Head Coach and GM Candidates?

gbill2004

IF they bring back Burke they will have to give away season tickets and they will have to deal with yet another year of purgatory .... it would be an awful move.   Another full year of him throwing everyone under the bus and doing a player roulette hoping that whoever they plug in can do the job.  

Can we please not turn this into a Burke bashing thread and instead re-focus on the topic? Who do you see as HC and GM candidates if Walters and Burke aren't back?

Well, you did kind of set the tone yourself by saying that Burke & Walters will be back...which is pretty unpopular (although very much a possibility). 

Miller and Walters will stay on permanent but Burke will be fired along with Creehan. 

I would assume Dave **** would be on the short list.... though theres no way in hell he'd leave Huffer to join this ship of fools. 

Pains me to say but I think Bellfool will be a front runner. Its the Bomber Way. 

I believe Dickenson would come here as HC if he was also given the GM title (so he could control Walters and all personnel decisions).... yet he is entirely unproven even if he is well heeled

The Peter Principle applies to many HCs & GMs (and especially to Burke) so whether Dickenson has the right stuff (good football judgment & insight plus real leadership) is a big unknown .... Burke reached the top of his game as DC but has been proven capable of no more

Our league is filled with assistant coaches and coordinators who were incapable of being the top dog (i.e. HC) .... good leaders at the top are rare ... so lets not get our expectations too high

my wish list  :)

GM: Kyle Walters

HC: Rich Campbell 

Asst HC/Receivers: Bob Dyce

OC: Khari Jones

QB: Buck Pierce

OL: Bob Wylie

DC/DB: Kavis Reed

LB: Casey Creehan

DL: Mark Nelson

ST: Craig Dickenson

Asst ST: Markus Howell

seems like a hodgepodge of nice guys, bomber alumni and question marks.

so of course, this will be the final staff.

Yeeeeesh, that's an atrocious list of "we didn't even bother trying..." Need a lot more experience, and a lot less "these were the cheapest guys that were actually willing to come to Winnipeg". Time to open the bank and pay the right people whatever they need to come here.

my wish list :)

Agreed. Aside from Walters and Dickenson, this is a terrible list.

I'm pretty sure it was all tongue in cheek. 

At least I hope it was.

No, aside from Dickenson that is a terrible list. 

Mark my words, we will NOT win a Grey Cup with Walters running things. 

This team needs and entire reboot in attitude and ideology. It needs a proven winner. That's not Walters, at least not right now. 

As sad as the above list is, I can pretty much guarantee we will see a lot of those names (except Rick C will be HC of the Esks).

Could see us giving the headset to Khari. Yippee. 

"And is that GM going to be Kyle Walters, who is currently in the interim role? There are rumblings acting CEO Wade Miller will look for someone else to be the GM,"

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/10/20/bombers-need-extreme-makeover-not-just-a-touchup

It goes on to say that Walters can go back to being the Canadian scout if the GM would agree to that work arrangement. That would allow Walters to learn more over a longer period of time.

This sounds about right to me.

"And is that GM going to be Kyle Walters, who is currently in the interim role? There are rumblings acting CEO Wade Miller will look for someone else to be the GM,"

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/10/20/bombers-need-extreme-makeover-not-just-a-touchup

It goes on to say that Walters can go back to being the Canadian scout if the GM would agree to that work arrangement. That would allow Walters to learn more over a longer period of time.

This sounds about right to me.

Sure. Hope it works out that way. 

I'm doubtful. 

No, aside from Dickenson that is a terrible list. 

Mark my words, we will NOT win a Grey Cup with Walters running things. 

This team needs and entire reboot in attitude and ideology. It needs a proven winner. That's not Walters, at least not right now. 

As sad as the above list is, I can pretty much guarantee we will see a lot of those names (except Rick C will be HC of the Esks).

Could see us giving the headset to Khari. Yippee. 

Correct, there in lies the 64 dollar question. Who would be the best to lead that type of challenging endeavor for our WBB? 

From a head coach/coaching staff point of view, Tim Burke comes across to me as a nice genuine guy but I don't think he has the necessary skill set to lead this type of thing in the lockeroom.

He may know his x and o's but seems quite befuddled when it comes to the complexties od culture shaping and maintaining.

And as many posters have said before, the moment he said our team has talent defiencies was the moment that confirmed this for me. Yes it's true but true for most other teams as well. The timing, optics and how it was said was brutal.

How about giving Rich Stubler or George Cortez an interview for upcoming vacant coaching positions, i.e., basically for any position as our existing coaching staff will be let go at some point during the off season.

As for Kyle Walters, he's a hard one to gauge. I would first look at the Asst GM's of other teams and out of work GM's and work from there. If I'm Wade Miller, I'm doing a whole lot of interviewing to maximize us getting this right. 

As with GM, I think we're at a real serious point in the franchise where we can't screw around with another "potential" guy. I would really like to hire someone who's as close to a "sure thing" as possible. But as a lot of us has said from the very beginning, hire the right GM, and everything else will work itself out...