Worst Bomber QBs

Noeller

I'm showing my age here but Nicky Hall was one of the worst Bomber qbs I ever saw play. He wasn't very good. Hall was the qb for the Bombers in 1983 after Dieter Brock refused to report to camp & before we traded Brock to Hamilton for Tom Clements after Labour Day that year.

Whoever says tee martin was this bad needs to gtfo. Not even remotely close to even the top ten worst qbs we seen in the last 20.

Honestly with mechanics and decisions Boltus definitely could be the top spot.

If we are basing it off how much they were paid and expectations then top three would be Austin, Bell and Pierce

Pierce was starting qb in a Grey Cup year, so he's out. Otherwise, for expectations vs performance Austin would be the right choice for the worst of that category.

Last two seasons pierce was garbage

TJ Rubley is the response for people who really don't know that much about the Bombers. It's like people who list "Satisfaction" as the best Rolling Stones song and call themselves "biggest fan ever"...

Depends what argument you're making. He was terrible here. That's pretty hard to argue. Whether or not he's a terrible qb is a different conversation.

The best Stones song is "Gimme Shelter", & it's not close.

The Gimmee Shelter part absolutely right!!

For all the hype he got at the time for being "the best backup QB in the league" at the time, Pat Barnes sure looked like crap every time he played for us. Brian Stallworth and Bryan Randall also come to mind. Also surprised no one has brought up Stefan LeFors yet.

Why Lefors played perfectly fine , it wasn't his fault that the play calling was the drizzling shits.   Rewatch those old games... the receivers were continually confused on what to do and Lefors made smart throws whenever he could.    

Lefors was a good qb,  just played on the worst O this club has seen even including this year.....   the only difference was in that season after he was hurt and Bishop went in... Kelly at least put out an average typical CFL offense and the team could move the ball and not go games where they could only get 15 yards passing in a half!

If LeFors was just fine, teams would have been more than willing to give him another chance after the season. Yes the offence sucked - He sucked as well.

He retired and said F U to the CFL based on horrible he was treated.  Don't you remember Kelly demanding him to take a pay cut mid season because he was injured  (only after being put in a position of where he was getting hit frequently since the plays kelly designed took forever to develop therefore he had to hold onto the ball very long).  

Lefors was the guy who beat out Jyles (don't care if you think he sucked but he wasn't that bad) and then was traded to Winnipeg for a 1st rounder... the guy was talented.  

Wow, reading this reminds me of how much the Bombers have sucked in the last 15-20 years.

I am actually surprised people still care as much as they do. 

Have a feeling the 'good will' is coming to an end, how many times can they ask the fans to stay with the team for one more re-build??

Best get it right this time, or maybe screwing up one more time is what this team needs so the shake up will be 2 tha Extreeeeme. 

+1 for Casey Bramlet.  Similar level of cluelessness to Boltus.  Mike Quinn stank too.

Sammy Garza would've been a Grey Cup winner for the Bombers if you subtract a couple of Blaise Bryant fumbles that put us in a huge hole early.  He was no star, but in an era where we won Cups with Sean Salisbury and Tom Burgess, he was certainly good enough.

Lefors was a good qb,  just played on the worst O this club has seen even including this year.....   the only difference was in that season after he was hurt and Bishop went in... Kelly at least put out an average typical CFL offense and the team could move the ball and not go games where they could only get 15 yards passing in a half!

His last two games for us, he was playing with a pretty severe injury too -- his shoulder, I think.

Dude got a raw deal.  Was rooting for him to come back into a better situation, but can't blame him for wanting to move on.

If LeFors was just fine, teams would have been more than willing to give him another chance after the season. Yes the offence sucked - He sucked as well.

He retired and said F U to the CFL based on horrible he was treated.  Don't you remember Kelly demanding him to take a pay cut mid season because he was injured  (only after being put in a position of where he was getting hit frequently since the plays kelly designed took forever to develop therefore he had to hold onto the ball very long).  

Lefors was the guy who beat out Jyles (don't care if you think he sucked but he wasn't that bad) and then was traded to Winnipeg for a 1st rounder... the guy was talented.  

Wow - You are so out to lunch with this post I don't know where to start, but I'll try.

Kelly demanding him to take a pay cut has nothing to do with anything here, not sure why it was even brought up.

The offence in that time was not slow developing at all. It relied heavily on playaction and the QB being under centre to make his pre-snap reads - something LeFors was terrible at. Kelly would say this verbatim when people questioned why we didn't use the shotgun which of course changed then the team signed Michael Bishop.

LeFors had more interceptions than touchdowns (8 to 6 to be exact) in 2007 and a completion percentage just above 60 percent in 2007 when Ray was lost for the season with a separated shoulder. Furthermore, LeFors did not win a single game he started in place of Ray. To go even further, the following year Edmonton brought back Jason Maas to be behind Ray even after his debacle in Hamilton because they were so dissatisfied with LeFors. Also, in the five starts LeFors did get in Ray's absence, the team failed to score 20 points three times.

LeFors also was not traded for a first round pick - it was a second round pick, plus a conditional pick.

Lapo & Mack wanted him to come back for 2010 & Lefors said no.

He's a highly successful high school head coach in Texas, I believe. Going to be climbing up the ranks to college & maybe the NFL or CFL.

Boltus honestly has to be up there. The guy is a comedy of errors.

I will say, only in his weak defense that the backup qb gets very few reps & as a result doesn't get the chemistry or familiarity with the other starting 11. Don't believe me? Yeah pretty lame excuse. I agree Boltus is awful.