Game 24 : The Return of Paul Maurice

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Score flatters Florida, shots very deceiving as Jets in control all night and most of the shots not in the high danger area. All 4 lines solid on the forecheck and back check. 

I find shots on goal to be one of the most deceptive hockey stats.  In today's game, shooting from anywhere is just entertainment for the goalie.

10 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I find shots on goal to be one of the most deceptive hockey stats.  In today's game, shooting from anywhere is just entertainment for the goalie.

I agree with it being deceptive at times however there is some merit now and then to the 'throw it at the net you never know what can happen' philosophy.

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Win #10 at home, back in first place, best win % in the division. Boys are playing some excellent hockey this season.

Obviously strong goaltending usually gets the nod for MVP, but if I had to chose KC is my choice. Wow. He can score, play make and defend.

My guess is the scouting report on Helle is to go high glove side. The trick is accomplishing that though. Not much room for error.

And how does one get a job at being the guy in the penalty box sitting alongside the penalized player (s)? What a sweet job and the ongoing convo's they must hear, priceless. I'd probably forget that I have a job to do.