Tim Burke show tonight

Okay, let me approach this in a different way then.

Woodruff was a pending FA last year. He plays the same position as Patrick Neufeld and we already know this management team (Walters included) had Neufeld as their #1 target last year. We now have Neufeld. Why would we target Woodruff?

I know you're likely just being stubborn on purpose, but don't you think it's a lot more likely that he'd mention a guy who is a pending free agent and a player at a position of need than a guy who we didn't rank over a player we have already acquired last year?

Okay, let me approach this in a different way then.

Woodruff was a pending FA last year. He plays the same position as Patrick Neufeld and we already know this management team (Walters included) had Neufeld as their #1 target last year. We now have Neufeld. Why would we target Woodruff?

I know you're likely just being stubborn on purpose, but don't you think it's a lot more likely that he'd mention a guy who is a pending free agent and a player at a position of need than a guy who we didn't rank over a player we have already acquired last year?

Neufeld plays tackle and Woodruff plays guard.  Plus NI OL depth is never a bad thing to have.  We need 7-8 good OLs at a minimum. 

For those of us who didn't listen last night, what was said about 3 NI OL??

Burke said that Bomber management has identified 3 non-import OLs that they will be targeting this offseason, via trade or free agency. He said one of them has been out all season with a concussion.

I'm pretty sure he said is there are 3 NI OL who will be FA's this offseason, plus others who they will pursue through trades. That difference in wording is why I'm pretty certain Mike is right about Tsoumpas being the guy with a concussion that Burke was referring to. He referred to a guy who was out all year with a concussion while he was talking about potential FA's.

Man....anyone who is suicidal or has some serious personality issues shouldn't listen in...man is this depressing.  Burke actually admitted that "deep down" he knew that they were a bad team after the second game of the year.  So he knew they were going to suck, and did nothing....sigh...

Bob just said that Burke has one year left on his contract and has not heard from management as to what is going on.

Wow, seriously, wow, if I'm a quality player who wants to be part of close-knit team and after hearing Burke's ongoing comments about 'talent defiencies, being bad etc.' why on earth would I want to here? The head coach ultimately sets the tone in the locker room and by his own words, he has failed miserably. I'm not suggesting there wern't bad players and talent defiencies, every team is met with that challenge for sure.  I like his honesty, his humor, I always have, but I don't like his suttle and not so suttle 'throw under the bus' comments that are piling up. He isn't only jeopardizing his existing job, he's jeopardizing getting another job imo. Positive, challenging, supporting culture is huge in football, in any sport, in any profession and Burke is demonstrating that he is extremely weak in this area. Huge red flags if I'm thinking of hiring him. He needs to make adjustments quickly to repair/strengthen his reputation. Just some friendly non-solicited advice from me to him.  

Burke said that Bomber management has identified 3 non-import OLs that they will be targeting this offseason, via trade or free agency. He said one of them has been out all season with a concussion.

I'm pretty sure he said is there are 3 NI OL who will be FA's this offseason, plus others who they will pursue through trades. That difference in wording is why I'm pretty certain Mike is right about Tsoumpas being the guy with a concussion that Burke was referring to. He referred to a guy who was out all year with a concussion while he was talking about potential FA's.

That's possible, except for the fact that Tsoumpas played 6 games this season.

Like I said, you need to stop taking comments so literally.

What did you want Burke to say during what is supposed to be a casual radio show. "Well we are targeting a specific young gentleman who missed all but 183 minutes of playing time this year."

"He's been out all year" is basically just a general summary comment, it's not meant to be taken as a 100% accurate literal statement.

You could be right, but the point you're trying to make is off.

yeah with the way Burke generalizes I have no doubt he was referring to Tsoumpas.  I also don't see how Burke saying they are interested in some free agents could be seen as tampering - unless they are contacting the players directly and talking to them, kind of like Edmonton was doing last year with Reilly.

What did you want Burke to say during what is supposed to be a casual radio show. "Well we are targeting a specific young gentleman who missed all but 183 minutes of playing time this year."

