2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I’m fine with taking Hergel but surely you could’ve got him later?

I would’ve loved us to get him 8th or lower. Pretty sure he would’ve gone top half of the second or so. 

Stamps go labrosse? Wow that’s nuts… 

Just now, wbbfan said:

I would’ve loved us to get him 8th or lower. Pretty sure he would’ve gone top half of the second or so. 

I’m pretty sure he was going top five in every situation

gotta be Mital here

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

He’s a top 5 talent but man those question marks are bad ones for an ni 

I’d rather have Hergel maybe than some special teams guy probably

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Calgary resigned to playing 3 American OL.  Probably hoping to start 3 Canadians on D and will be collecting guys to do that...one DB, one LB, one DL.

Don't think teams are too hot on this OL class....at least the guys who will be CFL players.

The cream going down south is head and shoulders above the rest but I think you got 2 good guys north bound for this tc. 

Ferguson can't be as stupid as some of the points he tries to make?

A guy heading into a NFL training camp this year will be in CFL this year?  No ******* chance.  These guys have agents.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

gotta be Mital here

I’d rather have Hergel maybe than some special teams guy probably

Deep draft though.  Sask has basically no Canadian impact players right now.  A couple receivers who can't stay healthy.

Could have taken any number of guys on D or someone like Mital.

Almost unbelievable that Ottawa and Sask would be the teams to grab futures guys this early.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ferguson can't be as stupid as some of the points he tries to make?

A guy heading into a NFL training camp this year will be in CFL this year?  No ******* chance.  These guys have agents.

With the start of the nfl season, rookie Canadians in nfl camps at best will be here shortly before the trade deadline and not likely to do much till the next year. If guys get one pr cheque they won’t be here that year. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

With the start of the nfl season, rookie Canadians in nfl camps at best will be here shortly before the trade deadline and not likely to do much till the next year. If guys get one pr cheque they won’t be here that year. 

Honestly gimme a more talented guy that will be available for 2025

Just now, wbbfan said:

Well he's talking about Jared Wayne who has already spent a full year down south.  Small likelihood he ever ends up in the CFL.  He's already made more than he will on his first CFL contract.  If he can bounce between NFL rosters, PR's etc for 4-5 years he'll make more money than if he had a solid career here for a decade.  

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Honestly gimme a more talented guy that will be available for 2025

There's going to be a lot more guys who never come north with the roster changes in the NFL and the current CBA here.  Think we've already seen that post 2020.

Guys are going to take their run at NFL and move on with their lives sitting on half a million USD.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well he's talking about Jared Wayne who has already spent a full year down south.  Small likelihood he ever ends up in the CFL.  He's already made more than he will on his first CFL contract.  If he can bounce between NFL rosters, PR's etc for 4-5 years he'll make more money than if he had a solid career here for a decade.  

I’m not even watching it. Done with the tsn/online draft. 

id love to see the stats on those guys. One to two full roster deals has to be 90% chance or more they never come up. 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Minimum salary if a player lasts the entire season on an NFL practice squad is $216,000. Do that for two years and its $432,000. Just some numbers to back up what others have been saying about guys sticking it out there.

If you have 2 years of full ish nfl pr time you’re gonna get a couple game day pay days too 

Cats go duguay great get for them