This Shitty Season vs Previous Shitty Seasons

Noeller

Actually, all we need is the right GM. He'll provide everything else...

Agreed, I just do not have a lot of faith in this happening.

I have a feeling we may not bring in anyone at all.........   

"After an exhaustive search that included some of the top names in CFL, NFL, CIS, and NCAA ranks, I realized that the best candidate to lead the Bombers back into Grey Cup contention was right with us all along: Kyle Walters."

It's Miller time!

Is that like time to get drunk? People continue to complain about scouting? What talent area do you think we were lacking in? Don Mathews mantra...but players in a situation to be successful. That was a problem. You can't call Canadian talent a scouting problem. That was a GM draft choice issue. He continued to ignore draft input and recommendations from Dyce, Hodgkinson and Walters. That was the problem with scouting there.

Is that like time to get drunk? People continue to complain about scouting? What talent area do you think we were lacking in? Don Mathews mantra...but players in a situation to be successful. That was a problem. You can't call Canadian talent a scouting problem. That was a GM draft choice issue. He continued to ignore draft input and recommendations from Dyce, Hodgkinson and Walters. That was the problem with scouting there.

To me, that's like saying po-tay-toes or po-ta-toes. Our Canadian talent & depth is the worst in the CFL. That's on scouting & selections so there was a huge problem. It HAS to get better.

Don't blame scouting for bad selections. You put recommendations on the table and the GM asks for a bowl of crap.

Obviously Mack had no confidence in Walters giving him input into the selections. What was the point of having a guy dedicated to the CIS & not listen to him? My gawd. Yeah, great job Joe for ********* this team over for the next 3 years, you useless piece of crap.

Proof is in the pudding by the team he built, I believe. I know the Edem story has made the rounds & from what I understand actually happened. Denying it would be like saying Rob Ford doesn't eat too much.

I guess this would be a good time to mention that if Mack always listened to Walters, we'd have Edem and Pasztor over Mulumba and Pencer but we'd also have Mitchell over Muamba.

Proof is in the pudding by the team he built, I believe. I know the Edem story has made the rounds & from what I understand actually happened. Denying it would be like saying Rob Ford doesn't eat too much.

I guess this would be a good time to mention that if Mack always listened to Walters, we'd have Edem and Pasztor over Mulumba and Pencer but we'd also have Mitchell over Muamba.

I don't think that Walters was even involved in the Muamba pick, was he? Wasn't he just ST coach at the time?

I don't think that Walters was even involved in the Muamba pick, was he? Wasn't he just ST coach at the time?

Walters was put in charge of the draft when he was first hired in 2010. From the FP in March, 2011:

The road to being prepared to make the first overall pick began last spring when Kyle Walters, the club's special-teams coach and Canadian Draft co-ordinator, began studying the 2011 prospects participating in the 2010 CIS East-West Game.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/coaches-work-hard-to-seal-up-draft-118700434.html

Well we wouldn't really have Pasztor now would we, considering he's the starting right tackle for the Jaguars.

Well we wouldn't really have Pasztor now would we, considering he's the starting right tackle for the Jaguars.

Touche.

wow starting Pasztor must really be messing with the Jaguars' ratio - aren't they only allowed to start 3 Canadians? ;)

most of the "mack didn't listen to walters" stuff comes from the fact that Mulumba is in the NFL and Edem is in the CFL, does that make one pick better than the other necessarily? It seems to me that there was a belief amongst the Bombers management that Mulumba wouldn't really stick in the NFL so they took a gamble on that.