Interview With The Bombers

Logan007

Yesterday's interview:

http://www.bluebombers.com/video/index/id/86345?autostart=true

Crowton had the audacity to say it was our receivers who were getting beaten by the other teams DB's.  What game was he watching?  Because I saw many times where our receivers were wide open and Buck was just standing there.  I'm not saying Buck is the whole problem, but he's at least 75% of our offensive problems.  Not once did Crowton or Burke talk about Buck's bad play.  Well, Burke kind of mentioned it, but nothing specific.

were you at the game? its pretty hard to see receivers and the QB at the same time TV unless the receiver is in the flat or something.

I don't know about deep balls, but you could see plenty of receivers open in the intermediate portions of the field over the course of the game.

I don't know about deep balls, but you could see plenty of receivers open in the intermediate portions of the field over the course of the game.

That and instant replays.  They show the different angles of the game and you can see the receivers open...waving their hands in the air...apparently to hail a taxi cab.

Frankly I think you guys are exaggerating a great deal.

I'm not saying that we don't need better from the QB position. I'm not saying there weren't some pretty piss poor overthrows. What I'm saying is that comments about how any other QB in the league backup or otherwise would be doing so much better, or that receivers are wide open all the time and just being ignored is getting silly. There were more than a few contested catches not made by our recievers that we've seen recievers make on other teams. We don't know who is responsible when the ball gets thrown to no one, receivers run the wrong route sometimes.

Give up pretending that there are wide open recievers running around with their arms in the air on every single play and that any highschool kid could make completions to but Buck isn't doing it because "he's just lost it" and that any back up QB in the league could not possibly play anyworse.

The problems on offense run a little deeper than "Buck sucks, replace him"

Frankly I think you guys are exaggerating a great deal.

I'm not saying that we don't need better from the QB position. I'm not saying there weren't some pretty piss poor overthrows. What I'm saying is that comments about how any other QB in the league backup or otherwise would be doing so much better, or that receivers are wide open all the time and just being ignored is getting silly. There were more than a few contested catches not made by our recievers that we've seen recievers make on other teams. We don't know who is responsible when the ball gets thrown to no one, receivers run the wrong route sometimes.

Between your hate on for Kevin Glenn and now defending a less than average quarterback...you're showing how little you really know

Between your hate on for Kevin Glenn and now defending a less than average quarterback...you're showing how little you really know

I don't know if I know much more or less than any of you guys but I'm not the one making a bunch of emotional knee jerk reactions and spouting off a bunch of exaggerations. Frankly I think most of you would do well to take a Midol. 

I don't know if I know much more or less than any of you guys but I'm not the one making a bunch of emotional knee jerk reactions and spouting off a bunch of exaggerations. Frankly I think most of you would do well to take a Midol. 

Now you're really showing how little you know...Midol is for relief of menstrual symtoms...or is that what you take? 

Here's the issue though. I know for a fact that multiple people on this board and myself (before I joined) have been tired of Buck's play for a few years now. It's hardly a knee-jerk reaction. Was this even worse than usual? Yes it certainly was, but it doesn't mean that he's usually much better than this. The receivers may not have been open every play, but intermediate routes were open quite a bit and Buck was firing balls 5 feet over their heads! Secondly, when Buck has 6 seconds or so to throw the ball and gets sacked, it's inexcusable. Throw the damn ball away!

I feel like I've watched that interview over and over for years now.

Buck is terrible at reads, the receivers did make mistakes - and yeah, I guess we do need Edwards to step up and call his own number late in the game..., Sorenson and our interior were not reading the D well at all - its becoming clear that Elliott's faster delivery made our OL 'better' late in the season...

Simpson really had zero protection - aside form his 75 yard run, he was averaging 3.5-4 yards and usually reversing the field when his OL didn't open any holes.  That guy is a monster but we just don't have the OL to help him out.

I actually don't see a lot of positives on the offensive side of things in terms of progress...  I mean for our coaches to say that HAMILTON's DBs beat our receivers...  Something's got to give.

After three years, Mack has managed to give us Mike Kelly's bombers.

The frustrating part was he was out of the pocket on at least 3 sacks and could of easily threw it to the stand but held it and was sacked for a lose. Against the blitz he has to know where the hot reads are. Could you image what Milt and Khari would of done against being blitz all night like that.

Six sacks and zero thrown away says a lot.

and most times as soon as pierce felt the pressure he just turtled. The guy has turned himself into a sitting duck in the pocket, any blitz no matter telegraphed is getting to him and it's absolutely killing the offense and the team. Usually it's the rookie qbs who when you blitz them they can't handle it. Pierce is a god damned veteran and he can't even handle a blitz. 

The frustrating part was he was out of the pocket on at least 3 sacks and could of easily threw it to the stand but held it and was sacked for a lose. Against the blitz he has to know where the hot reads are. Could you image what Milt and Khari would of done against being blitz all night like that.

It's sad to think Khari was our last decent QB (Glenn was alright, but didn't have the career Khari did).  I miss Dave Ritchie too.  :(

yeah if the coaches refuse to pull the guy then we're left hoping for something to force their hand and that's a damned shame.

*cough*....Khalif...do your thing.

Kidding aside, I really don't want to see a person get hurt, I just want him pulled.  At least pull him when he's doing bad.  Let your second or third get some play time and see what they can do.

What's really interesting is how we continue to use the 'no-huddle' offence a fair bit... and then blame miscommunication or missed routes on our lack of production.  I really thought the no-huddle ship had sailed.  Apparently not.