Rumour: Jets/Isles to Deal on Draft Day?

Ladd can be a solid effort guy most nights but in the end he's really just a quality 3rd liner who's parading as a 1st or 2nd liner on a mediocre to awful hockey team.

Average speed, slightly above average hands, grit when he wants to give er, propensity to take cheap penalties for the sake of it, washes off the back check far too early, very average passer, slightly above average wrist shot, below average slapper.

Like many athletes who play here he's got most, if not all the local media wrapped around his finger. 

Did a great job getting Noel fired!

Ladds a good captain.

The problem seems to be fans want to pretend ladd is more then he is, which he isnt.

Ladd isnt gonna wow you or put up huge numbers, but he will be consistent and put up 20-25 goals a year.

Thats really all anyone should expect from Ladd. He's won a few cups and is the right guy to lead this group moving forward.

He just needs other guys like wheeler and the sorts to step up (which he did) and help him out.

Anyways, regarding Kane and the rumors, i hate saying this.. i dont want to believe it but... i think part of the reason he gets so much heat around here is the fact that he's a rich young man who happens to be black. I dont want to believe this, but unfortunately racism does exist. Its plain as day on twitter that it does. Keyboard warriors none the less, its those people tho who help fuel the rumors.

The black card is such a cop out excuse to defend him.

Nobody is hating him for his skin color. Winnipeg is one of the most multi cultural NHL cities.

Nobody hated on Stegall and he's black and was a huge star here in the Peg.

People rag on Kane because he is a moron and makes bad choices constantly. If Scheifele and Trouba were doing dumb **** people would also rag on them.

Nobody is hating him for his skin color. Winnipeg is one of the most multi cultural NHL cities.

People rag on Kane because he is a moron and makes bad choices constantly. If Scheifele and Trouba were doing dumb **** people would also rag on them.

I gotta ask, what makes kane a moron and whata bad choices? a picture of a moneyphone or the rumors on the internet that arent neccesarily  true?

Want to actually give me some proof besides a picture of a moneyphone that makes kane a moron? I think you need to stop believing what you read on the internet so much.

I gotta ask, what makes kane a moron and whata bad choices? a picture of a moneyphone or the rumors on the internet that arent neccesarily true?

Want to actually give me some proof besides a picture of a moneyphone that makes kane a moron? I think you need to stop believing what you read on the internet so much.

Well him skipping out on bills acting like a hot shot, him being knocked out by a team mate for being a ******, the money thing, being charged in BC, being in trouble with the coach etc...

Byfuglien is dark and was charged the other year yet the fans didn't turn on him because he's acted normal since the incident.

Ladd can be a solid effort guy most nights but in the end he's really just a quality 3rd liner who's parading as a 1st or 2nd liner on a mediocre to awful hockey team.

Average speed, slightly above average hands, grit when he wants to give er, propensity to take cheap penalties for the sake of it, washes off the back check far too early, very average passer, slightly above average wrist shot, below average slapper.

Like many athletes who play here he's got most, if not all the local media wrapped around his finger. 

Did a great job getting Noel fired!

I hate to pick on Nate but again I wonder if you watch hockey.  You seem very negative on everything.

As for Ladd, 30 goals puts him in top six in my opinion.  A great team probably has him as the 3rd line LW or *maybe* 2nd line LW.  And thats how the Jets use him.  Kane-Scheif-Wheeler became our top line regardless of how the depth chart was printed.

Ladd is a good leader and captain but maybe not the right leader and captain for a team like the Jets. I have no problem with Ladd.  He's the type of character guy that championship teams have up and down their line up - not flashy but good.

On Kane - I cant say that race doesnt play a part.  Read ANY online story about Kane and the comments contain dispicable racist remarks.  I cant pretend to understand what its like being the victim of that sort of nastiness, especially in a sport that is mostly white.  I do think it was silly of him to play the race card himself but its his card to play and I have no doubt he's been the victim of racism.

With that being said, being a victim isnt an excuse to be a **** nor does it give a pass for bad behaviour.  BUT, Kane is young.  And yes there are young players with lots of money who are perfect gentlemen.  But there are guys who are punks at every level.  Sequin.  Patrick Kane.  Keith Tkachuk.  As I said before, if social media existed before, Tkachuk would have been driven out of town by a mob with fire and pitchforks.