"He's been out all year" is basically just a general summary comment, it's not meant to be taken as a 100% accurate literal statement.

No it's not. It's clear you don't like when anyone disagrees with you and you always have to be right (in your mind at least) so we'll leave it at that.

No it's not. It's clear you don't like when anyone disagrees with you and you always have to be right (in your mind at least) so we'll leave it at that.

Okay, so let's compare arguments.

The comment is made that we are going to be targeting a lineman who suffered a concussion and missed "all year"

My suggestion is that we're going to targeting a guy who DOESN'T have a contract and suffered a concussion.

Your suggestion is that we're going to target a guy who DOES have a contract and suffered a concussion and you also include, as support for your suggestion, the fact that my guy didn't miss LITERALLY all year.

This is why it's so ridiculous when fans take what a coach says on any level as gospel. Have you ever heard Burke talk? He's SO casual. As much as I dislike Burke, it's far more likely that the term "all year" was not meant to be taken extremely literally than it is that he'd openly admit to targeting a player with a contract to play for another team.

I don't even know why I'm arguing this, it's probably the most ridiculous argument I've ever engaged in.

yeah with the way Burke generalizes I have no doubt he was referring to Tsoumpas.  I also don't see how Burke saying they are interested in some free agents could be seen as tampering - unless they are contacting the players directly and talking to them, kind of like Edmonton was doing last year with Reilly.

Odell Willis magically under contract at 12.01.

Okay, so let's compare arguments.

The comment is made that we are going to be targeting a lineman who suffered a concussion and missed "all year"

My suggestion is that we're going to targeting a guy who DOESN'T have a contract and suffered a concussion.

Your suggestion is that we're going to target a guy who DOES have a contract and suffered a concussion and you also include, as support for your suggestion, the fact that my guy didn't miss LITERALLY all year.

This is why it's so ridiculous when fans take what a coach says on any level as gospel. Have you ever heard Burke talk? He's SO casual. As much as I dislike Burke, it's far more likely that the term "all year" was not meant to be taken extremely literally than it is that he'd openly admit to targeting a player with a contract to play for another team.

I don't even know why I'm arguing this, it's probably the most ridiculous argument I've ever engaged in.

Or Burke may actually have believed Tsoumpas has been out for the entire season without actually checking to see if that was the case. ;)

Being  here in Calgary & seeing Tsoumpas play, I strongly believe that he is the true anchor on that OL & there's no way that Calgary trades him to the Bombers. When Tsoumpas was healthy, he & Dan Federkeill dominated on the right side of that line. I'd be shocked if Calgary let him get away. To me, there are very few dominant players on the OL like Tsoumpas. No matter what Calgary did, they'd never make up for the loss of that guy. Even though the Stamps have gone 14-4 & plugged in & played other guys all over the team losing Dmitri Tsoumpas was a huge blow to their team.

Calgary is not prepared to pay Tsoumpas the kind of money Sask overpaid LaBatte. They operate on a scaled down version of the NFL. Certain positions dictate a certain salary scale. They believe that you stay within that scale. That was why they let Archibald go to BC.

So they may let the bidding war win out for Tsoumpas.

Being  here in Calgary & seeing Tsoumpas play, I strongly believe that he is the true anchor on that OL & there's no way that Calgary trades him to the Bombers. When Tsoumpas was healthy, he & Dan Federkeill dominated on the right side of that line. I'd be shocked if Calgary let him get away. To me, there are very few dominant players on the OL like Tsoumpas. No matter what Calgary did, they'd never make up for the loss of that guy. Even though the Stamps have gone 14-4 & plugged in & played other guys all over the team losing Dmitri Tsoumpas was a huge blow to their team.

He's a pending free agent.

I agree Calgary would not trade him but would they be able to resign him?

IMO if he stays in Calgary it's b/c he's willing to take less money to be there. I have to believe both us & Edm. will be throwing big money around in FA for OL.

He'd be a priority signing. Yes, I believe they would.