Riders get extra home game

saskbluefan

REDBLACKS to host Roughriders at Mosaic Stadium on June 14th, 2014 #Riders #CFL http://www.riderville.com/article/redblacks-to-host-roughriders-at-mosaic-stadium 

Honestly, I'm surprised the Riders are ever required by the league to play on the road.

Gonna be some anxious moments out east come July.  At least we had the old stadium to use in 2012.

no kidding.  Assuming it all works out I actually like the idea of the first game being a real game rather than a preseason tilt.  But to say this far out the stadium won't be ready June 14th but will be ready two or three weeks later is not a good sign.  

Who gets the revenue for the game, Ottawa or Saskatchewan? The game will be a sellout. Unless it's not part of the Riders home games which I can't see. 

I could see Ottawa getting a decent chunk of the gate.  Not sure how much though. 

It shouldn't some as a surprise that Ottawa would be playing their exhibition game on the road.  They already made it clear to the league that they would like their first few games on the road to allow the completion of the stadium.  Mid-July at earliest.

Hamilton's stadium won't be ready until the fall at best.  Book it.

Who gets the revenue for the game, Ottawa or Saskatchewan? The game will be a sellout. Unless it's not part of the Riders home games which I can't see.

It's not part of the Riders season ticket package. We've paid for our tickets before this was ever announced. I can't see it selling out. I would think they may get 25k fans and that's if it's priced decently.

It's not part of the Riders season ticket package. We've paid for our tickets before this was ever announced. I can't see it selling out. I would think they may get 25k fans and that's if it's priced decently.

So, for this game there's a fine line between finishing in the red or in the black?

Can't see Rider fans staying away. Still, how do you market that game if it isn't part of the season ticket package???

The season ticket packages went on sale in November. No one had any idea that Ottawa would need a home for their preseason game then. It really wasn't possible for the Riders to market this into their package unless the Red Blacks and league had the foresight to come to them 5 months ago.

Can't see Rider fans staying away. Still, how do you market that game if it isn't part of the season ticket package???

The season ticket packages went on sale in November. No one had any idea that Ottawa would need a home for their preseason game then. It really wasn't possible for the Riders to market this into their package unless the Red Blacks and league had the foresight to come to them 5 months ago.

It's totally understandable, in what is an unusual situation, to go Sask. with their fan base to garner the optimum turnout.

It does answer the question I had where they would play an exhibition home game, but I didn't figure they would go out of province. 

I was thinking more along the lines of s CIS Ontario based team's home field