Latest Lawless article

IC Khari

How is Ottawa a better choice than Winnipeg?

They have an OC and a QB coach in place... plus Travis Moore is Rec coach - Burris played with him.  Crandell is their QB coach, same age as Burris - probably know each other...

RedBlacks will get a lot of attention - clean slate, will go down in history as their first starter, etc... - lots of media attention.  Winnipeg has run QBs out of town every season for five years now.

Would you rather take snaps from Marwan Hage - a guy you've worked with for two years - or Justin Sorenson - a guy who shouldn't be in the league?

Would you rather be protected by Deane and Eppele or Greaves and Morely...

Man, this is getting depressing.

They have an OC and a QB coach in place... plus Travis Moore is Rec coach - Burris played with him.  Crandell is their QB coach, same age as Burris - probably know each other...

RedBlacks will get a lot of attention - clean slate, will go down in history as their first starter, etc... - lots of media attention.  Winnipeg has run QBs out of town every season for five years now.

Would you rather take snaps from Marwan Hage - a guy you've worked with for two years - or Justin Sorenson - a guy who shouldn't be in the league?

And who exactly is Henry throwing to in Ottawa?

Who is he throwing to here?!

Who is he throwing to here?!

Terence Edwards, Clarence Denmark, Sims Walker, Aaron Kelly, Cory Watson.

Point his, he at least knows who his targets would be here. He has zero idea who he'd be throwing to there.

Point his, he at least knows who his targets would be here. He has zero idea who he'd be throwing to there.

I think MSW's career is over...

The trouble is we likely will still have to field three import and two NI receivers...  so its Akeem Foster-Denmark-Watson-Edwards-Kelly...  Sorry, that is just an 'okay' lineup.

The trouble is we likely will still have to field three import and two NI receivers...  so its Akeem Foster-Denmark-Watson-Edwards-Kelly...  Sorry, that is just an 'okay' lineup.

So given it's just an okay line up (which I don't entirely disagree with) that means a deserving and dynamic rookie won't crack the line up? No one knew who Chris Matthews was before he got here. It's one thing to find one solid receiver, it's quite another to find five. Not saying they are going to field five rooks of course but that's still five spots that need to be filled. I like our chances MUCH better of having a better group of receivers than Ottawa does.

We have an OC. And just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean we haven't hired a QB coach. Markus Howell is our receivers coach and Burris played with him for more seasons than he played with Moore.

I don't think Moore is a guy that would sway a player to sign with one team rather then another.

In regards to Ottawa Burris clearly would be in competition with Glenn and DeMarco and it's pretty clear that Ottawa would give each guy a fair shake .... so his potential to start and his potential to earn those extra incentive dollars are much lower in Ottawa.

It doesn't make sense to me.

So given it's just an okay line up (which I don't entirely disagree with) that means a deserving and dynamic rookie won't crack the line up? No one knew who Chris Matthews was before he got here. It's one thing to find one solid receiver, it's quite another to find five. Not saying they are going to field five rooks of course but that's still five spots that need to be filled. I like our chances MUCH better of having a better group of receivers than Ottawa does.

Honestly, I'm not really arguing that Ottawa has great receivers... and if Matthews comes back or if Neufeld pans out and we can play more imports, I think we have some good guys.

That being said, Lavoie is a top-notch Canadian...  if they keep, Kohlert - he also has good NI talent.  We liked Wallace Miles before he left, Mitchell has upside...  something could materialize.  Plus Chevon Walker is no slouch out of the backfield.

Just sayin', I don't think receiving core is a real deciding factor between Ottawa and Winnipeg...

But their OL and OL depth is already better than ours.  I mean we actually only have one Centre under contract right now... Chris Kowalczuk.  Yikes.

A touch on the Harsh side. :)

How was Hamilton the better choice for Collaros ?

How wasn't Hamilton a better choice? Minus the offensive line the Ti-Cats have every advantage on us on offence, including their coach. Hamilton is ready to win now, we are not. Hamilton also offered the stronger contract.

The only way I can agree with you is to think that it must be an off season from hell if we're whining about NOT getting Henry Burris.

Marcel Bellefeuille coming back. Rich Stubler signs with the Stamps, Gary Etcheverry becomes our Defensive Coordinator, Zack Collaros signs with the Ti Cats.  Said it was a "no brainer" & now Hank may sign in Ottawa. Like I said, the off season from Hell. Wow. 

The only way I can agree with you is to think that it must be an off season from hell if we're whining about NOT getting Henry Burris.

Marcel Bellefeuille coming back. Rich Stubler signs with the Stamps, Gary Etcheverry becomes our Defensive Coordinator, Zack Collaros signs with the Ti Cats.  Said it was a "no brainer" & now Hank may sign in Ottawa. Like I said, the off season from Hell. Wow. 

If we lose Henoc Muamba I'll agree with you.

Thought this was a very well balanced article .. the last part underscores my viewpoint on this whole mess:

This week will be a big one for the Bombers. Either way. They’ll either get Burris and be immediately better for it. Or they won’t and we’ll know the team is in good hands. Hands strong enough to say no to a bad deal and believe that they will secure the future through scouting, discipline and execution. One great player is great. But every player has an expiry date.

A competent front office is the present and the future secured. That’s what Bombers fans should really want.

If we lose Henoc Muamba I'll agree with you.

Muamba signing or not, still a disaster of an off season.

How was Hamilton the better choice for Collaros ?

How wasn't Hamilton a better choice? Minus the offensive line the Ti-Cats have every advantage on us on offence, including their coach. Hamilton is ready to win now, we are not. Hamilton also offered the stronger contract.

I thought the Bombers offered the better contract ?

In either case Hamilton was the better option for Collaros and maybe Burris thinks Ottawa is the better option and that they'll have a better stadium than IGF.

Point is every CFL team is a better option than Winnipeg right now.

I'm pretty sure stadiums don't really impact a players decision. Unless its a complete stink hole.

Agreed, was referring to Collaros' comment about THF being better than IGF, maybe Hank feels the same about TD PLACE.

I'm being sarcastic obviously.