Marwan Hage Retires

Atomic

Ottawa Sun tomorrow : " A red-faced Desjardins pleaded to reporters "It's not my fault he told me he wanted to play, honest"

Seeing Desjardins blow it is kinda satisfying... to review, of the players he drafted in the expansion draft 1 has resigned with his original team (Kohlert), 1 has retired (Hage) and 1 wants out (KG)....

of course the bad part about this is it's basically a guarantee Ottawa takes Lavertu first overall now... :angry:  

I doubt this changes Ottawa's draft strategy since they would have likely known Hage would only play a year, maybe 2 more at most.

Solo wouldn't this accelerate their need for a new center since they don't have one anymore?

Han don't think so. They could either sign another band-aid, hope someone on the roster can step up or hope whoever they draft can step in immediately.

They did take Alex Krausnick in the expansion draft. Injuries hampered him last year and likely led to him being left unprotected in the expansion draft but he did start the 9 games that he was in the roster. 

They did take Alex Krausnick in the expansion draft. Injuries hampered him last year and likely led to him being left unprotected in the expansion draft but he did start the 9 games that he was in the roster. 

I wouldn't want to count on a guy who was considered a downgrade from Justin Sorensen myself.

Ottawa needs help all over that roster, not just on the oline, 2015 is a pretty good year for oline guys too. Maybe AKG is a stop gap until then. Who really knows.

Ottawa might take lavertu, they might not. He might be able to come in and play right away, he might not.

There are no guarantees in the CFL draft.

Who here actually watches the CIS on consistent basis? I dont so really the only thing i know is what i hear and according to the experts, the guys that actually do pay attention to this stuff, sure lavertu is a good one but they are also impressed with foucault and goosen.

Sure ottawa might take lavertu but who knows really, maybe goosen or foucault will be better. Nobody can say for sure that they wont be.

And to be honest, it wouldnt surprise me if ottawa takes a guy noone thinks they would have taken, Gill or even LDT... Sure its far fetched but a few things ottawa has done so far, seems a little strange actually. They might even trade that pick. Who really knows, It wouldnt shock me at all. Ottawa seems to be a little bit of a gong show, kohlert taken, resigns in wpg, hage taken, retires. Glenn takes, wants out. Who really knows what desjardins does. This is the same guy who gave printers a boat load of money so really... nothing is for sure with them at all.

Ottawa needs help all over that roster, not just on the oline, 2015 is a pretty good year for oline guys too. Maybe AKG is a stop gap until then. Who really knows.

Ottawa might take lavertu, they might not. He might be able to come in and play right away, he might not.

There are no guarantees in the CFL draft.

Who here actually watches the CIS on consistent basis? I dont so really the only thing i know is what i hear and according to the experts, the guys that actually do pay attention to this stuff, sure lavertu is a good one but they are also impressed with foucault and goosen.

Sure ottawa might take lavertu but who knows really, maybe goosen or foucault will be better. Nobody can say for sure that they wont be.

And to be honest, it wouldnt surprise me if ottawa takes a guy noone thinks they would have taken, Gill or even LDT... Sure its far fetched but a few things ottawa has done so far, seems a little strange actually. They might even trade that pick. Who really knows, It wouldnt shock me at all. Ottawa seems to be a little bit of a gong show, kohlert taken, resigns in wpg, hage taken, retires. Glenn takes, wants out. Who really knows what desjardins does. This is the same guy who gave printers a boat load of money so really... nothing is for sure with them at all.

I can think of three right off the top who know & follow the draft. Rids writes an annual draft guide that is very in depth. Mike follows CIS & is knowledgeable about the draft as does Juran Bolden Rules. The majority of us don't watch CIS so we rely on them & others in the media to keep us informed as to what players are available & where they may be drafted. Your points on whether these guys will play or not is well taken.

I wouldn't want to count on a guy who was considered a downgrade from Justin Sorensen myself.

Not to nitpick but Edmonton lost Krausnick in the expansion draft two months before signing Sorensen. Not really a direct result of an initial transaction. 

Gord Hinse has previously been the Eskimos starting Center and is a year younger than Sorensen. Brian Ramsey is in tough for the role as the old vet (34 years old) but I suspect that it was Krausnick's injuries more than Sorensen's potential availability that led to him not being protected.