FNF Ti Cats at RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRed Blacks

bustamente

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Yup some top notch defending, that's the second time White has caught a pass with 2 Red Blacks pretending to cover him

‘Pretending to cover him’. As a DB fan, that’s funny ****.

12 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I missed the game to go watch some comedy instead (I figured this game would be a bad joke hyoooo). I see Powell put up some numbers we would have killed for not that long ago, at least in the second half. Was it more Powell doing well or just the RedBlacks being the RedBlacks?

To answer your question, combo.

11 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

I missed the game to go watch some comedy instead (I figured this game would be a bad joke hyoooo). I see Powell put up some numbers we would have killed for not that long ago, at least in the second half. Was it more Powell doing well or just the RedBlacks being the RedBlacks?

Some of both… he played quite well, and Redb secondary was leaky.  (* Already answered)

10 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yea looks like ML has worked on his mental part of the game. 

It would be great to see him succeed. 

Bombers punting game was better with him. 

Edited by Mark F

They were done when they hired Marcel Desjardins & then later Sean Burke. Two guys who never won anything as a GM. Going back to 2013 Expansion Draft, & allowing an expansion team to raid other team's rosters in order to be competitive right from the start doesn't guarantee long term success. Killing one team to help another is stupid & short sighted. As the RedBlacks & the team's fans have found out. The team's record since their inception is 54-96-2. Hiring thw right people to manage, scout & coach are. What a tire fire of disaster that organization is.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They were done when they hired Marcel Desjardins & then later Sean Burke. Two guys who never won anything as a GM. Going back to 2013 Expansion Draft, & allowing an expansion team to raid other team's rosters in order to be competitive right from the start doesn't guarantee long term success. Killing one team to help another is stupid & short sighted. As the RedBlacks & the team's fans have found out. The team's record since their inception is 54-96-2. Hiring thw right people to manage, scout & coach are. What a tire fire of disaster that organization is.

Tbh I get the entry draft. It doesn’t help any one to cripple teams upon entering the league. 
 Personally I would do less picks maybe 3 rounds with more protections for teams with each round. Then maybe clear all but 4-5 neg list names and let the expansion team fill theirs then each team picks from the remainder and fills theirs out. And let them pick an extra time at the end of the first 3 rounds in the draft.  
so first round you could take a back up qb or one imp mid level starter. Then 3rds and back up ni or di then final roster ni imps and futures rights guys in the nfl. 

19 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Tbh I get the entry draft. It doesn’t help any one to cripple teams upon entering the league. 
 Personally I would do less picks maybe 3 rounds with more protections for teams with each round. Then maybe clear all but 4-5 neg list names and let the expansion team fill theirs then each team picks from the remainder and fills theirs out. And let them pick an extra time at the end of the first 3 rounds in the draft.  
so first round you could take a back up qb or one imp mid level starter. Then 3rds and back up ni or di then final roster ni imps and futures rights guys in the nfl. 

If you put good people in place in mgmt & on the sidelines then a team should be able to overcome any expansion deficiencies they may have had especially with free agents coming & going in the CFL like they do. Which is why I hated the way the Expansion Draft was tilted heavily in favour of Ottawa but hurt struggling teams like Winnipeg (3-15 in 2013) & Edmonton (4-14 in 2013).

Look at the Bombers in 2013. Basically a team totally bereft of talent save for a couple of players. We really couldn't afford to lose anyone & yet we were forced to do so. Then forced to draft second behind Ottawa that spring as if there wasn't enough insult added to injury. Still, our new GM & HC were able to build something in the following seasons while the RedBlacks struggled mightily at times. Save for one GC winning season in 2017 with a win over the heavily favoured Stamps.

Since their first game in 2014 & including all games this season the RedBlacks have gone 54-96-1 with one Grey Cup win during the regular season. The Bombers, a team that Marcel Desjardins laughed at during the 2013 Expansion Draft have gone 92-62 with two Grey Cup victories. It was great managing by Walters & coaching by O'Shea that made for an incredibe turnaround in our team's fortunes compared to Ottawa. Pretty heady days for the RedBlacks organization & their fans ten years ago thinking they had it made in the shade. That the good times would never end. 

Ottawa found out something the hard way, though. That it was a lot easier to build a roster from the ground up in an expansion draft & getting to $5 million in salary cap money one player at a time from the ground floor, then manage free agency & drafting all from scratch. Then in seasons afterwards, the difficulty of managing a complete roster & trying to sign back key free agents without losing them while bringing in others from different CFL teams. Trying to sign players while staying within the salary cap isn't easy. That's a whole new thing that Ottawa has absolutely failed in. It was so easy that first year & so very hard after that as Desjardins & then Burke found out. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27