Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bombers-Lions Early Chat

CFL.ca
No image preview

Report: Lions expected to start quarterback Kaidon Salter...

According to a report from TSN's Farhan Lalji, the BC Lions are expected to start Kaidon Salter at quarterback on Thursday night.

Edited by rebusrankin

  • Replies 84
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Giving up 52 points and then making zero changes to the starting defense tells me everything I need to know.

  • bigg jay
    bigg jay

    I'm really hoping that Vanterpool can get the job done and that then Broxton can be moved to LT but I have zero faith that they'd make that move in-season.

  • JuranBoldenRules
    JuranBoldenRules

    Moxey is playing field corner. If the guy in that spot is a net negative and it's not a spot you're trying to hide a Canadian (Matt Bucknor), that should be just about the easiest change to make on th

Featured Replies

There are no replacements around.

Could we change the roster a bit and start a bunch of rookies? Sure but that’s not how Osh or younger role. They both love their washed vets. Ppl pretending like Osh hasn’t been around 10 plus years and is all of a sudden gonna change is hilarious. Replace the washed vets?? For sure. With who

Go look at the roster and tell me. Who.

Eli for Elsbury? Eli sucks. I think it’s time the few of you pretending college was last year for him stop. It’s 8 9 years ago now. Full stop there.

Kyrie? Jones? Holm? Nichols? Moxey.

Who do you replace them with? Nobody is here. Our PR use is ridiculous.

DL has been ok so they are fine.

1 vet on O has sucked big Stan he’s been bad since game 1 accept he’s onli being replaced when he says he retires or KW doesn’t sign him and you will be better off

O biggest problem is the guy calling plays

Edited by Goalie

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Woodbey is a change to the D. Honestly what changes are ppl expecting. These guys just gonna be signed and play cuz they don’t exist on the PR do they. No they do not. Vets like holm Nichols and Moxey? All missed multiple tackles last week. Who you replace them with? Pr don’t got 2 DBs nm 3 plus lbs plus DL plus a receiver over 6 feet. To replace guys you need replacements around to step in. JSK prob an improvement at lb but injured. Kramdi injured. Then we got a whole bunch of nothing.

I don't understand anything you ever ramble about but I guess my question would be "if these guys are practicing with us everyday and the coaches think they are nothing then why are they still here?"

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't understand anything you ever ramble about but I guess my question would be "if these guys are practicing with us everyday and the coaches think they are nothing then why are they still here?"

What guys exactly tho. Have you actually look at our pr? You guys want mass changes. The PR doesn’t allow for what you want cuz the players don’t ******* exist

Our PR is filled with special teamers and Joey fn Corcoran.

Edited by Goalie

58 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Woodbey and Vanterpool in are good... If Vanterpool is solid at RT, I have no idea how the team can justify continuing to trot out Bryant when two significantly better options exist... If Elsbury continues to be average at C and the team wants Eli for the TE role... why not play Vibert at C?... Which would open up an import spot for a receiver...

Can't use Tui at C after last week. What a fiasco that was.

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What guys exactly tho. Have you actually look at our pr? You guys want mass changes. The PR doesn’t allow for what you want cuz the players don’t ******* exist

Our PR is filled with special teamers and Joey fn Corcoran.

No ****. Guys on here rambling on about significant changes. We don't have the horses. It's plain and simple. The guys who need replacing have exactly zero behind them.

Moxey is playing field corner. If the guy in that spot is a net negative and it's not a spot you're trying to hide a Canadian (Matt Bucknor), that should be just about the easiest change to make on the entire roster.

Moxey is a massive net negative towards winning. He hasn't made a single play this season other than a couple knockdowns late in games when we were already blown out. He's actively running away from making plays and bringing less than nothing. The effort level is embarrassing to watch as someone invested lifelong in this franchise. It's one thing to get beat, it's another to just visibly not give a damn or not want to compete. Hey there's a time when everyone is done. Get into coaching.

We have 2 DB's on PR, 1 "LB."

Make a move directly, Texada in at field corner for Moxey.

Shift guys around. Put Nichols out there. He's clearly not up to moving/thinking fast enough anymore to playing boundary half, but I get he adds the vet presence, so stick him out at the field where he can isolate more on one guy and play downhill. Put Griffin at half, give more reps to Smith/Woodbey on D. Incorporate Vaval into some packages out there on D.

We have a metric **** TON of players on D on this team. We have 24 guys dressed on the D side of the ledger for 12 on the field at a time. We need to play the guys who want to be out there, who will compete and execute.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

D has been bad for 7 games. Only time they weren’t was when we hurt BLM. When the entire D sucks, it’s prob not just 1 guy or 2 or 3 even, it’s likely scheme and coaching. I’m not convinced different players would make that much of a difference. I’m not a fan of Tony Jones, think he’s awful but last season even , he was noticeably making tackles. He’s not near the ball this year. Nichols appears to be thinking instead of reacting. Holm has been bad. Moxey is a bust. Williams a rookie shows promise. Doesn’t miss tackles at the very least. But the d looks like they are in a constant state of mass confusion. And you want to replace a whole lotta lotta them with rookies? Yikes. Until younger simplifies things, things gonna be ugly.

