever before, TSN’s suite of channels will deliver a slate of expanded programming, including the ability to schedule SPORTSCENTRE, Canada’s #1 sports news show, to serve multiple time zones.

Already home to Canada’s most diverse lineup of sports programming and biggest championships – among them the World Juniors, Grey Cup, FIFA World Cup 2015-2022, Grand Slam tennis, all of golf’s majors and much more – TSN is expanding to further solidify its position as Canada’s Sports Leader by maximizing its deep lineup of world-class content delivered across multiple feeds.

To be branded TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5, all five TSN feeds will be available this fall. All TSN feeds will also be available to subscribers both online and through mobile devices via TSN GO. Further details, including information about participating TV service providers and channel placements, will be announced in the lead up to the launch.

http://bellmediapr.ca/Network/TSN/Press/More-Sports-More-Choice

I like the sound of this. Hopefully it will remove the problem of slow golf tournaments interferring with the start of CFL games. And maybe we'll get to see some CIS games.

Being in the USA and given ESPN's contract with the CFL to air their games over their networks, this doesn't affect me directly with ESPN3 feeds available, but TSN had probably better make those feeds available to Shaw and Telus customers if they want to make it worthwhile.  No reason Rogers and Bell should be monopolizing them.  I've heard about this in my checking of the TSN site for news.

TSN lost hockey so why do they need 5 specialty channels? Is this the beginning of PPV for the CFL as they'd put the CFL on say, TSN 5? 

You absolutely *NEED* one channel dedicated to lumberjack / strongman competitions .. simply not enough time in the day for that sort of stuff.

you mean to say you don't enjoy watching some huge guy do a hundred yard dash pushing a wheel barrow with a car engine in it? What's wrong with you?

I vote for Australian lawn darts championships and international tiddly-winks.

I vote for the Irish sport of hurling, (not the one caused by drinking) 

TSN lost hockey so why do they need 5 specialty channels? Is this the beginning of PPV for the CFL as they'd put the CFL on say, TSN 5? 

You absolutely *NEED* one channel dedicated to lumberjack / strongman competitions .. simply not enough time in the day for that sort of stuff.

you mean to say you don't enjoy watching some huge guy do a hundred yard dash pushing a wheel barrow with a car engine in it? What's wrong with you?

I vote for Australian lawn darts championships and international tiddly-winks.

I vote for the Irish sport of hurling, (not the one caused by drinking) 

I'm hoping for some good caber toss competitions. Och, there's nothing like a buff guy in a kilt.