3 stars plus HH preseason classic

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

For sure. having the best ol, and coaching in the league has really cemented the next man up process. Marty is a beast and I bet he’s excited about this crop of guys. 
Imagine if manu comes up too lol. Embarrassing for other teams. 

Eli Dobson and Wallace. Almost 1000lbs of beef. 
 I think neuf is in the verge of replacement, but his experience and leader ship for the right side is needed now more than in a very long time. He’s gonna be critical in settling our rt. 

We are in great shape with the interior line and ni depth. 

Two possibilities, Wallace heads back to NFL camps in the off-season for a couple of years, or he hastens the end of Neufeld's playing days as a Bomber.

40 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Two possibilities, Wallace heads back to NFL camps in the off-season for a couple of years, or he hastens the end of Neufeld's playing days as a Bomber.

Yeah, obviously it’s one pre season game, things could change. But the riders ran starting dl and they have a decent unit. 
 I wouldn’t be surprised if Wallace gets nfl looks after a year starting here and kick around a bit like desjarlais. Dude is clearly far better than was commonly believed. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

100% baffled too. The knock on him was he was raw and needed a good bit of polish, and a lot of his fall was based on weight/speed combination. 

Im sure Marty has done a good bit of work with him. But for progress that fast he probably has really focused on being more sound due to excel at this level. He could get by with ease on size and athleticism in college. Some times increased competition is what a guy needs to hit the next level and some times that happens fast. 

In One of the interviews with him here, he was asked about weight. He said the bombers didnt mention his weights at all. They clearly weren’t concerned with his speed. He said he’s cut down on his own but isn’t going crazy with it. He’s just eating a bit better. Hence the being down about 9-10lbs. I think at 315 ish he’d have elite speed for an interior ol. 

He wasn't even raw.  Raw  would be for a guy who is so athletic, but hasn't played the sport alot.  Brubacher in Hamilton is considered raw.

Edited by CrazyCanuck89

49 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

He wasn't even raw.  Raw  would be for a guy who is so athletic, but hasn't played the sport alot.  Brubacher in Hamilton is considered raw.

Guys can play and be raw, especially big athletic linemen. You can dominate lower levels with little skill and technique just size strength explosiveness. Playing ol at the sub pro level is as much getting in the way of guys. Polish in terms of hand and footwork is rare for ol. 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Guys can play and be raw, especially big athletic linemen. You can dominate lower levels with little skill and technique just size strength explosiveness. Playing ol at the sub pro level is as much getting in the way of guys. Polish in terms of hand and footwork is rare for ol. 

Raw is way overused.  Wallace has been playing football since highschool and has great technique.  That doesn't scream raw.

19 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Raw is way overused.  Wallace has been playing football since highschool and has great technique.  That doesn't scream raw.

He didn’t have by any means great technique in college. He wasn’t playing with near the leverage he did in preseason. 
 Virtually every football player in the pros has been playing since early years. Raw still applies. 

2 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Isn't the concern at 344 a little less about speed and a little more about endurance?  CFL plays ALOT faster than the NFL (w.r.t. time between plays) so big guys can much more easily get gassed.

His weight looked well structured, he ain't no Dan Clark in terms of physique.

22 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

lol yeah it was Kruicks with the carry but they kept saying Jake Kelly.  And they also couldn't seem to figure out who #74 was for the Bombers, despite him having his name on his back.

I wonder if those guys had a spotter working with them?  As far as I understand, the spotter is the guy who identifies the players involved in a play.

Still, very low quality commentary, esp compared to the gold standard of Knuckles. Knuckles was a home broadcaster but he was never a homer.

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

I wonder if those guys had a spotter working with them?  As far as I understand, the spotter is the guy who identifies the players involved in a play.

Still, very low quality commentary, esp compared to the gold standard of Knuckles. Knuckles was a home broadcaster but he was never a homer.

To be fair, there were multiple Bomber players wearing the same number for some reason.

3 hours ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Isn't the concern at 344 a little less about speed and a little more about endurance?  CFL plays ALOT faster than the NFL (w.r.t. time between plays) so big guys can much more easily get gassed.

Not soo much but it is a factor. Heavier sloppy guys will lose more during the game, endurance is more its own thing. I’ve seen big belly guys with surprising motor. 
It does cause injury issues though. All that weight is hard on the joints. The difference in wear with just 20 lbs on the hips knees high ankle low back is extreme. 

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

His weight looked well structured, he ain't no Dan Clark in terms of physique.

he’s got sloppy weight especially on the torso, but he does have a big frame. He doesn’t need to lose massive amounts. Less than 10% total. I think for next years camp he will be pretty close to optimal.