Part of me hopes the BC qb lights us up, because I know if he don’t, the bombers will have a false sense of hope and think hey stick with the process. Cuz it’s working. 5 and 3. 5 and 3 with Ottawa coming to town so likely 6 and 3 half way. Stick with the process. Rookie lights our D up? Better see changes.

I’d love to see changes. Huge changes.

I think the d tho starts with younger. Simplify or F off.

Big Stan out?? You bet. He’s awful.

Moxey for Tejada? Why not right. It can’t be worse. I don’t get the Moxey getting this long of a rope thing. Bombers were kinda quick to move on when FA signings didn’t pan out.

Edited by Goalie

26 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Woodbey is a change to the D. Honestly what changes are ppl expecting. These guys just gonna be signed and play cuz they don’t exist on the PR do they. No they do not. Vets like holm Nichols and Moxey? All missed multiple tackles last week. Who you replace them with? Pr don’t got 2 DBs nm 3 plus lbs plus DL plus a receiver over 6 feet. To replace guys you need replacements around to step in. JSK prob an improvement at lb but injured. Kramdi injured. Then we got a whole bunch of nothing.

You can't make dramatic, full scale changes at this time but there are some options... on D I'd bring in Texada or keep on Jackson (whoever they like better at corner) and bench Moxey... or you could play Smith full time and rotate in Shay and play Texada at corner and Jackson at S... either way I would like to see Moxey off... on O, you might as well try Vibert at C and start Singer at the 4/5 WR spot... OL has been average or worse, which is unacceptable when you're starting 3 Americans.

46 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I'm really hoping that Vanterpool can get the job done and that then Broxton can be moved to LT but I have zero faith that they'd make that move in-season.

I wish I could disagree with you... but I fully expect the same

We all know they won’t do **** until maybe a bye week. Maybe. Maybe. Even then, we have 10 plus years of riding vets until the wheels fall off.

Why would that change now. ??

Our next bye after Ottawa tho right?

Could be 6 and 3 then. Prob should be.

Edited by Goalie

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Moxey is playing field corner. If the guy in that spot is a net negative and it's not a spot you're trying to hide a Canadian (Matt Bucknor), that should be just about the easiest change to make on the entire roster.

Moxey is a massive net negative towards winning. He hasn't made a single play this season other than a couple knockdowns late in games when we were already blown out. He's actively running away from making plays and bringing less than nothing. The effort level is embarrassing to watch as someone invested lifelong in this franchise. It's one thing to get beat, it's another to just visibly not give a damn or not want to compete. Hey there's a time when everyone is done. Get into coaching.

We have 2 DB's on PR, 1 "LB."

Make a move directly, Texada in at field corner for Moxey.

Shift guys around. Put Nichols out there. He's clearly not up to moving/thinking fast enough anymore to playing boundary half, but I get he adds the vet presence, so stick him out at the field where he can isolate more on one guy and play downhill. Put Griffin at half, give more reps to Smith/Woodbey on D. Incorporate Vaval into some packages out there on D.

We have a metric **** TON of players on D on this team. We have 24 guys dressed on the D side of the ledger for 12 on the field at a time. We need to play the guys who want to be out there, who will compete and execute.

Thing is we are playing just about every guy we dress on D. Younger has been rotating these guys more than a tilt a whirl at the Red River Ex. Maybe that's the problem. I agree on Moxey, and he has been a net negative. People expecting that move to move the needle on our season are going to be disappointed though. The best substitution we can make is putting RIchie Hall in for Jordan Younger but I don't see it happening.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Thing is we are playing just about every guy we dress on D. Younger has been rotating these guys more than a tilt a whirl at the Red River Ex. Maybe that's the problem. I agree on Moxey, and he has been a net negative. People expecting that move to move the needle on our season are going to be disappointed though. The best substitution we can make is putting RIchie Hall in for Jordan Younger but I don't see it happening.

Mass confusion on almost every D snap. Our guys are thinking 2 much.

21 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Can't use Tui at C after last week. What a fiasco that was.

I agree... which is why I suggested starting Vibert at C...

Just now, bearpants said:

I agree... which is why I suggested starting Vibert at C...

Is he dressing at least? If not step 1 is dressing for Eli. Step 2 is getting live reps.

Eli can dress for Daniels cuz Walters should be fired after that debacle. I’m good with Tui in that TE/extra OL who can catch 5 yard passes and not fumble role.

Edited by Goalie

Just now, GCn20 said:

Thing is we are playing just about every guy we dress on D. Younger has been rotating these guys more than a tilt a whirl at the Red River Ex. Maybe that's the problem. I agree on Moxey, and he has been a net negative. People expecting that move to move the needle on our season are going to be disappointed though. The best substitution we can make is putting RIchie Hall in for Jordan Younger but I don't see it happening.

When a single player is getting 100+ yards passing on his head every week, someone who can make a play or at least staunch the bleeding would be a very big move.

What really turned around the 2019 season from being another meh 2nd-3rd place finish in the West to a team that could actually win the big games?

