Merry Xmas/Season's Greetings/ Happy Holidays/Fesivus For The Rest Of Us -Whatever You Want To Call It.

SpeedFlex27

Merry Christmas and the best of the holiday season to you all. For the airing of grievances, head over to the “your hate goes here” thread. But best wishes to everyone who makes this place the great community it is, and has helped link us thorough good times, bad times, and pandemic isolation. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Happy Holidays and enjoy whatever and however you celebrate, if at all. Santa brought us a bill for a new furnace, that conked on Christmas Eve. Space heaters and heavy blankets for everyone until we can get a new one installed! Ho ho ho! 

Happened to me a few years ago. Had to camp out around the gas fireplace until we could get a repair guy out on the 27th...it sucked but welcome to Canada....

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

All good, yo... You have to laugh or you'll go crazy. Hope everyone is having a great day so far!! 

We've experienced the same thing. It seems when an appliance of ours failed it always was at the worst possible time. My wife & I are just going to sit down for our turkey dinner. Quiet Xmas this season with just us. Hopefully, we'll fly to Seattle next year for Xmas. I'd prefer to drive based on what is going on with stranded flyers & cancelled flights. However, then there's blizzards to deal with driving thru the mountains in BC & Washington. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2022-12-26 at 11:20 AM, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah appliances (generally important ones) always fail at the worst time. My stopped running the same day I learned I was out of a job at the end of the year. Coming home to a freezing house when you're have a **** day is not great.

2023 going to be your year. :)

• 2 weeks later...