Allouettes neg list Terrelle Pryor

gbill2004

Got a feeling that Winston may choose baseball. Was a 15th round pick coming out of college. He has said he going to stay in school during the winter 2015 semester to play baseball. Although he most likely will be a #1 pick in the NFL there is also a chance he could be a 1st round pick in the MLB draft. If you look at during the length of a pro baseball and pro football career he would probably earn more money in baseball even if he was a middle of the road starter or reliever.

The amount of money guaranteed high MLB picks is about half of what 1st round NFL picks get, plus you're looking at 2-3 years riding buses down I-15, through California, or the midwest and some time riding the bus through one entire half of the continent once you get to AAA.  The signing bonus would be good, but the pay and lifestyle is probably worse than what's he's already used to as a top NCAA athlete.  

I'd do NFL first and fall back on baseball if necessary in his position.  If I was a RB or LB going to get picked in the middle of the NFL Draft vs being a 1st round MLB pick, I'd take MLB.

Got a feeling that Winston may choose baseball. Was a 15th round pick coming out of college. He has said he going to stay in school during the winter 2015 semester to play baseball. Although he most likely will be a #1 pick in the NFL there is also a chance he could be a 1st round pick in the MLB draft. If you look at during the length of a pro baseball and pro football career he would probably earn more money in baseball even if he was a middle of the road starter or reliever.

He's mentioned that he wants to be the next great 2-sport athlete.... trying to be the next Bo or Dion.... also known as a red flag to NFL GMs to not draft a guy who isn't 100% committed to football... if he doesn't change that stance by NFL draft time, baseball will be his only option...