Gaitor, Hecht, Rios out.

Maston, Taylor, Mike Jones in.

In September/October...Taylor started 4 regular season games, Maston 2, Mike Jones 1. But they dominated all 3 playoff games.

We had a D that made plays at all 3 levels.

2019 was pre covid so that’s like 20 real years ago.

O’Shea don’t care. Walters don’t care.

They did in 2019 but that was in reality a very very long time ago.

Also. lol cuz in reality this is roster management yet again. 10 plus years and thinking things will change is coco nuts.

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

When a single player is getting 100+ yards passing on his head every week, someone who can make a play or at least staunch the bleeding would be a very big move.

What really turned around the 2019 season from being another meh 2nd-3rd place finish in the West to a team that could actually win the big games?

Gaitor, Hecht, Rios out.

Maston, Taylor, Mike Jones in.

In September/October...Taylor started 4 regular season games, Maston 2, Mike Jones 1. But they dominated all 3 playoff games.

We had a D that made plays at all 3 levels.

I'm not disagreeing on the Moxey move but that wouldn't have won us the game last week. Problems are much deeper than that.

I’m a smoker of the cigarettes and green Others indulge in alcohol frequently. Everyone is told it’s bad for you. We all know it is but we do it anyways cuz who the **** really cares, it’s my life

That’s O’Shea with veterans.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I'm not disagreeing on the Moxey move but that wouldn't have won us the game last week. Problems are much deeper than that.

Ppl were talking about our Os identity on the radio after the game. Strevy @DTonOB and Smug Brown.

What the hell is our Ds identity. Can’t stop the run. Can’t stop the pass.

Last week tho I think special teams cost us. 58 yd miss tho so that’s on O’Shea.

  • Author

Interesting fact I learned today, Kaidon Salter is Casey Printers cousin.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Can't use Tui at C after last week. What a fiasco that was.

No ****. Guys on here rambling on about significant changes. We don't have the horses. It's plain and simple. The guys who need replacing have exactly zero behind them.

Significant changes doesn't have to mean quantity. As JBR said, you could literally take Moxey out, give someone else there a try and even just slightly below league average play would be a massive improvement for us. I don't know who is suggesting a TON of changes, I think people are just hoping that we can make the changes that are very very obvious. If they benched Moxey and Bryant, I think that would go a long way.

you have 2 dbs on the PR...Vaval...not a impossible task for if anything to sit a few habitual suckers for a game...Slot Jackson or Vaval at a corner...Texada at a halfback spot...Heck with Woodbey back slot him at SAM and move Griffin to HB...as he prob our best db period...as well as SAM...And look how long it took Osh to figure that out...He didnt all of a sudden learn to play overnight

And people worried about "yeah but Vaval is our returner" well news flash guys can do it just fine...and worrying about injury is just playing trying not to lose...A returner is more likely to get hurt returning than playing WR or DB

That also just makes more sense to scrap the extra Cdn wideout for an Import who has return ability....Hello Singer....As well we could drop the last guy on roster for the Global import and see what he can do on ST and maybe the odd rep here and there where we used Hallet and Kelly to be abused...and if all the above changes dont pan out...or are exposed as not good...then bring in new blood till you find the right mix

People say there no options...but you cant say that until given a chance..and maybe a bit of rope to cut their teeth...lord knows we have given quite a few vets over the yrs more than enough rope...and still couldn't pull the trigger

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I would say the Bombers are desperate after having dropped a 50 plus nothing burger on defense & Brown's 4 interceptions.

I am not sure this lot has the team culture to want to exact revenge for the drubbing they took. No one seemed to get angry afterwards, except maybe Oliviera who grumped a bit.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Significant changes doesn't have to mean quantity. As JBR said, you could literally take Moxey out, give someone else there a try and even just slightly below league average play would be a massive improvement for us. I don't know who is suggesting a TON of changes, I think people are just hoping that we can make the changes that are very very obvious. If they benched Moxey and Bryant, I think that would go a long way.

I agree that we need to really start thinking about parting ways with Moxey. Bryant might be next as well. Just not seeing anything behind them. Dejon Allen is out there, might be worth a look,

4 hours ago, Booch said:

We said/assumed that before...and......................

no doubt...and concerned...Who wants to bet zero changes other than if an injury forced one?

Another tasty nugget to think about...how many backups/unknown QB's in first start have we made look like an all-star with this coaching crew?

I'm not super confident...especially before seeing the depth chart, but sadly I know it will be exact same as last week

With the sad state of affairs in the Lions' roster, the Bombers ought to bumble their way to a victory. No guarantees, though.

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I am not sure this lot has the team culture to want to exact revenge for the drubbing they took. No one seemed to get angry afterwards, except maybe Oliviera who grumped a bit.

Yea, I'm not seeing a lot of pride on our team as well. Locker room leadership might be suspect right now.

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I agree that we need to really start thinking about parting ways with Moxey. Bryant might be next as well. Just not seeing anything behind them. Dejon Allen is out there, might be worth a look,

What would be the downside of Poncius/Vanterpool and then leaving Broxton to go back to LT?

We don't need 37 players to replace 1.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.