Lots of rumours on Kane.  The truth likely lays in the middle.  I never heard from any reliable source he walked out on a tab.  I *was* told he'd complain until tabs were comped.  A bit different.  I *did* hear about the team mate fight.  But you know what, team mates fight every day of CFL training camp.

If Kane wants to be here, wants to play hard, wants to make an effort, and wants to be a character guy, then I want him here.  We can't be angry at Kane for not being Ladd.  Kane is Kane.  He is expected to be a professional and the Jets made efforts to help him in that regard (brought his dad in at one point I believe).  Jokinen is supposedly a guiding force with him too (according to Lawless, Jokinen was a wild child at Kane's age).

I expect more.  But I also understand humans are humans.  If Kane matures into the type of player and person we expect, then Im not going to call him a piece of crap or anything like that.

Ladd has a great effort level, he's just an average hockey player in every way other than having a great wrist shot.

Disagree. I can accept average. I won't accept players obviously not playing as hard each game. Ladd takes a lot of shifts/games off while others like frolic are charging around 90-100% of the time. Ladd didn't play hard for Noel and his effort level went up quickly when Maurice came on board. He gets paid to play and wears a c as captain. If the captain isn't out there giving it his all, he shouldn't be out there and or should not be captain.

Ladd has a great effort level, he's just an average hockey player in every way other than having a great wrist shot.

Disagree. I can accept average. I can't accept players obviously playing hard each game. Ladd takes a lot of shifts/games off while other like frolic are charging around 90-100% of the time. Ladd didn't play hard for Noel and his effort level went up quickly when Maurice came on board. He gets played to play and wears a c as captain. If the captain isn't out there giving it his all, he shouldn't be out there and or should not be captain.

Ladds a good captain.

The problem seems to be fans want to pretend ladd is more then he is, which he isnt.

Ladd isnt gonna wow you or put up huge numbers, but he will be consistent and put up 20-25 goals a year.

Thats really all anyone should expect from Ladd. He's won a few cups and is the right guy to lead this group moving forward.

He just needs other guys like wheeler and the sorts to step up (which he did) and help him out.

Anyways, regarding Kane and the rumors, i hate saying this.. i dont want to believe it but... i think part of the reason he gets so much heat around here is the fact that he's a rich young man who happens to be black. I dont want to believe this, but unfortunately racism does exist. Its plain as day on twitter that it does. Keyboard warriors none the less, its those people tho who help fuel the rumors.

What use is a captain that doesn't play hard each night or when they are down???

Take his c away and give it to a hard work to lead by example.

I would be happy if they traded ladd

Ladds a good captain.

What use is a captain that doesn't play hard each night or when they are down???

Take his c away and give it to a hard work to lead by example.

I would be happy if they traded ladd

Maurice was just on Dave Naylor's radio show talking about how great of a leader Ladd is. Said he was impressed the way he got them to keep going full out even though they were out of the playoffs, especially the Saturday night game against the Leafs. He also talked about what a great show of leadership it was to voluntarily take the bag skate with his teammates when he could have skipped it due to his injury.

He said the way the leadership group kept this team going at the end of the season was a big part of why he wanted to stay with the Jets. He could have found work elsewhere if he wanted to.

So in summary, Ladd's a terrible captain...

It's always interesting...that the majority of self professed experts, are those who are not in the dressing room, are not part of the team's management, or team coaches!...but apparently know what the coaches don't.

But they watch a lot of hockey...isn't that enough?  

Now the draft lottery is over, how about we make a deal with Floriday?

Kane and the 9th overall pick for Barkov and the first overall pick.  :-)

Florida might have to add another player, maybe a prospect like mike matheson or even a bottom 6 like quinton howden or drew shore. Shore i think would fit in nicely with the bottom 6 here. Is there room on the top 6 here for barkov?

Florida might have to add another player, maybe a prospect like mike matheson or even a bottom 6 like quinton howden or drew shore. Shore i think would fit in nicely with the bottom 6 here. Is there room on the top 6 here for barkov?

1387196569054.jpg

1387196569054.jpg

barkov hasnt really proven anything, kane has. he's a former 30 goal scorer. I gues prospect like barkov (thats what he is still) and a high pick isnt that unreasonable.