Depth Chart Vs. Hamilton

Atomic

It was in 1962.  We won the Cup that year, then didn't win it again until 1984.  Man that was a long drought.  Not sure how the fans put up with it.

It may have been 22 years back then but at about Year 19 we knew we were close as we were one of the best teams in the CFL every year. Back then, the Bombers didn't cut corners with the organization. It was all about winning & from 1984 to 90 we won three times. We won a helluva lot of games between 1980 & 93.

It may have been 22 years back then but at about Year 19 we knew we were close as we were one of the best teams in the CFL every year. Back then, the Bombers didn't cut corners with the organization. It was all about winning & from 1984 to 90 we won three times. We won a helluva lot of games between 1980 & 93.

I agree.  The only reason we didn't win one earlier than 1984 was due to the Eskimos being basically unbeatable with Warren Moon as their QB between 1978-83, who was only playing in the CFL because those stupid rednecks wouldn't let him play QB in the NFL.  It would be on par with trying to beat the Lions today if they had RGIII.

Purely by accident I was at the Seahawks game last year where they honoured Warren Moon.  That was cool.

Sherman get's to try out being halfback :Z

That's a dumb move if true. We should give Markett reps there IMO. Start Marshall and brown on the corners... If Markett is going to be our DI, we should start developing him in areas other than corner IMO

I agree.  The only reason we didn't win one earlier than 1984 was due to the Eskimos being basically unbeatable with Warren Moon as their QB between 1978-83, who was only playing in the CFL because those stupid rednecks wouldn't let him play QB in the NFL.  It would be on par with trying to beat the Lions today if they had RGIII.

Purely by accident I was at the Seahawks game last year where they honoured Warren Moon.  That was cool.

'preciate you guys getting rid of Moon in '83 for us then promptly bowing out to the Leos ;)

after losing a heartbreaker in the GC in '82 to the Esks, 10 year old bluto couldn't have beared it happening again the following season.

Remember the 83 Western Final, KBF? We were beating the Lions in the second quarter.Then Tom Clements goes out with a broken collarbone. The Lions get a second wind & beat us 39-21. I think the score was 14-3 mid second quarter for us when Clements went down.

I'm actually now reading the late former BC Lions GM Bob Ackles book, "The Water Boy". He talks about how the Bombers beat the Lions in the 84 Western Final & said in his book that if BC qb  Roy Dewalt had been healthy... (he was injured & couldn't play the game)... the Lions would have beaten the Bombers.

Of course in his book, Ackles never mentioned that in 1983, Clements was having a huge game for the Bombers in the Western Final. Tom was killing the Lions throwing the football  in the quarter & a little bit more that he played in that game... and losing Clements was a killer for us... as John Hufnagel couldn't rally the  troops after Clements went out of the game. We lost our leader & the team couldn't hold the lead or come back when the Lions went ahead. So, the 1984 Western Final at BC Plave was all about redemption & with Dewalt out for the Lions it was sweet revenge as now the shoe was clearly on the other foot this time.

To Ackles though, beating the Bombers without Clements was inconsequential in the huge team victory for the Lions  that day in 1983. He never acknoledged that losing Clements was a crippling blow for the Bombers. But losing Dewalt in 1984? It was a game breaker in his opinion &  the only reason BC lost to us a year later. Funny how that works.

what I remember most was that the Bombers said in the 1983 final that they couldn't hear anything because it was so loud (83 was the first year for BC Place, so no teams were prepared for the noise), so in 84 they used some kind of special ear plugs and practiced with loud crowd noise to counter-act the noise.  1984 was a totally different game.  Of course it helped that Clements could actually play that game.  Clements had a habit of getting injured a lot too.  He played the Grey Cup game almost completely numb from the Novocaine shots as he had some seriously damaged ribs.

That's a dumb move if true. We should give Markett reps there IMO. Start Marshall and brown on the corners... If Markett is going to be our DI, we should start developing him in areas other than corner IMO

Nah I was joking... I have no clue who is going to play halfback

what I remember most was that the Bombers said in the 1983 final that they couldn't hear anything because it was so loud (83 was the first year for BC Place, so no teams were prepared for the noise), so in 84 they used some kind of special ear plugs and practiced with loud crowd noise to counter-act the noise.  1984 was a totally different game.  Of course it helped that Clements could actually play that game.  Clements had a habit of getting injured a lot too.  He played the Grey Cup game almost completely numb from the Novocaine shots as he had some seriously damaged ribs.

Yes, the noise was a factor the first few years the Lions played at BC Place.... I don't think any team evr got used to it. They just had to cope with it.

Yes, the noise was a factor the first few years the Lions played at BC Place.... I don't think any team evr got used to it. They just had to cope with it.

I am hoping that's how IGF is going to be this year - so loud that teams can't deal with it on offense.  The 13th man could be a real weapon.  If the fans actually get to their seats.